Can this Set-up Run KSP2 Properly?

Im thinking about buying a Gaming PC worth about $2042 cause i don't feel like building one but im not sure if it can handle KSP2 or not. I looked at the specifications for KSP2 but im only smart for Aerospace stuff and Princess Daisy, not Computer tech. (sorry if i include some unnecessary info):

-CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-13600KF 3.5GHz

-GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6

-Motherboard: ASrock Z690 PHANTOM GAMING 4-ATX

-Memory: 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 Patriot Signature Line (16 GB total)

-OS Storage: 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 NVMe SSD

17 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

i don't feel like building one

looks very nice however I will say that you are very much overspending.
I very quickly threw together a rough list for you, and the total is not near $2000 at all.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NTmHPX

Whilst I have no doubt that this could run KSP2, I don't think its worth $2000 at all. Coming as someone who built their pc themselves, I obviously recommend building a pc yourself however its certainly a daunting task, and there are plenty of other prebuilt pcs with much better value than that. You don't need to spend $2000 either, a $1000 will run KSP 2 fine. So I'd urge you to watch a few beginner tutorials and give it some thought.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZNyTGL

(What I would spend $2000 on)
I know these are just numbers on a page because they were for me, but this build has the world's fastest CPU and the world's second fastest GPU, so you can see how bad value that prebuilt was.

1 minute ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Oh thanks bro! Your a lifesaver!

I just realized that none of the builds come with monitors... Lmao... (my $2000 build has a 27" monitor and a gaming mouse and keyboard).

Ok, that's good but not $1000 good lol
With your mouse and keyboard you can spend $30 to $300 if you wanted - its purely a matter of preference

As for a monitor its a similar story - do you know what resolution or refresh rate it is?

6 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Oh thanks bro! Your a lifesaver!

I just realized that none of the builds come with monitors... Lmao... (my $2000 build has a 27" monitor and a gaming mouse and keyboard).

don't worry about that particular warning about BIOS, it's an easy (free) fix irl
also don't just buy my list - I'm by no means an expert. Make sure you take the time to research and understand what you're paying for

28 minutes ago, emord-nillap said:

Ok, that's good but not $1000 good lol
With your mouse and keyboard you can spend $30 to $300 if you wanted - its purely a matter of preference

As for a monitor its a similar story - do you know what resolution or refresh rate it is?

Here's the stats (its actually 24" my bad): 

Manufacturer Asus
Manufacturer Part# VG248QE
Item Code MON-ASU-24VG24A
Display Type Full HD
Screen Size 24 inches
Touch Screen No
Input Ports 1x DVI-D,1x HDMI,1x DisplayPort
Brightness 350 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 80000000
Viewing Angle H 170 Degrees
Viewing Angle V 160 Degrees
Response Time 1 ms
Max/Native Resolution 1920 x 1080
Speakers Stereo
Color Black
Width 569.5 mm
Depth 230.9 mm
Height 499.9 mm
Curved No
Monitor Technology FreeSync

@emord-nillapWhat is the most important aspect of a gaming pc for better framerates and performance?

Also, is this a good graphics card?:  MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 12 GB Video Card

Here's the build: Choose Your Parts - PCPartPicker

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

12 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

@DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

Your link to the build is just a link to the tool you used to put the build together, and doesn't actually have a build in it.

wdym? It shows all the parts there that i need. i know i need tools to build it, obviously.

It can run it but the price is quite high for the parts you're getting.

5 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

wdym? It shows all the parts there that i need. i know i need tools to build it, obviously.

You didn't link your list, but the general link itself 

2 minutes ago, Tazooka said:

It can run it but the price is quite high for the parts you're getting.

You didn't link your list, but the general link itself 

oh lmao. there:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CxxQmr

How do the parts look?

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

21 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Im thinking about buying a Gaming PC worth about $2042 cause i don't feel like building one but im not sure if it can handle KSP2 or not. I looked at the specifications for KSP2 but im only smart for Aerospace stuff and Princess Daisy, not Computer tech. (sorry if i include some unnecessary info):

-CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-13600KF 3.5GHz

-GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6

-Motherboard: ASrock Z690 PHANTOM GAMING 4-ATX

-Memory: 2x 8GB DDR4-3200 Patriot Signature Line (16 GB total)

-OS Storage: 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 NVMe SSD

I think it should work, as i have a 3060 (colorful edition), i dont know about the cpu as i am also not that good with pcs, but you have my setup! (i only have 50 gigs of storage ;.;, oh well, it works fine)

Just now, Dunas Only Moon said:

I think it should work, as i have a 3060 (colorful edition), i dont know about the cpu as i am also not that good with pcs, but you have my setup! (i only have 50 gigs of storage ;.;, oh well, it works fine)

That's the old build. Here's the new one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CxxQmr

22 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

@emord-nillapWhat is the most important aspect of a gaming pc for better framerates and performance?

Also, is this a good graphics card?:  MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ventus 2X 12G GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 12 GB Video Card

Here's the build: Choose Your Parts - PCPartPicker

nice, the 3060 is a very good graphics card however I would recommend the 6700xt from AMD instead as it costs similar but you get a little more performance.

The most important part of a pc is probably the graphics card and CPU combined - If you look at the KSP2 recommended your current graphics card is below recommended but your CPU is above recommended

I would recommend something more akin to this, where more money is spent on GPU than it is on CPU

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FmQsd9

2 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

most of the devices i use have 10 but the gaming pc is gonna have 11 or 11 pro

PLEASE, don’t make the upgrade, it SUCKS

I have it on my laptop, and I can tell you, the ui, the sounds, the new “features” all suck, they legit REMOVED more then they added. Im so glad I didn’t “upgrade” to it on my pc.

its your choice, and all i can do is warn you…

21 minutes ago, Little 908 said:

PLEASE, don’t make the upgrade, it SUCKS

I have it on my laptop, and I can tell you, the ui, the sounds, the new “features” all suck, they legit REMOVED more then they added. Im so glad I didn’t “upgrade” to it on my pc.

its your choice, and all i can do is warn you…

Good to know. for some reason. Windows 10 is more expensive

5 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Good to know. for some reason. Windows 10 is more expensive

It is? Oh then i would say its more expensive for a reason lol, but yeah idk

you can look up “windows 10 vs 11” to see more in-detail changes if you want to

Edited by Little 908

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.