Shuttle, Spaceplanes, Plane/Shuttle Parts, Now Launch Vehicles , Engine Packs & Rovers Mods (Updated 2023/01/30)

linuxgurugamer

I've been getting together a spreadsheet keeping track of all the different mods which provide shuttles, spaceplanes, as well as plane/shuttle parts.  Now that KSP 2 is almost here, I figured I'd share this.  I'm sure that I've missed mods, please let me know and I'll update it.

The spreadsheet is now also covering launch vehicles

This does not cover mods which only have a few parts, these mods are comprehensive collections of parts.

This is not intended to be a totally comprehensive set of mods.  There are a lot of mods which don't fit into these categories.  My goal here is to categorize those mods which have multiple large parts packs in the same category

Definitions

• Shuttle has a mostly flat bottom lifting body
  • Spaceplanes are more symmetrical, and are designed to fly themselves without boosters (mostly)
  • Plane/Shuttle parts are various parts, not a complete part set to build a vehicle
  • Engine Packs need to have a variety of engines
  • Rover mods contain parts to build complete rovers

Some of the mods listed can fit into both categories, I've put them into the one that I feel best matches the mod

The spreadsheet has links to both the forum page and (usually) a Spacedock page (or github) where the mods can be downloaded from

It's a Google Sheets file, you can access it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UFd84PutnToQhvZ5cdX9Lo6v9WqX60tXiDBzCReZFTI/edit?usp=sharing

Future Plans

• I may also be adding a section for engine parts pack

Shuttle Mods

Spoiler

Name CKAN Max KSP Comments

APUS (beta) Y 1.7 Mk1.5 Flat bottom shuttle parts
Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle (Shuttle Lifting Body) Y 1.7 Fully featured Space Shuttle including boosters, external tank, MMU, and assorted payload mounting options as well as new texture options for the stock Mk3 cockpit, payload bays, and landing gears
Flat Bottom Shuttle Systems Y 1.7 A parts pack of 2.5m flat-bottom space plane parts, plus a few extras.
Kerbal Mini Shuttle Y 1.12 This add-on adds parts of a small shuttle to the game, which is capable of sending up in orbit Kerbin to 3 tons
KNES   1.12 This is a stockalike parts mod that allows you to create French rockets and european Ariane family & Some Conceptual spacecraft never buildt
Mk 2.5 Spaceplane Parts Y 1.12 2.5m flat-bottom spaceplane parts that generate a bit of lift
Mk-33 Y 1.12 Mk-33: X-33-inspired parts for KSP!
Mk-X Spaceplane Parts Y 1.12 Parts to make an X-37
Pteron Y 1.12 Three kerbal Micro Shuttle and Rescue Venicle (MSRV)
Recycled Parts Farscape Y 1.12 a sci-fi hot rod for jetting all around the Kerbal system. It's the Farscape module.
Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Space Shuttle Orbiter! | (Tubes!) | v1.1.8 Y 1.12 Stockalike parts for NASA's Space Shuttle Orbiter.
Space Shuttle (beta)   1.4 Space shuttle derived from the Space Shuttle System
Space Shuttle Pack   1 Space Shuttle Pack,orginally by Mike-NZ.
Space Shuttle System   1.2 Space Shuttle System is a high quality, high fidelity Space Shuttle mod for Kerbal Space Program
SPOCK-Shuttle Pathfinder Orbiter Construction Kit | Stockalike Nuclear Shuttle Pathfinder
  1.12 A mod recreating the Pathfinder, a second generation nuclear shuttle series came from the TV show For All Mankind Season 2
Ж-20 "Moroz" Spaceplane   1.12 A small Dynasoar type shuttle

