Spin the Challenge Wheel - KSP2 Edition!

kspnerd122

12 hours ago, GalileOh-No said:

Mission complete!

Sorry for the link to the Imgur album but it would simply take way too long for me to manually upload all of those into a post here.  If there's a way to upload images in batches I'd appreciate the info!

@XYZ3211@Socraticat@highfly1000 for their work on Maneuver Node Controller and @ABritInSpacefor Transfer Window - this mission was heavily-reliant upon both for its success!

Postimages.org is what I use. It will give you an option to resize (you dont have to) and you can get direct embeds in batches.

I don't remember any Maneuver node controller work, but I thank you and hope you get a lot out of it.

Edited by Socraticat

4 hours ago, Socraticat said:

I don't remember any Maneuver node controller work, but I thank you and hope you get a lot out of it.

Ah, right you are and wrong I am!  I got my S-username-people wires crossed; it was actually @schlosrat who I meant to credit.  Sorry, I'm a new member with an old brain.  These things (will) happen (again).  I can't seem to pull your name off of the OP, so I hope you don't mind a little false credit :D

Looks Great, Amazing Submission

On 4/15/2023 at 2:15 AM, GalileOh-No said:

Mission complete!

Sorry for the link to the Imgur album but it would simply take way too long for me to manually upload all of those into a post here.  If there's a way to upload images in batches I'd appreciate the info!

A huge thanks to:

@XYZ3211@Socraticat@highfly1000  @schlosratfor their work on Maneuver Node Controller and @ABritInSpacefor Transfer Window - this mission was heavily-reliant upon both for its success!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 1:58 PM, kspnerd122 said:

Visit Bop while using the minimum mass you can

Mission complete! 

Launch mass = 22.69 t

I will spare everybody a cutesy story this time...  I was a bit surprised to find that when trying to optimize for mass, methalox rockets seemed to be the best option.  Hydrogen is right out and while I maybe could have saved a bit with ionic thrust, I did not have the desire for hours-long burns.  I'm sure there's also some mass to be saved by going through a series of gravity assists, though I'm not a big enough masochist to try until the SOI bug is addressed.  Even still with all of my non-optimized transfers I was able to get to Bop with 200 m/s to spare from an initial budget of ~7,400 m/s.  I would love for somebody to blow my numbers out of the water and show me how it's really done!

I did need to turn on infinite electricity for this one as the solar panels would get stuck in a "Blocked by Jool" state after passing around the dark side of the planet - optimizing for weight meant no RTG this time.

Pictures

Spoiler

N1PzQOA.jpg

0FqNovn.jpgzdCF7CA.jpgEH8mWKw.jpgqJFpD6I.jpgPBbvhfN.jpgggQuXv2.jpgQzESiRc.jpgiyBeX3o.jpgkQyzcrX.jpgKiXiwVl.jpg4Dgypzt.jpgNWzrBcR.jpgzdSo76B.jpg8v8QO9R.jpgjG5GxNj.jpgZqDfK9l.jpg7wZttmD.jpgouzuXWv.jpghySLuEm.jpgCSJwOU8.jpg

On 5/9/2023 at 9:20 PM, Diamonder said:

The parts mods I have installed are SORRY and Its Nervin Time. Normal difficulty.

Sorry it took so long, Get to Moho and deploy a rover and small commsat, no Ion Engines

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.