Cannot create/edit a maneuver node when game is paused

Vl3d

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | GPU: Nvidia RTX 4070 | RAM32 GB DDR5

When the game is paused and a vessel is in flight / orbit, clicking on the trajectory does nothing. It should trigger the "Create a maneuver plan / Time warp to point" pop-up.

Edited by Anth12
added "edit" to account for a merged bug report

10 answers to this question

5 hours ago, TripleStaff said:

Have you been able to do that before? Cuz it's always been like that, and while it'd be nice to do I don't think it's a bug

I think it's a bug that was never addressed, because many said the advantage of the new pausing system is to create manoeuvre nodes while paused.

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

If you change a maneuver and press pause while doing so, the maneuver node closes and you can't press it. At the same time, though, you can freely change any parameters in the part manager during the time pause. Maybe maneuver is part of game simulation and is affected by timestop, however a red trajectory will probably be integrated once, I don't really know

Edited by Anth12

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | RAM16 GB

when the game is paused i cant make or change maneuver nodes, not sure  if it is a bug but it would  make  sense to be able to make maneuver nodes while paused

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | RAM32 GB

I’m not saying I dislike the pause button, being able to pause is a great feature, but right now a significant portion of the user interface becomes unresponsive when the game is paused. The most noticeable of these is the map menu. The thing I am most likely to want to do while time is paused is to plan maneuver nodes, and I can’t interact with maneuver nodes at all while time is paused.

Included Attachments:

While I would also like to see this changed, I wanted to point out something that may not be obvious to new players:

Pausing usually* isn't needed! It takes 30+ minutes to go all the way around Kerbin in low orbit, so the average LKO maneuver is 15+ minutes away already, and you lose nothing by waiting (warping) a few minutes to the next orbit if it's too close. Then when you actually start going places, the time spans get even longer; your correction burn halfway to the Mun is ridiculously far away, you have hours to program in your Mun capture burn upon entering its SOI, etc. If you give it a try, you may find that most of the time, you can happily fiddle with maneuvers with the game unpaused and not miss anything. It's kind of a chill experience.

* Yes, there are a few rare circumstances where you need to whip up a burn very quickly. That's why I say I'd also like to be able to do this. My point is to tell anyone out there is frustrated because they can't pause to plan every burn: you don't need to!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.