DockingPort - Next

Rudolf Meier

DockingPort - Next

A docking port with an active soft capture ring and fully functional movements. As real as possible.

See it in Action

Supported KSP Version

Works with 1.12 and later. The latest version is compiled against 1.12.3

How To Get It

this mod is CKAN-Indexed-green.svg

Download: https://github.com/meirumeiru/DockingPort-Next/releases

Source: https://github.com/meirumeiru/DockingPort-Next

License: GPL-3.0

Contributors

Info For Developers

This mod uses the mod "DockingFunctions".

Edited by Rudolf Meier

I spotted early versions of it on CKAN and tried it out, and I'm glad to see this has been released!

BTW, as a convenience, could you update the CKAN metadata with a link back to this topic? That's always helpful to those strange people (like myself) who browse CKAN!

3 hours ago, softweir said:

BTW, as a convenience, could you update the CKAN metadata with a link back to this topic? That's always helpful to those strange people (like myself) who browse CKAN!

should be done... CKAN should pick the website automatically

3 hours ago, Svm420 said:

Does this require anything on the docking port side of things, as in does it need special ports, or can it be used on existing docking port parts?

the Module is completely different from the stock docking port and it does need special models if you want to use an existing model with this code... but most available models with soft capture rings should be adaptable

update!

I had a typo in my export script! Sorry... it included an old file instead of the latest one. Most functions still worked without problems. But I have the new release online now.

If you install this update, check that you have only the "DockingPortNext.dll" in your Plugins directory!

Edited by Rudolf Meier

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, SaintDemon said:

Great mod! But it really needs some configs, because many mods, like Connected Living Space, FreeIVA and contracts doesn't recognise  it as a Docking port at all

thanks

I know... but it's not easy to achieve this. I have built my own Connected Living Space for this (I had to modify it quite a bit). The main problem is, that my port is not based on a ModuleDockingNode because that is impossible. And KSP doesn't know any other ways of identifying docking ports, which lead to the situation that no mod does have an other way of detecting docking ports either.

I've created a mod which is meant to be a base for docking ports (DockingFunctions) and which offers an interface IDockable. If everyone would start supporting this, that would be a solution, but it may be hard to get to that point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...