A list of insignificant and/or niche things that don't warrant their own topic, but should still be looked at for addition to the game.

Creating this topic so people as an alternative to people creating endless threads about small and specific changes we'd like to see.

I'll start off by adding a few requests of my own:
*  Option to snap Manouver node to AP/PE & AN/DN.
* Pause the game and lock control's when the esc menu is open.
* In the VAB, make the trash area slightly bigger or more obvious
* Add back the action menu's as the default for right clicking parts. You should keep the parts manager available as another option though, as I see it being useful for builds with lots of obstructed parts.
* Change location directory slashes in the top left from '\' to '/', similar to how websites work, or literally any other filesystem than windows.
* Move the Δv symbol closer to the value readout, or vice versa.
* Add sliding movement to VAB, like ksp 1's SPH. I don't always want to be orbiting a particular part.
* Smoother transition between zoom increments with mouse wheels
* Load workspace menu loads behind an open parts manager window, should take priority instead
* Have a separate button to launch via pad & runway, or make the fact i'm launching a plane from a pad more obvious before I click the big green button to roll out of the vab
* Right clicking away from the parts manager should close it, or make the close button more obvious
* Default Ares 2 plane looks... 'off' with it's front wheel unable to be raised.
* Default Ares 2 plane's intake gets destroyed too easily due to being too low to the ground and bouncing during rough landings / steep take off's
* In the parts manager, Highlight other parts that were linked to the selected part via symmetry. For example, if i want to open a set of solar panels, I want to know which panels will actually be effected by my action
* Add a road going from the ksc down to the docks, and perhaps a small building / hut or two. They look like they were added in last minute as they are right now.
* Perhaps another bridge or two over the moats
* Caps lock seems to only move the controls by a negligable amount, I prefer the ksp 1 system where it primarily smoothens out inputs.
* When reverting to the vab, the default launch location should remain the same as it was previously.
* Aircraft autopilot to hold a specific heading, attitude, & altitude, handy when at 4x speeds to prevent planes from nosediving constantly
* notification of quicksaves, the small sound isn't enough to prevent my urge to spam f5 to be sure
* In map view, a marker to show estimated landing area (compensated for planetary spin and/or atmospheric drag) would be useful
* Ability to create navball markers in map view with custom waypoints
* Where's my stunt parachutes gone?
* Infinite fuel should still work even if the fuel tank is empty

Some positive notes:

* Freaking awesome details with the terrain & geology, there's no chance in hell of getting that in ksp 1 with mods.
* Scatters are well executed in my opinion, While Parallax 2.0 does get very creative with their implementation, these definitely feel more grounded in reality, while providing better amounts of detail with a good variety in scattering densities.
* Loving the responsive physics that kerbals experience inside cockpits. If I land a bit too hard on the runway, I can actually see them being properly shaken around through the glass, it's amazingly fun to watch.(Sorry Tim)
* Overall attention to detail has been spectacular in many places
* Flying by a few mountains at near-sunset and watching clouds cast realistic shadows across the ocean is a beautiful sight to see.
* I could listen to this soundtrack all week and not get bored

Overall, I am absolutely blown away by this game and its potential, and after some further exploring, I can almost definitely see why the game has taken so long to develop. This is some groundbreaking stuff you have going on, it's just very unfortunate that most people will overlook all of this due to the state of the launch, though I hope that will subside once things are ironed out.

Edited by RedderThanMisty

1. Change body in VAB so I can see TWR of a lander on its body, for example the Mun for a Mun Lander.

2. Switching part reference vs vessel reference in VAB for rotate/translate

3. See orbit lines through SOI before entering them.

4. Grab entire vessel by holding shift or comparable keybind instead of ctrl+a and drag

5. Panning control in VAB or focus part, as well as being able to rotate when not on CoM.

6.  Decouple using docking ports

7. Option for old fairing building style

8. Fairings that snap onto parts above them- as the game is currently it's not possible to build a lunar lander "garage" like on the Saturn V.

1. Why no TWR on each stage in the VAB? I don't want to click a button to see that every time.

2. Vacuum exhaust. There's a thing called an Euler number, not the natural constant but the dimensionless parameter. I think it's off! Pressure dominates inertia in these engines. It's really subtle, but engines are like the left situation and I think they should be like the right situation:

DU0xlaN.png

Minor difference but it irks me! The curvature as the exhaust peels away and expands is good. I just don't think it should be so exaggerated.

