Words I thought I'd never say

JoeSchmuckatelli

12 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

But if you enjoyed her show

Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised. 

Far better than the Ryan Seacrest drivel on the other channel. 

FWIW - we had a saying in the Marines:

'Mandatory Fun' was always at least one of those things. 

(if you get my drift) 

Ive always watched Rockin NYE, family tradition, but when Dick Clark left it (i forget if it was his stroke that forced him off or if he passed away before being able to do another) seacrest made it awful. I only tune in now long enough to watch the ball drop then i dip. FWIW right now as 2022 closes im sitting on my porch with my fire-pit lit and my neighborhood sounds like WWIII! Whats got me confused is i SWEAR i hear bagpipes somewhere behind the pops of fireworks…

Good bye 2022!

235212312022 8 minutes left!

mom had to watch it for legacy reasons, but it reminded me how much i dislike modern mainstream music. so i put gwar's 'sick of you' on to celebrate the now deactivated tv set. 

its not even midnight yet.

Edited by Nuke

9 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Furthest West state, right? 

honestly im not sure, alaska covers 4 timezones. and the dateline does that weird zigzag thing between alaska and russia. but as far as i know all of alaska falls under alaska time, which is an hour after pacific and an hour before hawaii time.  alaska does technically have islands further west than hawaii. the aleutian chain for example. the diomede islands, where one is alaskan and the other is russian with like 2 and a half miles between them, and where the dateline does its meandering. you could technically time travel with a kayak. go back or forward in time a day most of the year, new years you can time travel a year if you are brave enough to be in those waters in december/january. 

Edited by Nuke

no, i live on the other side of the state, down the panhandle. but i can see canada.

i suppose you could see russia from nome, but ive never been up there. palin lives in wasilla which is about an hour out of anchorage, and the only thing they can see is my sister's bad driving.  spotting russia from wasilla is like being able to see la from vegas. 

you can see mt denali from anchorage but its like 8 hours away by car. after that drive you will never want to see another tree ever again. 

Edited by Nuke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.