I have 62 krakenous hours in KSP2

Sylvi Fisthaug

I am new to the forums, I think? Came into KSP1 pretty early, and played it on and off and modded it a bit, and installed uncompatible parts mods until it turned into a unstable, kerbally bliss. Never got into the graphics mods and Kerbalism, my laptop was hardly able to handle stock KSP1. 

Now I am giddying with pure joy of launching my 50 part vessel at 13 fps on my 3070ti, enjoying a new evolution of doing Kerbal stuff. Some frustration will always be connected to my craft blowing up on save load, or landing legs falling off or being shot off at several kilometres a second, perpindicular to my vessel. But meh, it is what is is, and every update will be like an adventure of it's own, and probably add more optimized graphics. 

I am so happy that the team, while developing the game through the projected roadmap, also have time for almost monthly updates with serious bug squashing in the midst of development. And the game looks absolutely amazing, where I am just looking in awe at the sun peeking through craters of the Mun in a munrise as my craft is slowly orbiting around it, with or without the landing legs attached. 

And I am so excited for what is to come. And I think maybe my experience will improve even more by trying to be a somewhat active member of this forum. All the theories on the monuments and the Kraken-squid-people are insane!

To Kerbal kind, and to all kerbonauts: fly safe. 

On 4/2/2023 at 10:20 AM, zemiel123 said:

kraken attacks. like the one called KSC Kraken Space Center?

and file corruptions...

and broken things...

where is the really dead Kraken that the community creators of KSP2 promised?

KSP2 - When the Kraken attacks ! - YouTube

i don't have KSP2 yet tough...

though

For me, the graphics makes it worth it. And if you pick up the game now, it will be discounted from the final version, you basically just buy it early. And the updates / patches makes my insides tingle a little more because the game is waiting for me at Steam every day after work. 

On 4/2/2023 at 8:45 AM, Nazalassa said:

Hi!

Hello! 

On 4/2/2023 at 1:20 AM, Vanamonde said:

Now do another 62 hours. 

Yes I need 69 hours to be content.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

Slight update, I now have 83 hours. Making my first Kerbal Space Station ever. 
Posting some quick screenshots here, will make a dedicated thread in the correct forum whenever. 

You know what? 
I cannot get the stupid embed thing to work and it's past bedtime, so no screenshots today. Starting a new thread some other day.

In other news, learned that @Vanamondeis a name and not a reference today:

On 4/14/2023 at 6:59 PM, Sylvi Fisthaug said:
On 4/13/2023 at 2:36 PM, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

VANAMONDE NO! 

I googled the referance, but I am not so much of a cultural person. :/

They are a community member, e.g. a real person (hopefully). 

Good night!

21 minutes ago, DerkyJerkyWreaksHavoc said:

Why not? you keep crashing the Kerbal X? or you crashing your computer?

I keep destroying the launchpad with my thirty-something engines and then flipping over :(

Spoiler
21 minutes ago, DerkyJerkyWreaksHavoc said:
  Hide contents

ok c'mon. that was a good one

Yes. Yes, it was, I will give you this one. Bonus points for scaring the excrements out of me for three seconds though. 

Edit: I love the profanity filter.

Edited by Sylvi Fisthaug
Accidental profanity