Engine Plate Fairing Respawns after load or switching vessels.

Socraticat

Reported Version: v0.1.3 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

The fairing generated by the large engine plate has returned after loading a save. It should be gone, since that stage and engines have already been initiated through the staging process.

Included Attachments:

LargeEnginePlateFairingRespawnsonload_logs.zip

Edited by Anth12

It's not just after load. It's after a visit to the KSC as well. At first I thought it was related to the new engines with extendable nozzles but it appears to be of any engine type.

It happens when an engine plate is used, regardless of the size (same/smaller) of the engine mounted. The respawned fairing is the engine plate fairing, not the decoupler or engine fairing.

In some cases the respawning will result in rapid disassembly.

Edited by Kerbart

• 3 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.3.2 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i9-9750H | GPU: RTX3060 | RAM32GB

Sent a couple capsules into LKO, one after the other.

After returning to the first launched vessel from switching away to launch the second one, the engine plate fairings that had been decoupled with the decoupler were visible again (see screenshot).

Video Evidence:
KerbalSpaceProgram22023-08-3109-22-29-Copy.mp4

Save File:
autosave_2.json

Screenshot:

Screenshot2023-07-21214831.png.45955d49cae2c1fdecc4b46f59b2298c.png

Edited by Anth12

• 1 month later...

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

I used on my craft small engine mount, firstly stage decoupled normally from mount and there was no shroud. But when I loaded save shroud appeared on my craft's mount plate, but decoupler was detached. I attached craft, screenshots, log and save

Save File:
Mun-1.json

Screenshot:
KerbalSpaceProgram230_08.202322_26_26.png.961edc3ffbbcbad8c1924ffddae64532.png

Edited by Anth12

17 minutes ago, Vortygont said:

I used on my craft small engine mount, firstly stage decoupled normally from mount and there was no shroud. But when I loaded save shroud appeared on my craft's mount plate, but decoupler was detached. I attached craft, screenshots, log and save

I am sorry but a lot of the files are missing.

When submitting the bug report via the form all the file types need to be highlighted for it to work.
This is done by holding down Shift or Ctrl and then clicking on the different types.

Having this issue too when I load a craft. Fairing staged ok(ish) but then returns when I load the craft from a save.Engine-Mount-Fairing-Staged.png?rlkey=8v

Engine-Mount-Fairing-Returns.png?rlkey=k

Version: v0.1.4.0 | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel i7-7700 | GPU: GTX1650 | RAM32GB

Edited by NaughtyMonster
Added version & specs

Also occurs when loading saved game.  (Might be different bug, but logically would be the same bug.)

Not fixed on 0.1.4-x  in that case.  Worse yet, the colliders stay in place which just ruined my Mun landing.   :D
(No fret, I'm tuning my Mun landing craft for fun and found it a tad short on fuel, made it safely, but fallen over on the ground with 22 Dv left in the lander stage.:o )

Edited by Ruedii

5 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Also occurs when loading saved game.  (Might be different bug, but logically would be the same bug.)

Yup the original title & description are a little outdated - this happens with any engine plates any time a vessel is unloaded and reloaded.

I think these are all the cases that I've found it happening (and it has never not happened):
- Switching between vessels, including switching over to the KSC
- Quicksaving/quickloading
- Loading a save from the main menu

Other potential cases that I have yet to confirm:
- Entering physics range of a vessel (i.e. driving off in a rover and coming back to a ship - do the engine plate fairings respawn on the ship - maybe not?)
- Going directly to the tracking station from the pause menu (since this is really just the map view so I don't think the vessel gets reloaded)   -> confirmed not a case

Edited by QwertyHpp
Tested unknown case

I have experienced the same - meaning I am launching some vessels upside down, as I can connect the clamp-o-tron st to clamp-o-tron st and its a strong connection x) But then I launch the second stage upside down, and have to do a flip maneuver once launched - of course it's not a solution for all crafts

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Ryzen 5600x | GPU: GTX 1650 | RAM16GB

Spoiler

Systeminfo.PNG.0e951f2b032d46c68396a1fcb511058e.PNG

when loading to a vessil i had recently landed on the mum the interstage from the previus stage decopling reapared and caused the vesil to jump in the air then land on its side

Severity: Medium

kerbal now stuck on mun and not in a fun way

Frequancy:Medium

happens every time i load the saves from when i left the mun havent tried with diffrent craft.

Included Attachments:

20231107191358_1.jpg.72ff91fc76a1949e0c378c30998fc3c4.jpg

NewWorkspace.json

Edited by The Space Peacock

• 3 weeks later...

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i7-12700K | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 | RAM: 32GB

I was going to create a bug report but maybe this is also related to this issue.  On revert to launch, the engine plate faring looks like a vertical blind.   Easy to reproduce.

3WzjjYC.jpg

8qIfwiA.jpg