[SPOILERS] Purple-Yellow-Red lights seen while flying

Vl3d

So before launch there were these light artifacts in the videos.

Spoiler

KSP2-Anomaly-1.png

KSP2-Anomaly-1-2.png

KSP2-Anomaly-2.png

KSP2-Anomaly-3.png

I've gone flying in that direction and in other places and I can confirm that I have seen these lights also on the Runway Island and in the Desert. Also, sometimes when I fly over the place where the lights appeared / blinked, I sometimes hear a deep SWOOSH sound.

But, I have not yet found any anomalies that are linked to the lights. So I am not sure if they are a regular game video rendering bug or something more.

Edited by Vl3d

2 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

Hide contents

KSP2-Anomaly-1.png

KSP2-Anomaly-1-2.png

KSP2-Anomaly-2.png

KSP2-Anomaly-3.png

I've gone flying in that direction and in other places and I can confirm that I have seen these lights also on the Runway Island and in the Desert. Also, sometimes when I fly over the place where the lights appeared / blinked, I sometimes hear a deep SWOOSH sound.

But, I have not yet found any anomalies that are linked to the lights. So I am not sure if they are a regular game video rendering bug or something more.

The sad part is, there are so many bugs that   it is almost more likely to be a bug than something worth a theory :(

On 2/26/2023 at 8:35 AM, Stoup said:

I've seen it a few times in flight too, but I didn't see anything in that direction. I'm leaning more towards it being some kind of rendering bug, until anything comes around that might point to otherwise :P

It’s very much a rendering bug, I believe known as ‘fireflies.’ It’s just a single infinitely bright pixel of any color occasionally appearing onscreen. The post processing sees it and decides to apply a crazy amount of bloom, causing those bright flashes. There’s a simple fix for this, and I’m sure the developers will fix this, though it’s likely not a priority. I’ve encountered this bug in KSP1 actually, with the TUFX post-processing mod.

I am still willing to believe these could be actual UFOs.  Something like the Brown Mountain Lights or Marpa lights or Naga Lights or probably several others.  The lights are definitely multi colored and much larger than a single pixel.  They zip by the first mountain in the north of the space center and the mountain that the island runway is on.  They also move back and forth.  But if there is something causing a crack in the terrain the very much more colorful skybox in this game could be leaking through.  So it could go either way.  I like to think someone is observing the progress at the space center as the Kerbals get closer and closer to being a spacefaring civilization.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:48 AM, Vl3d said:

Hide contents

KSP2-Anomaly-1.png

KSP2-Anomaly-1-2.png

KSP2-Anomaly-2.png

KSP2-Anomaly-3.png

They're artifacts.

I've gone looking, too just to be sure... but the reality is they look exactly like rendering errors.

9 minutes ago, Jason_25 said:

I am still willing to believe these could be actual UFOs.  Something like the Brown Mountain Lights or Marpa lights or Naga Lights or probably several others.  The lights are definitely multi colored and much larger than a single pixel.  They zip by the first mountain in the north of the space center and the mountain that the island runway is on.  They also move back and forth.  But if there is something causing a crack in the terrain the very much more colorful skybox in this game could be leaking through.  So it could go either way.  I like to think someone is observing the progress at the space center as the Kerbals get closer and closer to being a spacefaring civilization.

Wouldn't that be something lol.  I would enjoy seeing how that would play out.

I've seen strange color anomalies while zooming out from the flag at KSC, like color or lighting has issues when scaling or something along those lines.

I've chased those lights in the desert and mountains as well, but no results. They can outrun mach 4 lol.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.