The Kraken Nuclear Option (Exit the Game in Style!)

Have you ever wanted to exit the game at the end of a hard day's rocket science but felt that using the menu option lacked a little pizzaz? is the F4 button on your keyboard a little sticky from fast food? Would you rather operate your game through arcane unexplained magic rather than the provided perfectly working options?

Behold the Kraken Nuclear Option, a device which uses ??? to put your application to sleep tonight. The controls are simple:

1.  Load one (1) qualified computer technician into the device's control mechanism.
  2. Suspend the device on clamps above your least favourite launch site
  3. Activate Action Group 1

RxO4Hdj.png

This was originally something I made to test the idea of docking together segments for a ring station, but then I discovered its fatal consequences to the instance of the game currently running. While I have submitted this over to the devs for bug reporting, I'm also kind of curious as to whether anyone out there has a machine or setup of the game capable of handling whatever happens when you undock the one port holding this together, so I figured I'd throw this out here in case anyone is amused by it/wants to play around with it and see if their copy of the game runs it.

Have fun all of ye: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cNBhrL-JJ8m0Ox-1_fKoBxzRv4dKOOYX/view?usp=sharing

I can confirm that this is in fact a fancy way to exit KSP2.

Even stranger... when I booted the game back up it started on my other monitor. WOO! Good one.

On a side note: I was able to load my "OneOscar" Array and fly 16 of them under the bridge at once. I'd say the framerate has improved significantly judging by how much more responsive the craft was to fly.

7 hours ago, Socraticat said:

I can confirm that this is in fact a fancy way to exit KSP2.

Even stranger... when I booted the game back up it started on my other monitor. WOO! Good one.

I noticed it messing with the video settings the first time I used it (kept on putting me into windowed mode) but wasn't sure if that was related to it or something patch 0.1.3.0 was doing for unrelated reasons. Nice to learn it is the work of my beautiful machine.

20 minutes ago, mattihase said:

(kept on putting me into windowed mode)

Oh, yeah. I had that before.

I haven't launched the game since, but I'll let you know if any foolery has happened. It hasn't ever jumped screens before.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.