[Bug] No Fuel and Kerbal Icon after save not loading

Xanatos

Hey guys,

seems like my save got corrupted after ~2 hours of playtime. I did load save a game before attempting a mun landing and as you can see there is no fuel in the craft anymore.

gQOezN2.jpg

Not sure what exactly caused this. I will try to provide the log and search for the save on my disc.

Logfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYBR57PhnV29TFTCokdSKSmN8I_LTQpk/view?usp=sharing

Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YlMgeTaxP_YWkv1lsEFG49sEW7jcV2gp/view?usp=share_link

Hope this report does help for improving the game.

I think there should be a "Report a bug" feature inside the game which will take a screenshot, collect the log and send the save with it. Each additional file select or unselectable via checkbox.

Anyone searching the savefile location just take a look at "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\Saves\SinglePlayer".

Edited by Xanatos
Corrected title, added savegame, added additional info

On 2/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, Xanatos said:

For anyone wondering like me why there is no Feedback button in the game. There is one in the launcher but super hard to see.

PsACP2q.png

Wow that's tiny. I thought it was a chat icon or something

Worth noting that the fuel does NOT disappear after reloading. It just isn't properly indicated. Once you begin a burn, the bar will refresh and show the proper fuel quantity. So it's simply a case of the value not being properly initialised when the vehicle is loaded.

16 minutes ago, WingC3 said:

Worth noting that the fuel does NOT disappear after reloading. It just isn't properly indicated. Once you begin a burn, the bar will refresh and show the proper fuel quantity. So it's simply a case of the value not being properly initialised when the vehicle is loaded.

I encounterd that multiple times just like you described but in this special situation the engines did not start they did make the enlight animation but did not turn on.

I never encountered the bug like this all other ecnounters where just like you described it.