Spaceplane Mods

Spoiler

B9 Aerospace Y 1.8 A vast selection of new parts, introducing new spaceplane components such as new engines, cockpits, wings and fuselage systems, new structural components for orbital installations and colonies, and so on
MarkIVSpaceplaneSystem Y 1.1 Wide-body, massive spaceplane fuselage including advanced engines
OPT Spaceplane (Legacy) Y 1.11 OPT Legacy: Retired parts and expansion pack
OPT Spaceplane Continued Y 1.11 The "Main" pack from OPT. No more old plugin bundles. *Requires* Reconfig
Retrofuture Space Plane Parts Modernized Y 1.12 A collection of aircraft and spacecraft parts with a retro style
Thunderbirds InterKerbin Rescue Y 1.12 Craft from the classic Thunderbirds series

Plane & Shuttle Parts

Spoiler

Airplane Plus Y 1.8 Adds plane parts. Images are on the album
Aviation Cockpits   1.2 Cockpits for your IVA missions
C.E.D.A Aeronautics Division Stockalike Airplane Parts Pack Y 1.7 Wings! Elevons! Turboprops! Aerospikes!
Cold War Aerospace Y 1.12 Cold War era parts- cockpits, engines, vehicles and more! Just put "ColdWarAerospace" folder inside Kerbal Space Program/"Gamedata" folder. Read INFO.pdf file for requirements
Harrier Jump Jet Parts Pack     A Harrier parts pack that provides everything but the landing gear and the hinges for under the wings, to build a Harrier Jump Jet
Hind MI-24 and MI-17 parts pack Y 1.12 A MK3 size 1.5 parts pack to build the MI-24 and MI-17 style helicopters.
Huey and Chinook Helicopter parts pack Y 1.12  
Kerbonov Kn-2 Cockpit Module Continued Y 1.12 The Kerbonov Kn-2 module is a compact 3 Kerbal cockpit for use with intermediate sized aircraft. It includes an IVA view.
Mk2 Stockalike Expansion Y 1.12 Adds a wide variety of parts for the Mk2 formfactor
Mk3 Stockalike Expansion Y 1.12 Adds a variety of new Mk3 parts to KSP
Mk3HypersonicSystems Y 1.12 A parts pack geared toward making heavy spaceplanes using the Mk3 fuselage systems
Moderately Plane Related Y 1.12 Moderately Plane Related contains high quality parts consistent with the AirplanePlus art style, and incorporates BDA+ integration for use in BDArmory dogfighter competitions such as Runway Project and Fighter Jet Round Table
Near Future Aeronautics Y 1.12 Advanced aerospace parts including intakes, propellers, jet/multimode/nuclear engines for gigantic spaceplanes
NeistAir Reupdated Y 1.12 The NeistAir Plane Part Pack
Nice MKseries Body Y 1.12 Cold War era fighter parts
PrakasaAeroworks Y 1.12 Prakasa is a pod and engine focused pack aimed at aircraft and spaceplanes, namely with the objective of filling the 2.5 meter void between the diminutive Mk2 and massive Mk3. 13 cockpits total as of 0.7, all featuring RPM IVAs. The parts are themed towards a somewhat more distant future than stock, offering greater interior space and a cleaner, spaceship-er aesthetic.
QuizTechAeroPackContinued Y 1.12 An expansion for stock and modded spaceplane parts!
Recycled Parts Y 1.12 A number of old mods, several are Mk2 parts
SpikeX supersonic project Y 1.12 NESD's warehouse
SXT Continued Y 1.12 Parts for all areas of KSP

