Orbit line disappearing

I'm not exactly sure what caused it, but after circularizing an orbit around Kerbin my trajectory line has vanished.

y1cKh8i.jpg

Has anyone found a workaround to get it to display again? I've tried closing and reopening the game and it's still not appearing.

I experienced a similar issue while launching a two-staged lander from mun (apollo-style).

When I went on the tracking station, the game said my ship was still landed (even though it was flying at several hundred meters per second).

This happened to my Mun lander after lifting off from the Mun. Going to the tracking station informed me it was landed, and going back to the ship did not fix it, but instead set its orbital velocity to 0, which prompted an emergency landing, a mission failure, and a stranded Bill due to lack of fuel.

This happened to me after landing on the Mun and I think I've fixed it by editing the save file. Here's what I did:

I made a fresh quicksave with F5 and exited the game without saving, and then deleted all of the quicksaves and autosaves except for the most recent quicksave. You will want to open "quicksave_xx.json" where it matches the time you made the quicksave. 

Find your vessel in the json file. It will be under AssemblyDefinition -> "assemblyName" and will have some number appended to it. My vessel "Albatross 2" had an assemblyName of "Albatross 2-10".

Scroll down

• Under "vesselstate",
    • I changed "PhysicsMode" from "AtRest" to "RigidBody"
    • I changed "Situation" from "Landed" to "Orbiting"
  • Under "location",
    • I changed "LocationType" from "SurfaceCoordinates" to "Orbit"

Now reload and open the vessel in the tracking center, and it should be "in orbit".

Disclaimer: editing savefiles is dangerous! Do this at your own risk!

Edited by JWag

On 2/26/2023 at 1:06 AM, JWag said:

This happened to me after landing on the Mun and I think I've fixed it by editing the save file. Here's what I did:

I made a fresh quicksave with F5 and exited the game without saving, and then deleted all of the quicksaves and autosaves except for the most recent quicksave. You will want to open "quicksave_xx.json" where it matches the time you made the quicksave. 

Find your vessel in the json file. It will be under AssemblyDefinition -> "assemblyName" and will have some number appended to it. My vessel "Albatross 2" had an assemblyName of "Albatross 2-10".

Scroll down

• Under "vesselstate",
  • Under "location",

Now reload and open the vessel in the tracking center, and it should be "in orbit".

This fixed.
Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 12:06 AM, JWag said:

Scroll down

• Under "vesselstate",
  • Under "location",

Absolute legend!

On 2/24/2023 at 7:17 PM, Sunlis said:

I'm not exactly sure what caused it, but after circularizing an orbit around Kerbin my trajectory line has vanished.

y1cKh8i.jpg

Has anyone found a workaround to get it to display again? I've tried closing and reopening the game and it's still not appearing.

That's a landed state. Stratzenblitz75 took weeks to figure out how to manipulate KSP 1's landed state, now it seems to happen on a whim. Avoiding coming into contact with water or separated stages once they detach seems to help, and generally seems to linger around scenarios involving docking and undocking.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This issue is happening to me constantly on the refueling station I've sent up several times now. I did go through and tried @JWag's recommendation to edit the save file. While I was able to change the state, my velocity stats on that vessel get absolutely zero'd out. WIthout knowing the vector, I can't populate the XYZ velocities in the file.

RiyZiGm.png

• 1 month later...

I'm getting this bug and can't fix it.  The fact that this STILL hasn't been fixed is insane.

For now, my game is completely unplayable.

Edited by Ryaja