The True KSP2 Early Access Challenge

Launch into Kerbin orbit, Fly and land on Duna's surface, return and land 10 kerbals safely on Kerbin's surface...

Without encountering a single bug. Any bug or glitch qualifies as an immediate faliure and the challenge must be restarted.

Should be easy, am i right? its not like im asking you to land on a big body... like Jool

proof would be good on a video to ensure there's no cheaty exploitation either. no infinite fuel or strength. just stock KSP2

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

On 4/7/2023 at 8:40 AM, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Without encountering a single bug. Any bug or glitch qualifies as an immediate faliure and the challenge must be restarted.

The challenge, due to this line, is currently unmanageable for anyone.  All players immediately are disqualified.  Why?  The trajectory planning bug.  You can't plan a return trip to Kerbin because the maneuver node to leave Duna will show you burning outwards and away from Kerbin if you burn retrograde to Duna (which is what you have to do), and it will show you burning inwards towards Kerbin if you burn prograde to Duna (which is incorrect).  Everybody loses due to this bug alone as everyone will get this.

Edited by Scarecrow71

Does it show the incorrect trajectory when doing the burn, or only when planning the maneuver? I once did an IVA only mission to Duna and back from the stock cockpit, without using any maneuver nodes. Not sure if that would work in KSP2 though as I don't yet have it.

34 minutes ago, QF9E said:

Does it show the incorrect trajectory when doing the burn, or only when planning the maneuver? I once did an IVA only mission to Duna and back from the stock cockpit, without using any maneuver nodes. Not sure if that would work in KSP2 though as I don't yet have it.

For me, it's both! Both maneuver and post-burn trajectories agree. Problem is, they're wrong! Orbital information changes after you switch SOI. I *believe* generally, but absolutely when switching to a solar orbit. Try it yourself - take a screenshot of your calculated orbit before and after leaving, for example, Duna to Kerbin as Scarecrow described above.

For now, I have dusted off my old KSP Planetary Transfer Reference poster and simply have faith my transfers will be good once they update!

Spoiler

1QpjmfD.png

Edited by GalileOh-No
Added my cool poster

I feel like this is a good litmus test for game stability.

It would be interesting to see who could pull it off first, and subsequently which distributions people are able to get through it at. 

At present I've moved on to Jool for a while to play with jets on Laythe, but am practicing my returns and I may just have a go at this one later. I've got a pretty sweet "DunaBirb" Shuttle to escape Duna, but I need to fashion an Interstellar return vehicle. I'm testing one design on my current Laythe mission.

Last time I left another planet was before the last patch, and I still had no trajectory line after EVA on planet. We'll see how I fare later today.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.