Gameplay Trailer + Release Map

Intercept Games

25 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

But the screenshot came from a beta capture. The story that Intercept has been feeding us is they don't want to introduce these features until feedback on earlier releases has been incorporated, but that doesn't mean they don't exist — just not included in the first EA release.

Of course. "cheated into orbit" is by far the simpler and more likely explanation. Just like half the satellites in repair contracts seem to miss attachment points for launches.

I believe they filmed the trailer in the EA release build, which wouldn't have the orbital construction. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I will gladly accept being wrong if someone can prove otherwise.

On 2/16/2023 at 12:33 PM, poopslayer78 said:

The VAB looks like a cathedral with its big glass windows!  Can't wait to hear the audio.  Very pleasant setting to spend a lot of time in.

EHZB5zp.png

Also... WHAT?!? Do we actually get these beautiful dust clouds when landing?!?

xrERN01.png

i like how they hidden stuff in this video to see whos really looking.   like that rocked on the right hand side.  the doors open.  looks like the space greenhouse.   must be sending it to a space station.  

On 2/17/2023 at 6:19 AM, Minmus Taster said:

I meant you launch multiple craft into orbit and dock them to form a single craft.

This is what happens when we all use sloppy terminology for years. Technically, building a ship in orbit by launching 2 smaller ships from the surface and docking them is "orbital construction".  So is docking 2 smaller ships already in orbit. Building a ship in orbit from raw materials, whether mined from an asteroid or launched from a planetary surface by making the parts is "orbital manufacture". EL in KSP1 is orbital manufacture, and having that in KSP2 is definitely a ways off.

I meant you launch multiple craft into orbit and dock them to form a single craft.

This is what happens when we all use sloppy terminology for years. Technically, building a ship in orbit by launching 2 smaller ships from the surface and docking them is "orbital construction".  So is docking 2 smaller ships already in orbit. Building a ship in orbit from raw materials, whether mined from an asteroid or launched from a planetary surface by making the parts is "orbital manufacture". EL in KSP1 is orbital manufacture, and having that in KSP2 is definitely a ways off.