Maneuver Node Controller [0.8.0]

XYZ3211

Maneuver Node Controller [0.8.0] by XYZ3211
Provides an interface to finely tune maneuver nodes and restores missing maneuver node features from Kerbal Space Program 1. Make fine tuned adjustments to your maneuver nodes even if they are off screen!

mncImage.png

Releases (CC BY-SA 4.0):

Installation Instructions:

1.  Install BepInEx mod loader with Space Warp 1.0.1 or later and run the game, then close it. The combo BepInEx with SpaceWarp can be found here: Spacedock URL
  2.  Copy the `BepInEx` folder from this mod's ZIP file to your KSP root directory. For those who've installed via Steam this may be found at `SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\`. The final path will look like: `Kerbal Space Program 2\BepInEx\plugins\maneuver_node_controller`.

License:
Maneuver Node Controller and its originally authored code is distributed under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
Some dependencies, including MechJebLib, are dual licensed under the GNU General Public License, Version2 and MIT License. Consult the top level comment of these files for more information.

Attribution:
GUI code and ".csproj" file based off Lazy Orbit by https://github.com/Halbann (CC BY-SA 4.0)
Extensive refactor and new v0.8.0 features contributed by https://github.com/schlosrat and https://github.com/highfly1000.

Source Code (CC BY-SA 4.0, GPL2, MIT): https://github.com/XYZ3211/ManeuverNodeController

Edited by XYZ3211
Update to 0.8.0

Can someone please explain to me in detail how to get this to load?

I installed the BepInEx + SpaceWarp plugin and I see it in the mods list from the game start menu. But I cannot get any other mod to work. I have placed the folders in  various places and none of them work. I can't access any of the mods in game. I installed the game using Steam and launch it from there, if that matters. I am out of ideas here. And once I do get them to load, I am assuming they are accessed through the app bar? Yes? Nothing beyond vanilla game options there so far. What am I missing?

Please help, because this mod and a couple others will make things a lot easier to play this game (all functionality that should be IN GAME, but that is beside the point).

Places I have tried dropping mod folders, with zero success:

In the KSP2 Root folder directly
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins\SpaceWarp\mods
[KSP2 Root]\SpaceWarp\mods

26 minutes ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

Can someone please explain to me in detail how to get this to load?

I installed the BepInEx + SpaceWarp plugin and I see it in the mods list from the game start menu. But I cannot get any other mod to work. I have placed the folders in  various places and none of them work. I can't access any of the mods in game. I installed the game using Steam and launch it from there, if that matters. I am out of ideas here. And once I do get them to load, I am assuming they are accessed through the app bar? Yes? Nothing beyond vanilla game options there so far. What am I missing?

Please help, because this mod and a couple others will make things a lot easier to play this game (all functionality that should be IN GAME, but that is beside the point).

Places I have tried dropping mod folders, with zero success:

In the KSP2 Root folder directly
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins
[KSP2 Root]\BepInEx\plugins\SpaceWarp\mods
[KSP2 Root]\SpaceWarp\mods

Most mods haven't been updated for SpaceWarp 0.4 yet, is that the version you downloaded? If so, you might want to wait for a bit and use 0.3 in the meantime

3 hours ago, munix said:

Most mods haven't been updated for SpaceWarp 0.4 yet, is that the version you downloaded? If so, you might want to wait for a bit and use 0.3 in the meantime

Yes it is. But more to my question, which location is the right location to put them in?

1 hour ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

Yes it is. But more to my question, which location is the right location to put them in?

Going forward all mods, whether BepInEx only or SpaceWarp need to be put into <KSP2 root>/BepInEx/plugins

On 3/4/2023 at 12:56 AM, theJesuit said:

Feature request please.

Being able to assign (bind) keys to increase/decrease values.  

Also, an autocircularise button.

Thanks for bringing this through to KSP2!

Good ideas, I'll see if these can be included in a future update! Looking into "quick maneuvers" that will be placed at AP/PE/DN/AN for common operations.