Launch Vehicles Mods

Spoiler

AB Launchers Y 1.3 A modular part set for very heavy payloads, based on Energia and its prospective derivatives, using a 5m diameter core and 2.5m diameter boosters.
Artemis ConstructionKit Y 1.12 Adds parts inspired by NASA's Artemis missions including Orion & SLS
Bluedog Design Bureau Y 1.12 Adds stockalike Apollo, Saturn, Titan, Atlas and many many other things besides
Chang Zheng 2 Launch System Y 1.1 A mod about chinese rocket —The Long March 2
DIRECT Launch Vehicles Y 1.1 A pack of parts designed to create STS & Shuttle-derived launch vehicles
eDIRECT | Stockalike Orion, SLS, & Shuttle-Derived Launchers   1.8 Shuttle-derived heavy lift vehicles for Kerbal Space Program.
Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul Y 1.1 Mostly the same as the stock parts but with modern aesthetics
KIU Chinese Launch Vehicle Pack Y 1.12 This mod aims to bring as many Chinese Launch vehicles to KSP as possible
KNES   1.12 This is a stockalike parts mod that allows you to create French rockets and european Ariane family & Some Conceptual spacecraft never buildt
KWRocketry Rebalanced Y 1.12 KW Rocketry, with fuel tanks rebalanced
Near Future Launch Vehicles Y 1.12 Super-heavy lifter parts
NovaPunch Rebalanced Y 1.12 A continuation of the venerable NovaPunch launcher pack. This is mostly Engines and Tanks, with a few Command Modules, and a small lander setup
PEBKAC Saturn V Parts Y 1.12 These parts are modeled after the NASA Apollo Saturn V first stage booster. They are only sort of game-balanced and are big memory hogs, for the most part.
ShadowWorks Stockalike SLS and More Y 1.12 A parts pack that adds Space Shuttle related parts, SLS and Orion parts, and ISS-like station parts and more.
Space Launch System Part Pack Y 1.9 Part dedicated to create Space Launch System Block: 1, 1B, 2
Space Weasel Industries Stockalike SLS Y 1.4 Stockalike SLS Part Pack
SpaceX Launch Vehicles Y 1.1 Crew Dragon, Starlink, Falcon 9, Falcon Heavy, Drone Ships to land your boosters on, Raptor engines and much more!
Spice Launch System Y 1.1 space launch system realism mod
SSTO Project Y 1.12 SSTO project add wide range of high-performance spacecraft parts
Tantares - Soviet Spacecraft Y 1.12 Stockalike Soviet Spacecraft
Wernher's Old Stuff Y 1.12 Old rocket parts from the dawn of the rocket age
Ziegler Launch System Y 1.12 Stockalike Astra Rocket 3.x

Engine Packs

Spoiler

RLA Reborn Y 1.12 Parts to fill stock niches
Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Large Parts Y 1.6 Color-coded engines, tanks, and other part categories in three non-stock sizes, namely 5m, 7.5m, and 10m
Cryogenic Engines Y 1.12 Provides new, very high efficiency engines in 1.26m, 2.5m and 3.75m size classes that burn liquid hydrogen
Explodium Breathing Engines Y 1.12 A set of cloned configuration files from stock jet engine parts that use oxidizer only, and a new resource configuration found hypothetically in Eve's atmosphere: "Explodium Vapour" evaporated from Eve's Explodium Sea. This vapour may also be present on other planets in popular planet packs.
Forgotten Real Engines Y 1.3 FRE is a set of realistics engines intended for use with Realism Overhaul. Includes Viking engines (Ariane I to IV), Vega engines, LE-7 and LE-5 Japan engines, and more!
Hyper Propulsion Sci-Fi Engine Pack Y 1.7 Super efficient Thermonuclear reactors
Ore Engines Y 1.11 A simple parts mod that adds some engines fed by ore(and only ore).
Project Orion' Nuclear Pulse Engine Y 1.12 Orion pulse engines
Pure Electric Y 1.12 Pure electric engines, just remember the batteries
Radial Engine for Spacecraft - TGOL Group Y 1.9 Radial engines
Real Engines Y 1.3 This add-on adds a pack of engines.
retracting/Vectoring Engines, Critter Crawler Y 1.12 A number of nice retractable engines along with some misc parts
RO Engines Y 1.12 This takes the best versions of engine models available and uses them as the in-game models for Realism Overhaul parts

