Maneuver Node Controller [0.8.0]

XYZ3211

Suggestion: In the "Post Node Event Lookahead," make everything (or at least CelestialBodies) clickable to set focus on them.

So clicking "Mun" would focus on the Mun. Clicking "SOI Entry" right after it would focus on that (if that's possible?). Clicking "Flyby Pe" would focus on the Pe. Etc.

Edited by Superfluous J

Another suggestion: Also show the effective time at which the manuever happens, not just the time until it. Useful for usage with the transfer window planner which tells you at which time you have a good transfer window. Right now you constantly gotta do the math in your head which gets kinda annoying.

On 4/12/2023 at 9:28 PM, Soda Popinski said:

I'm not sure if it's something specific to this mod, but I only see it when using it, since it's the only way I know how to set maneuver nodes over an orbit later.  If I setup an rendezvous with another craft in orbit multiple orbits away, whenever the craft completes an orbit, the intercept gets shifted.  I noticed sometimes, if I use the mod to minus an orbit or two, it lines back up to where it was.

So this is still happening for me.  It also happens with planetary intercepts.

Just a petition, if possible. It would be nice if we could set the maneuver to a specific time (absolute or in x time) instead of having to go increasing it. It can be very useful when calculating the transfer windows externally or preparing gravity assist manouvers. Also, it would be nice to be able to interchange between "Manuever in x time" to "Manuever on Y1, d234, 4:56:08".

so, like a lot of us (probably), I've been putting in a lot of time with the science update. I have a couple of suggestions and one auto-hide minor issue (I'm the guy who originally asked for auto-hide):

1. there are some situations where the MNC window still auto-hides at the tail end of a burn before I'm finished with it (usually in the last 1m/s of the burn when I'm using low thrust to fine-tune). I would personally prefer for the auto-hide to only happen when the maneuver node itself is deleted. Especially since I've really, really liked the pre- and post- maneuver orbital stats and SOI change info. They've really grown on me in a big way (I originally thought they were somewhat unnecessary)
  2. I don't know if this is something others would agree with, but would you be opposed to giving order of magnitude step change buttons, kind of like how the Precise Maneuver mod from KSP1 had it? Something like having a button to decrease the order of magnitude by 1 (i.e. it makes the step increment change from, say, 80 to 8 to 0.8 to 0.08) and a second button for increasing the order of magnitude by 1 (so 0.8 to 8 to 80). That kind of thing would make it more convenient (IMO) to quickly change scale for fine-tuning, without having to manually type in numbers every time
  3. I would love the ability to click and hold on a prograde/normal/radial increment and have it keep incrementing without needing to click a million times, would be really helpful
  4. just saw the suggestion above to make SOI change bodies clickable to focus on that body, and yeah, that's an awesome idea, totally agreed
Edited by adaniel87
grammar & adding another suggestion

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 10:43 PM, jacksawild said:

Do you have the dependencies installed?

I think it needs:

• UITK for KSP2
  • BepInEx
  • SpaceWarp
  • Node Manager

It's easiest to use ckan, force version 1.1.1 to install then replace the contents of Node Manager with munix's fork given above.

hello there,

it seems my CKAN does not want to see this update I'm still in 1.1.0 I'm in Europe, France to be more precise. I tryied many time to refresh the mod list but with no result.

I have :
* UITK for KSP2 2.4.1
* BepInEx  1.7.0
* SpaceWarp 1.7.0
* NodeManager 0.7.1

Other mod I that I have installed in case

* Alarm Clock => 1.2.1
* Commlines => 1.0.2
* Custom Flags => 3.1.2
* Dark Mode for KSP2 => v0.2.0.0
* Flight Plan => 0.9.0
* K2-D2 => v0.12.1
* Lazy Orbit Boosted => 0.6.0
* Micro Engineer => 1.7.1

So my question is how to force CKAN to install the latest version if it's not deplaying ?
Oh and I have CKAN 1.33.2 it seems like there is a new version 1.34.4 but CKAN did not update either... 
Yet all is not broken I could install and update other mods while waiting for CKAN to show me the new version of this mod :) 
But it's almost 1 month now :(

[Edit]

It was the auto-update at launch that was broken on my CKAN and I just found back (or remember from a long long time ago when I was checking all options (and playing KSP [1]) where was the manual check for update
now I can install many updated mod :) 
and this one is on the new update available list :) so well sorry for the "noise" ;) 

Edited by BrettDah

Feature request:

I know there are already a lot of buttons, but can we get a 10x and a 0.1x button to quickly modify both the precise and the course correction dv's?

In more detail:

When searching for an intercept, the default 5 and 25 dv amounts are fine, but when hunting for the perfect periapsis to capture having 0.05 and 0.25 works really well. With just two more buttons we can quickly switch between the two cases by just multiplying both by 0.1x two times and then by 10x two times to go back.

BTW, I'm totally addicted to this mod, can't imagine going back to dragging the gadget controls.

