[WIP] Pluto Analog - Further out than Jool

Hofugir

I didnt hack KSP or Reverse Engineer it. You all assume things to fast.

Got a pic of it while in scene mode, just the planet model in a new scene. I havent used Unity for a while so im getting used to it again :P Link: http://imgur.com/a/TCsCm#WvUiU

Just started the project 2 days ago of posting this FYI

Please do not bs or anything, got no heightmap and a simple light for perspective

Hey guys, Hofugir said before it was nothing special to look at, give him time.

Kreuzung, you must have seen how flexible the plugin system is, after all you have written one, there's nothing to say that planets can't be done this way.

And the rest of the rule in the above post:

A user shall not: post to De-rail a topic.

A user shall not: post a comment purely for reaction.

So we'll have no more 'Troll' comments please.

Plus I'm a derp I was thinking of this.

Still want this add-on though....

Edited by sal_vager

Alright first props to Hofugir, he is already fifty levels of awesome above where I am just by being able to open Unity. Keep up the hard work, I am sure it will turn out fine. Please keep working hard, If I can help PM me, I will do whatever I can. As a general rule the community can do better, be nice guys.

BA665

I love it! If I can put in a suggestion, I'd love to see a some "rippling" terrain to try and land on. I haven't found any terrain like this anywhere in the current game, but I like the idea of this sort of terrain because it only has small, narrow bits of even ground.

I know I'm really no one, but I'd rather see this thread focus on the possibility that this isn't a troll.

Dear Hoff,

Please post a screenshot and inspire some hope, even if it is a little rough. Please also consider using the heightmap for Jita IV-4 for your planet, as no doubt, we will all die getting there.

-Dishy.

I know I'm really no one, but I'd rather see this thread focus on the possibility that this isn't a troll.

Dear Hoff,

Please post a screenshot and inspire some hope, even if it is a little rough. Please also consider using the heightmap for Jita IV-4 for your planet, as no doubt, we will all die getting there.

-Dishy.

jita08.jpg

:sticktongue:

On Topic:

Please OP, at least post a picture of map view. I really don't like all the jerks posting here. I want to believe so bad.

Since it has been done in previous versions, why not in KSP 0.17? I like to believe that any knowledgable creator can create his or her own planet. It can't be simple since KSP still isn't swarming with all kinds of " own design" planets. But Hofugir, please make it landable. I don't believe there is much interest in 'just a pretty picture in the sky'.

Since it has been done in previous versions, why not in KSP 0.17? I like to believe that any knowledgable creator can create his or her own planet. It can't be simple since KSP still isn't swarming with all kinds of " own design" planets. But Hofugir, please make it landable. I don't believe there is much interest in 'just a pretty picture in the sky'.

Oh yeah. I remember when Sillisko put the Mun in orbit around Kerbol.

And there was that other guy who made the Mun orbit inside Kerbin. Good times. :sticktongue:

Okay guys, with the ingame pics : Trying to do this without the benefit of looking at the planets code(Figuring it out by my self slowly is hard) and that i sleep,work,cuddle with baby and do other stuff on the internet i get 1-2 hours of work and that is just me testing ALOT of things.

I successfully crashed KSP and accidentally made the planets lose orbit velocity and bug out.

Basic part of the terrain im doing with a terrain object after smoothing : [ATTACH=CONFIG]34100[/ATTACH]

Okay guys, with the ingame pics : Trying to do this without the benefit of looking at the planets code(Figuring it out by my self slowly is hard) and that i sleep,work,cuddle with baby and do other stuff on the internet i get 1-2 hours of work and that is just me testing ALOT of things.

I successfully crashed KSP and accidentally made the planets lose orbit velocity and bug out.

Basic part of the terrain im doing with a terrain object after smoothing : [ATTACH=CONFIG]34100[/ATTACH]

Alright, I believe you now. Hopefully we get some pics soon.

Can it please be third Kerbin moon on very low orbit(cca 1 million meters)?

If not,at least tell us how you make another planet...

MartinVD, it's not going to be a third moon, if you know what Pluto is then you probally know its a dwarfplanet on the outskirts of the solar system and thats my goal. Making a little celestial body far way with high inclination on its orbit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.