Need Help Quite Tired Of Attempting To Get Machine From World NOT VAB.

easy to say, messed up, overwritten a save, couldn't revert so i cannot get my machine back via the VAB, the machine exists via the ingame world

been on it for 3 hours or so trying to get it back in my spare time..

just search up For THingo 8

thats the machine i have been trying to get back, i don't have the VAB schematic and i have tried everything in the save file to grab its data back..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f4VijXMtb40ofL6RtFh92BrhGMwvofNB/view?usp=drive_link

i don't know where put this and im just frustrated as of right now trying get the machine back.

Did you check your autosave? Depending on how you "overwrote", your machine may be in autosave or within the save files, if you saved  it at all.

Save often, save redundantly. I save some crafts to desktop txt files as a backup to the in-game system. Early Access has me hyper vigilant with saving crafts, since I really don't want to lose the time it takes to build.

Having said that, I'm ready to rebuild every vessel in my library after each update. Last thing I want is a legacy bug- my early access motto is to be ready to wipe the slate clean at any moment.

21 minutes ago, Socraticat said:

Did you check your autosave? Depending on how you "overwrote", your machine may be in autosave or within the save files, if you saved  it at all.

Save often, save redundantly. I save some crafts to desktop txt files as a backup to the in-game system. Early Access has me hyper vigilant with saving crafts, since I really don't want to lose the time it takes to build.

Having said that, I'm ready to rebuild every vessel in my library after each update. Last thing I want is a legacy bug- my early access motto is to be ready to wipe the slate clean at any moment.

every auto save has been checked and the saves i have made, it seems the saves, and machines in the VAB is completely separate and work together, but is NOT together.

and the only viable way to get the machine is to get the "meta data" out of the world save with how and where the parts are...

i have attempted this by myself and i can say i struggle with the logic behind it

If I understand this correctly, the OP has lost/deleted all workspaces for a vessel they were working on. But the vessel still exists in an active flight in their savegame.

The question is: How to import an active vessel back into a workspace?

A piece of software could, in theory, be written to extract the craft file from the game file.

A significantly detailed understanding of the formats in which these are stored would be necessary.
In short, this is not a simple or straightforward process.

I believe there may have been such a program (or an attempt at one) for KSP1.

Happy landings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.