Ability to "PAUSE" the game in the VAB

So when building in the VAB, being able to pause the game would:

* Reduce lag (especially in the future with large colonies) so that they won't be functional. 

* Keep the game on a certain time of day so when you launch your ship, it won't be night where you can't see anything.

* Players can take a break without the game progressing, allowing them to step away from the game without any consequences i.e you could have a ship that's on its way towards a planets surface but you don't want it to move yet.

* Give players more time to plan their spacecraft designs and mission (career mode) strategies without feeling rushed by the game’s progression.

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. 

How much time are you spending in VAB, exactly? How much does it affect the rest of the game?

11 hours ago, Heretic391 said:

you could have a ship that's on its way towards a planets surface but you don't want it to move yet.

You know, having that and doing literally anything else than taking control would be just dumb. So what, you finish the VAB work, hit the launchpad and... switch to reentering ship immediately? You may as well start the construction after landing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 2:02 AM, Lyneira said:

In KSP2, time doesn't pause while you're in the VAB.

I'd also be curious if in an OAB which is open to space, we'll get to see Kerbin or another planet passing by below us as we orbit it. I hope so, at least.

Found my own answer elsewhere lol.

So definite thumbs up on this proposal. 

Edited by Filed.Teeth

I thought it was naturally paused until I left the VAB, and it was dark outside my house, and it was dark when I tried to launch.  I'm ok with them leaving it realtime, but a pause option would be nice...especially one day when there is SO much going on in the Kerbol system such as having multiple colonies, dozens of craft in orbit...they certainly dont want the CPU eating up realtime on that while you are in the VAB - in fact, that just happened to me...the VAB was dropping down to sub-10 FPS when it had been perfect for the last few days while on 0.1.5 - turned out it was a crashed rover I left on the Mun, which was shaking and wobbling radically, eating up performace.

On 10/5/2023 at 2:27 PM, The Aziz said:

How much time are you spending in VAB, exactly? How much does it affect the rest of the game?

That's not the only reason they gave;

On 10/5/2023 at 3:05 AM, Heretic391 said:

* Reduce lag (especially in the future with large colonies) so that they won't be functional. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.