Dreaming Big - Supersized International Space Station (SISS) (ISS Alternate History concept)

GoldForest

Well, shoot. I thought Double Barrel Delta would be able to lift the payload I teased, but it's not having it... I guess I have to use ANOTHER cursed Delta concept... Anyone care to take a guess what that may be?

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Well, shoot. I thought Double Barrel Delta would be able to lift the payload I teased, but it's not having it... I guess I have to use ANOTHER cursed Delta concept... Anyone care to take a guess what that may be?

Triple barrel delta 4 heavy

Edited by kspbutitscursed

SISS 21: Shuttle Docking Module N0 - March 31st, 1991

Flown by - MDD Barbarian (Delta Barbarian)

The DoD has lended NASA one of their rocket launches. The DoD wants to test the lifting capability of a launch vehicle they have contracted from McDonnell Douglas. Said launch vehicle is a monster. It uses hydrogen upper stage atop a Delta II core with six Delta IIs surrounded it. It also has three shuttle SRBs attached to the outside of those six Deltas. 

The launch goes off without a hitch and SDM N0 gets delivered on schedule. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

szANLCm.png

KK0vzBo.png

oDC1LP5.png

snZWZJq.png

22NFJlm.png

r3HuR8z.png

Edited by GoldForest

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

SISS 21: Shuttle Docking Module N0 - March 31st, 1991

Flown by - MDD Barbarian (Delta Barbarian)

The DoD has lended NASA one of their rocket launches. The DoD wants to test the lifting capability of a launch vehicle they have contracted from McDonald Douglas. Said launch vehicle is a monster. It uses hydrogen upper stage atop a Delta II core with six Delta IIs surrounded it. It also has three shuttle SRBs attached to the outside of those six Deltas. 

The launch goes off without a hitch and SDM N0 gets delivered on schedule. 

szANLCm.png

KK0vzBo.png

oDC1LP5.png

snZWZJq.png

What on God's green earth did I wake up to?

Also fun fact my brain is still warming up so I read McDonald (think it's supposed to be McDonnell unless that's on purpose) as McGonagall. Do with that what you will...

24 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

What on God's green earth did I wake up to?

Also fun fact my brain is still warming up so I read McDonald (think it's supposed to be McDonnell unless that's on purpose) as McGonagall. Do with that what you will...

Yeah, my mistake. I'll fix it when I can get on a computer.

Also, you woke up to greatness!

SISS 22: Research Module - April 20th, 1991

Flown by Proton

A simple Proton Launch carrying the Research Module destined for the forward port on the Universal Docking Module's docking hub. Ordinarily, autopilot would dock the module, but with the difficult position of the fore port, cosmonauts aboard the station will take manual remote control to guide the module into place. All crews will be in their capsules ready for emergency undocking should the worse come to pass. 

4TfI8Zp.png

jBOPdtn.png

Y0DUcoy.png

Y8AYlsK.png

c6uTD1f.png

So apparently I forgot a docking port on the S3 truss... or it destroyed itself... so  yeah, SISS 24, which I actually planned to have out today as well, is now delayed while I send a repair mission.... *sigh*

10 hours ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

This is a bit off topic but how many probes do you have in your all bdb probes save?

Hmmm? All BDB Probes save? 

====================================================================================================

SISS 24: S4, S5, S6, S7 Truss segements - June 25th, 1991

Flowny By Titan LDC Barbarian

Another rocket loan from the DoD to test the capabilities and see how well the rocket does in flight. Said rocket is a Large Diameter Core Titan codenamed Barbarian. This behemoth of a rocket consists of a enlarged Titan Core with 5 main egines and 5 Titan SRBs. 

y4pj39I.png

VnFfiPJ.png

9v8TlZY.png

26CHE70.png

yCtI6PS.png

T2v6sgu.png

5 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

Wow @GoldForest you have really out done our self this is amazing 

i doubt my dell inspiron from 2015 would be able to run this 

"This isn't even my final form!"

Thanks, but I'm far from done. I have quite a few launches to complete.