Please don't put habitable planets(or stars) everywhere

1 hour ago, kspnerd122 said:

this last point makes almost 0 sense, if you are talking about tidal locking, that's not how it works, the moon still rotates but its orbital period is the same as its rotation period, so 1 face always points at it, if a planet basically doesn't rotate, all parts of that see the sun and there is no static terminator, also, to get that type of planet you need a red dwarf, which are super nasty, flare constantly, and that flaring and dimming tends to very quickly strip an atmosphere off

its because ur knowledge is limited ;) Just look in Google last investigation

1 hour ago, kerlon_kersk said:
3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Only for that terminator to move within a matter of days as the planet progresses in its orbit?

Upper and bottom side will always in same conditions. But okay maybe not 90degree, 70-89 okay ;)

When you say 90 degrees, are you on about a planet like Uranus that's sideways or a planet that has no axial tilt? A planet with no axial tilt would have 0 degrees of tilt.

3 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

this last point makes almost 0 sense, if you are talking about tidal locking, that's not how it works, the moon still rotates but its orbital period is the same as its rotation period, so 1 face always points at it, if a planet basically doesn't rotate, all parts of that see the sun and there is no static terminator, also, to get that type of planet you need a red dwarf, which are super nasty, flare constantly, and that flaring and dimming tends to very quickly strip an atmosphere off

What kerlon_kersk is talking about is an Eyeball Planet.
I think I read somewhere that if it had a strong enough Magnetic Field, it could keep an atmosphere, and possibly even oceans.  A habitable world like that is possible, and with the bucket loads of red dwarves there are  IRL, one should exist somewhere. I would presume this is true in the Kerbal universe as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitability_of_red_dwarf_systems

3 hours ago, kerlon_kersk said:

its because ur knowledge is limited ;) Just look in Google last investigation

Groans...

I know what im doing, I know what tidal locking is, you are the person who doesnt seem to know what your talking about.

55 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

What kerlon_kersk is talking about is an Eyeball Planet.
I think I read somewhere that if it had a strong enough Magnetic Field, it could keep an atmosphere, and possibly even oceans.  A habitable world like that is possible, and with the bucket loads of red dwarves there are  IRL, one should exist somewhere. I would presume this is true in the Kerbal universe as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitability_of_red_dwarf_systems

For this, imagine if the sun just randomly got 5 times brighter and hotter, that's... not fun for any oceans or life

9 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

When you say 90 degrees, are you on about a planet like Uranus that's sideways or a planet that has no axial tilt? A planet with no axial tilt would have 0 degrees of tilt.

I think they meant like the North Pole of the planet where it’s always day. It would be like Earth without any tilt like 0 degrees. If this were to happen then it would be always day like they were trying to say. This would be pretty interesting and it’s actually not possible on Earth, since Earth has a 23 degree tilt. On Earth, you only see this in the summer on the North Pole, or in the winter on the South Pole. 

I think there should be a black hole/pulsar system with planets that are extremely hostile with radiation everywhere. It should have precious metals which could be used to upgrade science and stuff and could be like the ‘final boss level’ of KSP 2. Kerbal ships could have to use radiation protection, such as lead insulation and the Kerbals could have radiation-proof suits.

Edited by CytauriKerbal

On 2/7/2023 at 11:58 PM, LHACK4142 said:

I think the whale on Laythe is there because of the Infinite Improbability Drive...

Sorry, didn't notice

On 2/7/2023 at 11:51 PM, kspnerd122 said:

tidal heating is miniscule as compared to a solar energy budget, orbits being close to circular is different from the orbit being perfectly circular

It is quite literally circular.

Apoapsis 27 184 000 m 

Periapsis 27 184 000 m 

Orbits just twice as far and a bit around Jool, which is almos6 times equatorial sizeg. Big forces. Solar heating replenishes.

I definitely feel that having obviously life-filled bodies in places ruins the whole mystery aspect of everything, especially KSP basically being a stylised analogue to real life space exploration. If we don't know where life is found outside of Earth, the Kerbals won't know where life is found outside of Kerbin. There should be miniscule hints of life that could exist on a planet, like how some moons of Jupiter and Saturn could have life under their surface. Having somewhat habitable planets somewhere won't annoy me too much, but having a planet that is covered with green plants and trees will.  I will say that making a planet that is not habitable interesting is better than a habitable planet in general because it would require more effort to make it unique, which would give a wide diversity of creative ideas, not just the generic 'planet with big oceans and breathable atmosphere'. I also think that Laythe is annoying as it doesn't have a good analogue. For example: Jool is a gas giant, clear bands, has some moons - it represents Jupiter.  Tylo - biggest moon of Jool - Analogue of Ganymede.  Laythe - thick, breathable atmosphere, big oceans - Europa??? I mean, both worlds have water... Despite Europa having no atmosphere, no seas... Or really anything. I know there are some vague objects in the Kerbol System that have no clear analogue in real life, but all of them are just small rocks at best. Laythe is an odd one out, and I like consistency.

Edited by Chibbob

On 2/12/2023 at 10:15 AM, Chibbob said:

I definitely feel that having obviously life-filled bodies in places ruins the whole mystery aspect of everything, especially KSP basically being a stylised analogue to real life space exploration. If we don't know where life is found outside of Earth, the Kerbals won't know where life is found outside of Kerbin. There should be miniscule hints of life that could exist on a planet, like how some moons of Jupiter and Saturn could have life under their surface. Having somewhat habitable planets somewhere won't annoy me too much, but having a planet that is covered with green plants and trees will.  I will say that making a planet that is not habitable interesting is better than a habitable planet in general because it would require more effort to make it unique, which would give a wide diversity of creative ideas, not just the generic 'planet with big oceans and breathable atmosphere'. I also think that Laythe is annoying as it doesn't have a good analogue. For example: Jool is a gas giant, clear bands, has some moons - it represents Jupiter.  Tylo - biggest moon of Jool - Analogue of Ganymede.  Laythe - thick, breathable atmosphere, big oceans - Europa??? I mean, both worlds have water... Despite Europa having no atmosphere, no seas... Or really anything. I know there are some vague objects in the Kerbol System that have no clear analogue in real life, but all of them are just small rocks at best. Laythe is an odd one out, and I like consistency.

Yeah this is mainly my issue, I don't like explicitly habitable planets with life on them, Subsurface oceans are good since they allow for speculation while not being an explicit declaration of aliens,  in general I don't think we should have planets that are classically habitable like earth, make it so laythe could be habitable to ammonia life(doesn't explicitly have it but let people imagine it), An ice moon could have subsurface oceans, you can make seriously interesting worlds when you don't chain yourself to habitability.