22 hours ago, SydKhaos said:

There any way possible to add scaling function to UI. I play in 4k 16:9 and mod is just about unusable due to UI being so small (and my old eyes).

Check out the new update on Space Dock or Github and let me know if that fixed your issue.

17 hours ago, EvelynThe Dragon said:

Maneuver Node Controller was just updated for Space Warp 0.4.0, see if the new version works on your install.

Gotta say this mod is invaluable.

Feature request that may or may not be possible:  a button to auto-plpt a trajectory to a target planet's SOI.  Like, if I have an intercept (noted with the I markers), it takes a lot of fiddling around to get an actual encounter with an SOI change.  Having a button to auto-plot this would be keen.

Thanks for providing this mod,

In KSP1 I heavily used the maneuver node editor provided via MechJeb and missed this feature from the first minute I played KSP 2.

I took the liberty to make a small extension to your code adding the possibility to set absolute values for the three burn directions:  

223952120-98539137-fe4b-4476-894e-474a3c

Let me know if you are interested in the extended code.

8 hours ago, highfly1000 said:

Thanks for providing this mod,

In KSP1 I heavily used the maneuver node editor provided via MechJeb and missed this feature from the first minute I played KSP 2.

I took the liberty to make a small extension to your code adding the possibility to set absolute values for the three burn directions:  

223952120-98539137-fe4b-4476-894e-474a3c

Let me know if you are interested in the extended code.

I don't know if @XYZ3211 is interested in the extended code, but I certainly am.  I would LOVE to have this version of MNC available.

One small, slight, just...tiny correction here.  You misspelled Absolute about 1/3 of the way down on the shot.

4 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I don't know if @XYZ3211 is interested in the extended code, but I certainly am.  I would LOVE to have this version of MNC available.

One small, slight, just...tiny correction here.  You misspelled Absolute about 1/3 of the way down on the shot.

Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake. It's fixed by now.

Today I implemented another small extension allowing snapping to Apoapsis or Periapsis

224153554-44928cad-866b-484e-bd5c-83e1b2

I'm thinking of temporary forking it off in my own repo till @XYZ3211 is interested and has integrated it in his main branch and distribution channel via spacedock.
I'll keep you updated.

5 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Maybe he's a huge fan of the vodka brand? :D Seconding your comment - I would also love to have the additional options. Nicely done, as is the base MNC.

7 hours ago, highfly1000 said:

Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistake. It's fixed by now.

Today I implemented another small extension allowing snapping to Apoapsis or Periapsis

224153554-44928cad-866b-484e-bd5c-83e1b2

I'm thinking of temporary forking it off in my own repo till @XYZ3211 is interested and has integrated it in his main branch and distribution channel via spacedock.
I'll keep you updated.

Is this available on spacedock?

On 3/5/2023 at 5:31 PM, munix said:

Going forward all mods, whether BepInEx only or SpaceWarp need to be put into <KSP2 root>/BepInEx/plugins

Thank you.

OK, I had a super busy week at work so didn't get back to this until today. I have successfully installed this and a few other mods. This makes me happy, so much easier than pulling those stupid, finicky arrows. KSP2 developers, if you are listening/reading, this must be native functionality in the game.

Now if I can just figure out why my lander stage fuel is being burned by my booster stage... it's driving me crazy.

Edited by EvelynThe Dragon

On 3/9/2023 at 8:03 AM, Scarecrow71 said:

I mean, if you like vodka, Absolut isn't bad.

5 hours ago, Strykker2 said:

@alohl669 I have used it on version 0.1.1.0 with both spacewarp 0.4 and the latest spacewarp.

Both worked fine.

Also @highfly1000 @XYZ3211 I made a pull request on both your forks to add the ability to cycle through multiple maneuvers, since that was a useful feature in KSP1.

I totally agree. If you like you can provide me the code part and I'll make the New version available for everybody.