Rovers

Spoiler

Buffalo: NASA Inspired Modular Space Exploration Vehicle Y 1.12 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle (MSEV) based upon NASA MMSEV
Buffalo 2 Modular Space Exploration Vehicle Y 1.12 A redesigned Buffalo rover
Exploration Rover System by A.S.E.T. Y 1.12 A rover for your exploration needs
Kerbin Rover Redux Y 1.12 An update and small expansion of Tiktaalik Dreaming's Kerbin Rover Mod. Giving you a detailed LandRover.
Portable Rover Components by A.S.E.T Y 1.12 Portable rover components. Build your rover on site from parts
Feline Utility Rovers Y 1.12 Articulated rovers
Karibou Expedition Rover Y 1.12 This is part of a much larger pack now, was merged with USI Kolonization Systems
Kerbin Expedition Rover Y 1.1 An update and small expansion of Tiktaalik Dreaming's Kerbin Rover Mod. Giving you a detailed LandRover. Updated to 1.1.0
Kerbin Rover Off-Road Vehicles Y 1.6 KerbinRover, famous for their Defender series of vehicles, is now making space adapted versions of their range of vehicles.
Malemute rover Y 1.12 A 1.25m rover platform for exploration and science collecting
Mini Moke Versatile Y 1.12 A parts pack to give you a truly customisable Kerbal sized Mini Moke
Phoenix Industries ARES Rover Y 1.1 Based on the manned rover from The Martian
Rovers & Roadsters Y 1.1 New parts for rovers and other ground vehicles
Version 2.0 Industries Rover Pack Y 1.3 Rover parts seeking to fill a kerbal's need for thrill and adventure by way of exploration with little to no safety guidelines. Near futurish rover parts for Kerbal Space Program
The Martian for KSP (remake of ARES Rover) Y 1.10.1 Rover and the Mars Ascent Vehicle from the movie The Martian

Edited by linuxgurugamer

A few additions:

B9 Aerospace that was a must have in the early days of KSP:

In small mod linked to Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit, there is SPOCK (Pathfinder of For All Mankind):

And to not forgot Ж-20 "Moroz":

@linuxgurugamer Instead of listing mods under category headings, consider a Y/N column for each category to allow for nuances of mods that fit into multiple categories. I recognize that you have 1000s of "easy" KSP modding tasks so I took the liberty of doing the reformat. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ln4mk1EoDAdLEyPRXQXx7Vi4wGcFcS9u4wcgBtipvSs/edit?usp=sharing

Go ahead and re-copy my copy if it helps, or if you want me to make a 1st pass at mods that actually belong in more categories I'll do that. And, if you hate the idea, I'm not insulted :)

On 1/23/2023 at 11:54 PM, DeadJohn said:

@linuxgurugamer Instead of listing mods under category headings, consider a Y/N column for each category to allow for nuances of mods that fit into multiple categories. I recognize that you have 1000s of "easy" KSP modding tasks so I took the liberty of doing the reformat. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ln4mk1EoDAdLEyPRXQXx7Vi4wGcFcS9u4wcgBtipvSs/edit?usp=sharing

Go ahead and re-copy my copy if it helps, or if you want me to make a 1st pass at mods that actually belong in more categories I'll do that. And, if you hate the idea, I'm not insulted :)

Hmmm, I thought I had replied.  Must have been too busy.

My original intent was to be able to look at a single category.  The only problem I see with  your sheet is that once the mods get sorted, it's all scrambled.

So, what about this:

I like the columns indicating what each mod has, which will help for those that fit multiple categories.  Do you think that all mods can be assigned a main category, like I did, and then have the columns indicating additional categories?

On 1/23/2023 at 11:54 PM, DeadJohn said:

I've gotten more mods to add, I'm holding off on doing any edits until we get a good final version

21 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've gotten more mods to add, I'm holding off on doing any edits until we get a good final version

I just added filters to the category columns, does that solve your sorting concern?

As for having a main category for each mod, I previously thought about using some graduated low-med-hi scale instead of just "Y", but that starts to become subjective. What do you think about P(rimary) for a mod's main role, and S(econdary) for everything else it does?

1 hour ago, DeadJohn said:

I just added filters to the category columns, does that solve your sorting concern?

