I was planning to stop playing till Release Day. Am I the only one?

I stopped playing in for a long time ago. I'm hyped for KSP2 but it is going to be disappointment for me because there won't be colony parts or the function. so whatever you have seen in the videos, they are not going to be in the EA. There will be nothing about progression in the EA so I buy the game check around and wait again for the next update.

Some times since I played KSP 1 seriously, main problem there is that the game bugs out on me. 
Done some fun stunt like see how close I could fly to the sun or dropped 100 probes on a free return trajectory to the Mun to see that happened. 

Will probably buy KSP 2 on launch based or previews. 

15 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Some times since I played KSP 1 seriously, main problem there is that the game bugs out on me. 

Trying to seriously get into this game always results in disappointment. Buggyness and terrible performance in general always leads to me scaling back my ambitions until I am left thinking "why am I still playing this?". Kudos to the people who can play this game for more than a month and not think "wow, this is worthless". I mean, the frequent sales selling it for next to nothing is rather telling to me.

5 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Trying to seriously get into this game always results in disappointment. Buggyness and terrible performance in general always leads to me scaling back my ambitions until I am left thinking "why am I still playing this?". Kudos to the people who can play this game for more than a month and not think "wow, this is worthless". I mean, the frequent sales selling it for next to nothing is rather telling to me.

Even if I ultimately solved some of the bugs that plagued my last interplanetary attempts I'm still too scared to even try them, my last save a couple of months ago was mainly low tech rocket development as I played while listening to Scott Manley's series on the Thor and Delta rocket families.

My next big interplanetary mothership to reach Duna or beyond is going to be in KSP2, whenever that game is ready enough for me to trust it to give me a mission like that without save-breaking bugs.

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

LjBnutv.png

And that was only to get to the space center, from which two more scene changes would be needed to take control of another vessel :)

bro, i was do davinchi resolve to do some tracking on some 4k 60fps videos.. i tracked something for 8 seconds, and took up 57GB of ram to just render out... people think im insane for having a Ryzen 5 3600 with 64gb of ram, but i get proved correct over and over again that its a huge idea to future proof your ram...

i hope that ksp 2 isn't a ram hog, unless its completely necessary for more ram..

2 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

bro, i was do davinchi resolve to do some tracking on some 4k 60fps videos.. i tracked something for 8 seconds, and took up 57GB of ram to just render out... people think im insane for having a Ryzen 5 3600 with 64gb of ram, but i get proved correct over and over again that its a huge idea to future proof your ram...

i hope that ksp 2 isn't a ram hog, unless its completely necessary for more ram..

KSP 2 will be a ram hog if you download 250 mods. It's just the nature of the game. That's why I upgraded to 64 gigs, just so I could run KSP and a browser with a few tabs  at the same time. Or possibly a second game to play while waiting periods. 

Just now, GoldForest said:

KSP 2 will be a ram hog if you download 250 mods. It's just the nature of the game. That's why I upgraded to 64 gigs, just so I could run KSP and a browser with a few tabs  at the same time. Or possibly a second game to play while waiting periods. 

i wonder what mods will be there out of the gate, or what mods will be needed.

there is not alot i can think of until i get it on hand

i wonder what mods will be there out of the gate, or what mods will be needed.

there is not alot i can think of until i get it on hand

Mechjeb for sure will be a mod that people will want/need.

There will probably be a few planet pack mods that get added within the first month or two of EA.

Better time warp will probably be another mod that gets ported/made almost instantly because people always love to go faster. And with acceleration under time warp, it will go even faster.

Recolor mod will probably be made to add the ability to use hex codes instead of a color wheel. 

Just now, GoldForest said:

Mechjeb for sure will be a mod that people will want/need.

There will probably be a few planet pack mods that get added within the first month or two of EA.

Better time warp will probably be another mod that gets ported/made almost instantly because people always love to go faster. And with acceleration under time warp, it will go even faster.

Recolor mod will probably be made to add the ability to use hex codes instead of a color wheel. 

i thought pretty much some of the mechjeb was going to be added... planet mods is going to be a huge undertaking, so i can see it will take a while, better time warp will be in ksp 2 right out of the gate, its one of those "mods that go into the game" and i can see recolor hex mod in like 19 hours lmao.

Just now, Stephensan said:

i thought pretty much some of the mechjeb was going to be added... planet mods is going to be a huge undertaking, so i can see it will take a while, better time warp will be in ksp 2 right out of the gate, its one of those "mods that go into the game" and i can see recolor hex mod in like 19 hours lmao.

As far as we know, there's little to no integrated mechjeb. Of course, we've heard nothing about automation safe for the 'resupply route' automation. As far as rocket flying automation, there's no info. 

True, but I can see people porting current planets into KSP 2. I mean, there's always someone that does that little quick and dirty port.

Alright, "Even better timewarp" with FASTER than KSP 2 stock time warp.

I give it 9 hours, tops. 

7 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

As far as we know, there's little to no integrated mechjeb. Of course, we've heard nothing about automation safe for the 'resupply route' automation. As far as rocket flying automation, there's no info. 

True, but I can see people porting current planets into KSP 2. I mean, there's always someone that does that little quick and dirty port.

I give it 9 hours, tops. 

I say 2 hours

22 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

The insane thing is that people managed to make a GAME of all things take up that much RAM.

KSP 1 is unhealthy.

20 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

KSP 2 will be a ram hog if you download 250 mods. It's just the nature of the game.

KSP 2 isn't the same game, though. We'll just have to wait and see how it offloads game data that the devs didn't make.

10 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

i thought pretty much some of the mechjeb was going to be added...

While things like ascent guidance feel somewhat invasive by tearing control from you, stock SAS doesn't let you force roll or become parallel to a target docking port as opposed to facing it directly, nor does it let you fix a specific heading and attitude like Mechjeb or the old (sometime before 0.20) point-and-lock SAS did.

14 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I give it 9 hours, tops. 

ksp 2 is going to do time warp under acceleration, and even being built around going to other solar systems, i doubt they will make the mistake of not having a warp speed that isn't fast enough for everyone..

the only thing i can think of is persistent rotation under time warp.

5 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

While things like ascent guidance feel somewhat invasive by tearing control from you, stock SAS doesn't let you force roll or become parallel to a target docking port as opposed to facing it directly, nor does it let you fix a specific heading and attitude like Mechjeb or the old (sometime before 0.20) point-and-lock SAS did.

yeah im really hoping for a the mech jeb coder to get ksp 2 early so he can remake it without being rushed out the door, slam with some UI that is very close to ksp 2 i can really see that if its popular enough ksp 2 will add it as a addition setting you can add in your games, instead of a mod..

ksp 2 is going to do time warp under acceleration, and even being built around going to other solar systems, i doubt they will make the mistake of not having a warp speed that isn't fast enough for everyone..

the only thing i can think of is persistent rotation under time warp.

yeah im really hoping for a the mech jeb coder to get ksp 2 early so he can remake it without being rushed out the door, slam with some UI that is very close to ksp 2 i can really see that if its popular enough ksp 2 will add it as a addition setting you can add in your games, instead of a mod..

People ALWAYS wants faster speeds. Trust me, someone will want a time warp that gets you 5 lightyears in 5 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Stephensan said:

while this topic is a important one, lets talk about the BEAST you're playing on!