Dreaming Big - Supersized International Space Station (SISS) (ISS Alternate History concept)

GoldForest

April 8th, 2002

Syndicat

Supersized ATV Module

Flown by Ariane 5SH

ESA launches the third and final core module to Stella Nova, a supersized ATV based module. 

(But the station has started to wobble... *Sigh* Maybe I should look like a welding mod of some sort...)

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

OdmSY3G.png

rCeCtL8.png

S6uSsgm.png

MDzUUML.png

Ez4FGTM.png

2yHAvLT.png

June 25th, 2002

Room for Visitors

Docking Node

Flown by NLS HLV-1

The Docking Node is launched aboard the National Launch System Heavy Launch Vehicle-1. The NLS is a system of launch vehicles produced by a private organization wanting to keep and expand the shuttle hardware. 

NLS HLV-1 is an NLS-1, but instead of SRBs, they instead strap another NLS-1 on to the first, giving it an LRB. The -1 stands for 1 LRB. -2 would be 2 LRBs. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

8mtwDWM.png

LgNSVMP.png

6q6HGMg.png

tMkAVRD.png

vkBhjOd.png

mfF7Tl1.png

11 hours ago, Ultim32 said:

@GoldForest, would you be able to share a craft file for Super Module 2?

Sure. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4uotxvg42zhbdpk/Supermodule 2.craft?dl=0

It uses quite a few mods though:

Supermodule
BDB
StationPartsExpansionRedux
NearFutureSpacecraft
Benjee10_MMSEV
HeatControl
Benjee10_SharedAssets
Habtech2

2 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

Maybe you need to update some mods, or re-install KSP.

Yeah, been thinking about doing that, but the buzzkill of the station exploding still has my mood ruined to do anything with this project. I'm kind of just messing around in KSP atm. 

On 5/6/2023 at 11:25 AM, GoldForest said:

Yeah, been thinking about doing that, but the buzzkill of the station exploding still has my mood ruined to do anything with this project. I'm kind of just messing around in KSP atm. 

Did you check the F3 report? I've had craft exploding due to a heating bug that sets them to the temperature of Kerbol upon loading them, I've only ever had it happen in Kerbol orbit, but I've also never used any of the system scaling mods.

Edited by Hydragaming
Clarifying statement

4 hours ago, Hydragaming said:

Did you check the F3 report? I've had craft exploding due to a heating bug that sets them to the temperature of Kerbol upon loading them, I've only ever had it happen in Kerbol's SOI, but I've also never used any of the system scaling mods.

I did, it didn't say any of the parts overheated iirc. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Ultim32 said:

How come Orion was the only spacecraft that survived without any damage?

It was on course to rendezvous and dock, and the explosion keeps happening at the physics load limit of 2.5 km, so most if not all the debris is avoidable.

I’m sorry this keeps happening to your space stations. Maybe you might have to invest in a better computer? Granted, it’s dumb to dump thousands of dollars into a computer for one video game, but if there are other games you want to play or projects you want to do a better computer might be the way to go.

On 6/22/2023 at 4:36 PM, Kerbalsaurus said:

I’m sorry this keeps happening to your space stations. Maybe you might have to invest in a better computer? Granted, it’s dumb to dump thousands of dollars into a computer for one video game, but if there are other games you want to play or projects you want to do a better computer might be the way to go.

I already have a beast of a laptop.

I7 10th gen

32 gigs of ram

Rtx 2070

It's just KSP being KSP

Edited by GoldForest

10 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I already have a beast of a laptop.

I5 or I7 10th gen (I think, will have to recheck)

32 gigs of ram

Rtx 2070

It's just KSP being KSP

DANG sweet setup. If the computer isn’t the issue, maybe you could launch truss segments along with cargo bays full of hella struts, and strut the station to the truss? That’s what I want to do with my space station. Maybe even build the truss first and then add the crew segments, like @BechMeister did with K.G.01.

Edited by Kerbalsaurus
Typos

• 5 months later...

So, I need some help deciding on what to do. 

I got supermodule to stop throwing errors, it was a simple config edit and I didn't see any other errors being created by Supermodule. I'm still hestinant to use it though considering I've used it TWICE now for SISS and each time SOMETHING blew up... one of those times being Supermodule itself.

So, here's what I want from you guys and gals. 

Do I:

A) Use Supermodule, HOPING AND PRAYING, it does not self destruct or cause something else to self destruct

or
B) Make a Skylab derivative of Supermodule. 

35 minutes ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

I think if you re-booted it in the 1980s with a Skylab based Supermodule, it would make quite a fun alternate history.

I'm not doing the 1980s though, unfortunately. I already have a time sort of. I'll be starting in modern-ish times. Very recent modern times. 

Reason? Well, did you see the teaser image?  :P