[SOLVED] Help needed : new to Unity, won't load any internal Spaces / props : "cannot create space" (nullref errors)

Hi,

I'm new to unity and modelling in general, my wish is to modify an existing modded IVA for personnal use.

I was adviced I needed KSPparttools for that (aalthough, I'm not sure ? since I'm not creating an actual part ?)

So anayway, I followed JPLRepo post and instructions :

• Download Unity 2019.4.18f1 and run it. Then open your Mod project, upgrade it to Unity 2019.4.18f1.
  • Uninstall the built-in Unity TMPro package from Unity 2019.4.18f1 - Go to Window - Package Manager in Unity and Select TMPro and uninstall it.
  • Download this exact file "TextMesh Pro Release 1.0.56 - Unity 2017.3 " from https://forum.unity.com/threads/useful-information-download-links.458634/#post-3304434 and import it into your Mod project in Unity using Assets - Import Package, Custom Package menu option.
  • Import the custom bundle in the zip file above into your Unity project.
  • Disable "Validate References" for the KSPAssedCompiler.dll and KSPAssets.dll in the "Assets/Plugins/KSPAssets" folder.
  • Restart Unity and reopen your mod project.
  • That's ALL you have to do.

Currently I'm stuck at "Disable "Validate References" for the KSPAssedCompiler.dll and " etc. As I don't know where this folder is, and how to access it and disable the said thing.

Also, if you do have general tips to get started with IVA modelling/modifications, I'd be happy to take them !

Thanks a lot :) 

Cheers

Edited by kurgut

Hi again,

So I managed to do this step, however, I can't load any IVA in unity with part tools (stock or modded). some props load, but others don't. Any idea ?

I'm using the correct version of unity.

B7kaZkb.png

updates^^
I can now load an IVA now : after searching on the forum, found a little post from saying the data dir set in part tools had to be specific (gamedata/)
But as you can see, I still get errors : unity won't load the dds textures. IIRC I saw while searching unity didn't like dds.
So I guess I have to convert them to png ? just for editing ?
And more importantly, for my purpose (which is props editing) there's no props loaded... do you know how to make them load by unity ?

Thank you !

Capture_decran_2023-07-04_064852.png

Edited by kurgut

update

so after searching, I managed to convert .dds files to .png, thanks to ImageMagick. Could have the texture loaded in !

Also, weirdly, after setting my windows language display to english (default is french), opening a new project, I was finally able to load everything including props, edit/add new od them, export the internal.cfg, and it WORKED in game. KALLELUIA :D 

So I have to be careful about this rabbit hole which whispers me to edit all thoses IVAs I wanted to change for years...^^

Cheers

37 minutes ago, kurgut said:

update

so after searching, I managed to convert .dds files to .png, thanks to ImageMagick. Could have the texture loaded in !

Also, weirdly, after setting my windows language display to english (default is french), opening a new project, I was finally able to load everything including props, edit/add new od them, export the internal.cfg, and it WORKED in game. KALLELUIA :D 

So I have to be careful about this rabbit hole which whispers me to edit all thoses IVAs I wanted to change for years...^^

Cheers

Hi. Came here after you quoted me in the other thread.

From what I have read before, the reason it works in English but not French has someting to do with languages other than English using a comma rather than a full stop in their layout. The program can't work with the commas where it expects full stops, and so gets stuck.

If you want to try editing in blender then you might want to read through my thread.

As long as the image files that the model expects to use are in the same folder that the .mu model is in, then it should load with it. Then you just need to highlight a model in the heirachy. (Not an empty) and then go to the Shading workspace, and disconnect the vertex color (I think they may have changed the name in the latest blender), and the textures that use that materials property should show when you change to texture view in the main workspace. There are pics and instructions within my thread.

As to working props used by Squad. They are separate models that are referenced in the configuration file and told what co-ordinates and orientation they should show up at in the internal. You can load them in along with the internal model that you want to change, to work out the co-ordinates and orientation. Just remember to read the bit in my thread about the orientation co-ordinates being represented slightly different in the configuration file versus what you see in blender.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.