15 hours ago, Sade said:

Feature request:

I know there are already a lot of buttons, but can we get a 10x and a 0.1x button to quickly modify both the precise and the course correction dv's?

I really like the suggestion for 10x/0.1x buttons to more quickly change the increment. I'll see if I can squeeze them in there.

On 1/10/2024 at 12:07 AM, adaniel87 said:

so, like a lot of us (probably), I've been putting in a lot of time with the science update. I have a couple of suggestions and one auto-hide minor issue (I'm the guy who originally asked for auto-hide):

1. there are some situations where the MNC window still auto-hides at the tail end of a burn before I'm finished with it (usually in the last 1m/s of the burn when I'm using low thrust to fine-tune). I would personally prefer for the auto-hide to only happen when the maneuver node itself is deleted. Especially since I've really, really liked the pre- and post- maneuver orbital stats and SOI change info. They've really grown on me in a big way (I originally thought they were somewhat unnecessary)
  2. I don't know if this is something others would agree with, but would you be opposed to giving order of magnitude step change buttons, kind of like how the Precise Maneuver mod from KSP1 had it? Something like having a button to decrease the order of magnitude by 1 (i.e. it makes the step increment change from, say, 80 to 8 to 0.8 to 0.08) and a second button for increasing the order of magnitude by 1 (so 0.8 to 8 to 80). That kind of thing would make it more convenient (IMO) to quickly change scale for fine-tuning, without having to manually type in numbers every time
  3. I would love the ability to click and hold on a prograde/normal/radial increment and have it keep incrementing without needing to click a million times, would be really helpful
  4. just saw the suggestion above to make SOI change bodies clickable to focus on that body, and yeah, that's an awesome idea, totally agreed

I will have to look into (1). I've not observed it doing that, but we may have different settings and I don't want the UI to auot-hide before it should.

I'll be happy to implement (2) if I can sort out where to squeeze the buttons in - as noted above, I think this is a great idea.

I'll look into (3) as well, I'm not sure how easy it will be, but I understand what you're asking for and agree that would be nice.

I'm not sure if or how (4) can be done. It's not like this is a web page and text can be hyperlinks. If this is possible, I frankly have no idea how to do it.

On 12/29/2023 at 5:01 PM, SpaceNavy said:

Suggestion: Allow us to enter and change dV and time values manually rather than only changing the absolute and step values.

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but I think this is exactly what Abs is doing. You give it a delta V you want to use and press Abs, then that's the delta V you're going to get in that axis. Is this not what you're asking for?

On 12/29/2023 at 6:45 PM, Ghosty141 said:

Another suggestion: Also show the effective time at which the manuever happens, not just the time until it. Useful for usage with the transfer window planner which tells you at which time you have a good transfer window. Right now you constantly gotta do the math in your head which gets kinda annoying.

The UI is already very busy, so I'm not sure where I could squeeze this in. I'll look, but this seems unlikely. Maybe as a toggleable setting to switch between them?

On 1/5/2024 at 2:39 PM, Soda Popinski said:

So this is still happening for me.  It also happens with planetary intercepts.

I've not noticed this, but I'll look for it and see if I can reproduce it.

Probably just some kind of conflict, but ever since updated Kerbal Life Hacks - and them adding "warp to Ap" and "warp to Pe" - I cannot get this mod to work anymore. the entire interface doesn't open when I try to click it. This is new as of updating this morning. 

If there is something I can get you to help replicate, please let me know.

@charliepryor  Which version of Kerbal Life Hacks are you running? I've got 1.2.0, which was released on 1/22 and is the most recent version I see on CKAN. That said, I also see on SpaceDock there's 1.2.1 which was released on 1/24 (only one day in the future - not sure how that's possible). MNC is working fine for me with KLH 1.2.0 (plus a lot of other mods).

According to the change log on SpaceDock the addition of "buttons to warp to apoapsis, periapsis and SOI change" was part of KLH 1.2.0, and 1.2.1 just adds simplified Chinese localization and a bug fix for IVA Portraits Toggler. I'll try updating to 1.2.1 in case that breaks something, but I'm not seeing a conflict with KLH 1.2.0.

If I'm unable to reproduce this problem then it would help if you could supply the log files from a game where you attempt to open MNC and it doesn't open. There are two log files: KSP2.log is found in the base folder for your game install, and LogOutput.Log in the BepInEx folder inside your game install.

Edited by schlosrat

2 minutes ago, schlosrat said:

That said, I also see on SpaceDock there's 1.2.1 which was released on 1/24 (only one day in the future - not sure how that's possible).

It's this really annoying thing called time zones, it's 2am here and I just released it half an hour ago :D (plus, I think SpaceDock and CKAN use UTC, which is just 1 hour behind me)

2 hours ago, charliepryor said:

Probably just some kind of conflict, but ever since updated Kerbal Life Hacks - and them adding "warp to Ap" and "warp to Pe" - I cannot get this mod to work anymore. the entire interface doesn't open when I try to click it. This is new as of updating this morning. 

If there is something I can get you to help replicate, please let me know.

