[1.0.0] (LOABE) Lux's OAB Extensions

LuxStice

Lux's OAB Extensions
QoL Changes to the OAB

[1.0.0] - Angle Snap hotkey and notifications

E7XSIug.png

Hotkeys:

Left Ctrl + X - Next custom symmetry mode
(after you enter the custom mode you can just press X)

Left Ctrl + Left Shift + X - Previous custom symmetry mode
(after you enter the custom mode you can just press X)

Left Ctrl + C - Next angle snap

Left Ctrl+ Left Shift + C - Previous angle snap

current features:

MORE SYMMETRIES! - regular symmetries now also include 10, 12, 16, 20, 24, 32 and 64! You can also set your symmetry from anywhere between Mirror to 512 in the OAB App Bar! Just check the override toggle!

Custom Labels! - both for part modders and players! Mk2 and Mk3 labels + custom labels to any modder who wants to add them! IE: SORRY Engines are XS+ and SM+

Angle snap! - control angle snap from 1 to 90º!

Precise control your assemblies! - Center them and control their position on all 3 axis! Or ground them!

============================================

Download at

Github - Latest release - Source code
Spacedock

Dependecies
SpaceWarp [1.3.0+] - Latest release

F.A.Q
How do I add new sizes? - Took some time to write this tutorial to guide you! Any question feel free to ask!
Im a modder, how do I configure my parts for LOABE? - This tutorial should guide! Any question feel free to ask!

LICENSE

Edited by LuxStice

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, MaeharaProjekt said:

Once we are done abusing symmetry, how do we hide the window after we go to the launchpad?

As of now you'd have to close it on the VAB before launching, but i'll change it so that i always closes when you exit the VAB!

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the mod and yet I have no window in the VAB or an icon in the app tray. Is it a personal glitch or a mod glitch and do you know what the cause is?

KSP2 Version 0.1.2.0
Modloader: Space Warp + BepInEx
I also have twenty-one mods installed so one might interfere with this mod.

16 hours ago, Diamonder said:

I installed the mod and yet I have no window in the VAB or an icon in the app tray. Is it a personal glitch or a mod glitch and do you know what the cause is?

KSP2 Version 0.1.2.0
Modloader: Space Warp + BepInEx
I also have twenty-one mods installed so one might interfere with this mod.

probably a personal glitch as no one else seems to be having that problem, could you send me your BepInEx logOutput and your KSP2.log via dm?

2 hours ago, Diamonder said:

I can get you the information yet I do not know how to get the information. I will send the information as soon as possible.

LogOutput is in KSP2/BepInEx/LogOutput.log and KSP2 is in KSP2 root folder/KSP2.log

Now with more controls!!
Changelog
* Added Angle Snap controls
* Added precise position controls
* Added "Send assembly to ground" option
* Fixed symmetry problems with 3,5 and 7x symmetry
* Fixed UI not closing when exiting OAB
* Added Horizontal and Vertical centering
* Added possibility for other modder to change/add sizes
* Added option to turn off Sparks VFX on part placement

iN9uc6N.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2023 at 12:51 PM, Cable Guy said:

When I had this installed I wasn't able to use mirror symmetry... wondering now if it was as simple as unchecking the "Overide default symmetry"...?

it was bugged in a earlier version, does it still happen? Also no, the bug was a bit deeper than that, i've been on a hiatus and im only now getting back to it, so trying to get to business but i that bug is already fixed, if not on the release version, in my own dev version

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

1.0.0 Changelog

Angle Snap
Added a hotkey (Left Ctrl or Left Ctrl+Shift) to cycle through snap modes. >Free>1º>5º>10º>15º(default)>20º>30º>45º>90º>
Added a notification to tell the player what angle snap he's currently on

Symmetry Modes
Added a notification to tell the player what symmetry mode he's currently on

Fixes
Fixed symmetry modes not working on KSP2 0.1.4
Fixed custom size labels not working on KSP2 0.1.4

• 3 months later...

Oh thanks for this, without it KSP is totally useless hardbound to 30 degrees.,as if the devs never actually played the game.

Just got a small question is it possible to not round the degrees to full ingeter but to single digit after the dot; like half of 45 to get stuff on the coverns of the octo.

EDIT: additional the snaps seem to not work at all.

Edited by Alewx

• 1 month later...

Bump. This carry-over was a must have for me (and I'm assuming a lot of people) in KSP. It stopped working a couple updates ago, I think 2.0 broke it but I'm not sure. I'd love for this to get updated. I'm assuming it's not abandoned since you just updated the plume mod, I'm hoping you can get a version of this up for 2.1 (and I'm sure I'm not alone)?

36 minutes ago, shoe7ess said:

Bump. This carry-over was a must have for me (and I'm assuming a lot of people) in KSP. It stopped working a couple updates ago, I think 2.0 broke it but I'm not sure. I'd love for this to get updated. I'm assuming it's not abandoned since you just updated the plume mod, I'm hoping you can get a version of this up for 2.1 (and I'm sure I'm not alone)?

Actually, I took over maintenance of LFO, so that's why it's still getting updated. However, that's the only mod by Lux that I have access to (at least on SpaceDock) to be able to update it. That said, I've had a lot of ideas for some VAB improvements and might just make them a separate mod, and also include some of the features from this.