As for having a main category for each mod, I previously thought about using some graduated low-med-hi scale instead of just "Y", but that starts to become subjective. What do you think about P(rimary) for a mod's main role, and S(econdary) for everything else it does?

I don't see the filters on the columns, have you shared it yet?

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't see the filters on the columns, have you shared it yet?

It's still the same sheet so the same link from before should work. Look for the green filter icons in row 10.

I already went through and changed the category Y's to capital P. I then added some lowercase s's to some mods I know well just to see how it looks. Capital "P" and lower "s" are more distinctive than if they were both capitals.

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

It's still the same sheet so the same link from before should work. Look for the green filter icons in row 10.

I already went through and changed the category Y's to capital P. I then added some lowercase s's to some mods I know well just to see how it looks. Capital "P" and lower "s" are more distinctive than if they were both capitals.

I don't see the green filter icons, this is what I am seeing:

bHJBmof.png

50 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't see the green filter icons, this is what I am seeing:

I think I see what's going on. Google Sheets seems to prefer sharing filter results instead of the filter conditions across users. Try this:

1. Click any column name in row 10 (it doesn't matter which one, Sheets seems smart enough to extend your selection later to include everything)
  2. Data / Filter Views / Create New Temporary Filter View from the top menu (alternate: click the filter icon instead of the menu)
  3. The green filter icons should show up. Click to filter/sort by a column.

I think filtering might be smoother if you have edit permissions to my copy. That should enable some grayed-out filtering options. Granted.

4 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

I think I see what's going on. Google Sheets seems to prefer sharing filter results instead of the filter conditions across users. Try this:

1. Click any column name in row 10 (it doesn't matter which one, Sheets seems smart enough to extend your selection later to include everything)
  2. Data / Filter Views / Create New Temporary Filter View from the top menu (alternate: click the filter icon instead of the menu)
  3. The green filter icons should show up. Click to filter/sort by a column.

I think filtering might be smoother if you have edit permissions to my copy. That should enable some grayed-out filtering options. Granted.

That worked, although it's not good for general use if people have to do that.

Also, when I tried it, seemed to stop  at row 83, anything below that didn't get sorted. Maybe a range issue?

Actually, some other weird stuff is now happening. Seems to be nissing rows 19-41 on the display

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 1/25/2023 at 7:15 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

That worked, although it's not good for general use if people have to do that.

Also, when I tried it, seemed to stop  at row 83, anything below that didn't get sorted. Maybe a range issue?

Actually, some other weird stuff is now happening. Seems to be nissing rows 19-41 on the display

The filters are acting inconsistently depending on whether someone owns the sheet, has write access, or has read access. As an alternative I tried 6 new slicer buttons at the top of the page. The slicers seem better than filters when I'm logged out of Google with read-only access.

(Aaargggh ... the slicers work well across accounts and browsers, but are non-functional from the Android Sheets app. Other forums say it's been broken since 2019.)

To make better use of screen real estate I also moved some of the static description rows to a new "Notes" sheet. The main sheet now just has a single header row followed by data.

Please let me know how the slicers work from whatever browser/app you use.

22 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

The filters are acting inconsistently depending on whether someone owns the sheet, has write access, or has read access. As an alternative I tried 6 new slicer buttons at the top of the page. The slicers seem better than filters when I'm logged out of Google with read-only access.

(Aaargggh ... the slicers work well across accounts and browsers, but are non-functional from the Android Sheets app. Other forums say it's been broken since 2019.)

To make better use of screen real estate I also moved some of the static description rows to a new "Notes" sheet. The main sheet now just has a single header row followed by data.

Please let me know how the slicers work from whatever browser/app you use.

Sorry, they are just too confusing.

I think I'm going to adopt your idea of the secondary type columns, but will be sticking with the static spreadsheet, at least for now.

To a certain extent, this may even be better suited to a web page, with a small MySql db in the back end, to allow standardized queries.  But that may be for a future date, for now, I have additions I have to add, and will also go through the current listings and add the secondary entries, if appropriate

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.