FYI, I was unable to reproduce this with KLH 1.2.1 either.

6 minutes ago, munix said:

It's this really annoying thing called time zones, it's 2am here and I just released it half an hour ago :D (plus, I think SpaceDock and CKAN use UTC, which is just 1 hour behind me)

And here I thought you were holding out with a secret Tardis! Damn... This really disappoints me... 

10 hours ago, cpercival said:

I'm looking for a way to be able to create and adjust maneuver nodes when the game is paused. Does this mod allow you to do that?

Yes it does. I've used it that way many times myself.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:59 PM, schlosrat said:

I will have to look into (1). I've not observed it doing that, but we may have different settings and I don't want the UI to auot-hide before it should.

I have clips of it happening a couple of times that I can share, if you think it would help.

10 hours ago, adaniel87 said:

I have clips of it happening a couple of times that I can share, if you think it would help.

Yes, please do share. You can post them here on this thread - or if you lie you can post them here (the KSP2 Modding Society discord channel for MNC).

On 1/25/2024 at 9:26 PM, schlosrat said:

Yes, please do share. You can post them here on this thread - or if you lie you can post them here (the KSP2 Modding Society discord channel for MNC).

Ok, I've made a video with 3 clips of it happening, have put it up unlisted on YouTube. I figured I'd include the entire maneuver setup for each of the 3 clips, so it's a 10-minute video, but there are timestamps for each of the bugs. If it matters, I have all 4 of the settings options for MNC set to Yes (in the main game's Settings > Mods).

Here's the video

Update to MNC 1.1.2

* Added increment (↑) / decrement (↓) buttons to the right of the text input fields for Absolute Delta V, Small Step Delta V, Large Step Delta V, Small Time Step, and Large Time Step. These buttons increase and decrease the values in the test input fields by factors of ten to enable more rapid change of the step sizes when adjusting nodes.
* Updated progect dependency for Node Manager 0.7.1, SpaceWarp 1.8.1, and UITK 4 KSP 2.4.2
* Corrected minor text alignment issue for the Ap displayed as part of the Next Orbit block

https://spacedock.info/mod/3270/Maneuver Node Controller

https://github.com/schlosrat/ManeuverNodeController/releases/tag/1.1.2

3 hours ago, adaniel87 said:

Ok, I've made a video with 3 clips of it happening, have put it up unlisted on YouTube. I figured I'd include the entire maneuver setup for each of the 3 clips, so it's a 10-minute video, but there are timestamps for each of the bugs. If it matters, I have all 4 of the settings options for MNC set to Yes (in the main game's Settings > Mods).

Here's the video

This is helpful. Your video clearly shows MNC performing an AutoClose while there is still a node present. It so happens that in every control branch where AutoClose activates there is logging to indicate which branch is triggering and why it's triggering. If you look at a log file from a game session where this has happened what I expect to see is a message like "Node[0].Time + Node[0].BurnDuration + 10 <= UT". Essentially, with AutoClose turned on, MNC will close its window when you're 10 seconds past the end of the burn time. That works great if you're executing nodes with K2D2, but with your manual technique of full throttle until close, then switch to ~5% and creep up on the orbit you want, you're just taking longer than MNC expects you to.

One possible fix here would be to parameterize the slack at the end and let you choose how long you want MNC to persist. Or, you could just switch off AutoClose and then it won't close for you.

5 hours ago, adaniel87 said:

Here's the video

With further testing, I believe it's possible the message you'll find in your log could be "Automatically closing Maneuver Node Controller due to autoClose == true and nodeCount == 0". What I've found in KSP2 0.2.0 is that if there's only one node, and you get past it by a bit, the game will report that there are no nodes and this can trigger.  MNC gets the count of nodes from Node Manager, which in turn gets it from the game like this

public int RefreshManeuverNodes()
        {
            RefreshActiveVesselAndCurrentManeuver();
            ManeuverPlanComponent maneuverPlanComponent = activeVessel?.SimulationObject?.FindComponent<ManeuverPlanComponent>();
            if (maneuverPlanComponent != null)
            {
                Nodes = maneuverPlanComponent.GetNodes();
            }

return Nodes.Count;
        }

I've observed MNC autoclosing due to this even when the node gizmo is still on the trajectory, but it's a little way in the past. I've not timed it, but it's not triggering the instant you're past the node, so I'm not sure what the criteria are. Given this, the "fix" I've attempted to put in place is not working. What I did was to make a user-configurable setting to let you set how long you'd like the window to persist, but that's not the branch of code I see bringing the UI down, so my fix may not help in your situation.

On the plus side, I believe I have gotten it to where, with Automatic Shutdown enabled, you can bring up the MNC UI even when there are no nodes yet. What it's doing for that is it forces the UI to be open until you've got a node (or you close it manually), and then after that, it behaves "normally". This isn't what I think you were looking for, but I think it is an improvement on the other end.

That said, I have gotten a button repeat capability I think you were looking for! I should be releasing that shortly.