2 hours ago, RedderThanMisty said:

* Add sliding movement to VAB, like ksp 1's SPH. I don't always want to be orbiting a particular part.

hold middle mouse and drag. It's awkward and shift scroll would be way better, but it does work. Someone else on here told me about it this afternoon :)

PS: Thanks to Skorj for telling me about it.

Edited by EngineeringWaffle

• My kingdom for a built-in transfer window planner. Gimme them porkchops

• Either disallow staging while time warping or give some kind of feedback that it happened. When time warping, hitting the space bar doesn't appear to do anything, but when going back to real-time, the next stage will immediately go. This has boned me a couple times when I've been time warping, tried to stage, thought it didn't work, hit the space bar again, realized I was time warping, slowed back to 1x speed, and I've now activated two stages

• Dunno if this is covered in the tutorials, but I would love detailed explanations of exactly what each camera view does. Usually, I just hit V and cycle through until I find one that doesn't make me vomit depending on whatever situation I'm in

Edited by whatsEJstandfor

2 hours ago, RedderThanMisty said:

* Change location directory slashes in the top left from '\' to '/', similar to how websites work, or literally any other filesystem than windows.

I really second this. Of all the things I've seen in KSP2 footage, this has somehow been one of the things that bugged me the most.

5 hours ago, RedderThanMisty said:

* Add back the action menu's as the default for right clicking parts. You should keep the parts manager available as another option though, as I see it being useful for builds with lots of obstructed parts.

I don't agree with this. There's no point in having action menus anymore because all parallel actions (like fuel transfer) and information (how much fuel a tank has) have been moved to their dedicated apps. Having a list of all parts on the craft is always very useful. Parts Manager should be improved, not replaced. It's also a great feature for console players.

* Right clicking away from the parts manager should close it, or make the close button more obvious

Not right clicking. Middle clicking or tilde key '~' should close it. I want it to remain open when I'm moving the camera around.

* Aircraft autopilot to hold a specific heading, attitude, & altitude, handy when at 4x speeds to prevent planes from nosediving constantly

Just use ALT + (WSADQE) to adjust trim. And you can also lock SAS to any direction you want. No autopilot needed.

Edited by Vl3d

9 hours ago, EngineeringWaffle said:

hold middle mouse and drag. It's awkward and shift scroll would be way better, but it does work. Someone else on here told me about it this afternoon :)

PS: Thanks to Skorj for telling me about it.

That is just for moving Up/down, the space plane hangar in ksp 1 allowed for full horizontal control aswell.

8 hours ago, Vl3d said:

I don't agree with this. There's no point in having action menus anymore because all parallel actions (like fuel transfer) and information (how much fuel a tank has) have been moved to their dedicated apps. Having a list of all parts on the craft is always very useful. Parts Manager should be improved, not replaced. It's also a great feature for console players.

You can no longer view a specific tank's fuel though, which is an issue.

11 hours ago, Vl3d said:

If they want to keep it, they need to make it like a 100x more usable. Because when you have a list of 20 fuel tanks in alphabetical order, each with an accordion header so big that you can only fit 5 on the screen at once, and you have to constantly scroll around to different ones... it is a nightmare. The old system might not be the gold standard, but at least you could pick what you wanted to clutter your screen with and how to lay it out.

My own short list
1: add more stock ship (like in the gameplay trailer: https://youtu.be/4MYQjq1y41A?t=53 
2: Kind of missed the Space Plane Hangar (( or other more "airplane" related buildings))
3: Have the part manager inspired by the PartCommander mod (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/150122-112x-part-commander-continued/
 3A: Filtering option
 3B: Searching option
4: Have I miss the airbrake ?

(Modded): A way to filter modded pieces from stock pieces rather that by function

Edit: The trim indicator should be bigger/wider
Edit2: A launchpad in space. Boats are cool, but directly in space would be cool. No need of a space shipyard, just spawn in orbit

Edited by CJagd

7 hours ago, EngineeringWaffle said:

If they want to keep it, they need to make it like a 100x more usable. Because when you have a list of 20 fuel tanks in alphabetical order, each with an accordion header so big that you can only fit 5 on the screen at once, and you have to constantly scroll around to different ones... it is a nightmare. The old system might not be the gold standard, but at least you could pick what you wanted to clutter your screen with and how to lay it out.

It's an easy fix if they add stage and parts categories icons to the left of the list for easy navigation. So you can view the stage you're interested in and filter for the type of part you're looking for.

this thing is basically half margin, could be compacted a lot

parts-menu.png                       vs                    TGQQGvC.png

___

And perhaps if we could pop out individual parts as windows, for stuff like SSTOs where you want just the part window for one of your engines, and a part window for each fuel tank priority so you can manage fuel drain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.