Does anyone else feel like terrains aren't explored enough in this game?

DrEerenyea

I was amazed by how cool kerbin's shorelines were and I was thinking, how often does these terrains gets explored throughly. This game got me interested in geography other than literal rocket science. Show me your coolest KSP screenshots involving terrains.image.png?ex=654491b1&is=65321cb1&hm=a86image.png?ex=65449425&is=65321f25&hm=826                                                                                     image.png?ex=65449b24&is=65322624&hm=2e8

Edited by DrEerenyea

I recognize both those places, the first at 110W on the equator is the staging point for deorbit to KSC for many approaches.

The other one is further West at the shore of the land mass that contains 'Dessert Airfield'.  A little south outside the view of that shot, is another patch of submerged  terrain, like an underwater island, where the water depth is only about 4m deep, as I recall.

But you've asked a good question.  Go take a look at e.g. Kayak Club to scratch your itch further...

Edited by Hotel26

14 hours ago, DrEerenyea said:

I was amazed by how cool kerbin's shorelines were and I was thinking, how often does these terrains gets explored throughly. This game got me interested in geography other than literal rocket science. Show me your coolest KSP screenshots involving terrains.image.png?ex=654491b1&is=65321cb1&hm=a86image.png?ex=65449425&is=65321f25&hm=826                                                                                     image.png?ex=65449b24&is=65322624&hm=2e8

Wait, what mod provides that navigation line?

9 hours ago, TwoCalories said:

Wait, what mod provides that navigation line?

It's a mod called Trajectories, it provides an accurate trajectory mark on any surface and accurate enough orbit predictions. It's great for determining a landing spot on both atmospheric and non atmospheric bodies. It also tells you if theres atmospheric drag on an altitude. Very handy mod, I recommend it.

Example of an orbital with Trajectories installed: 

Trajectories mod reentry calculation inaccurate? : r/KerbalSpaceProgram

During flight:
LRCHs92.png

Edited by DrEerenyea

18 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

I recognize both those places, the first at 110W on the equator is the staging point for deorbit to KSC for many approaches.

The other one is further West at the shore of the land mass that contains 'Dessert Airfield'.  A little south outside the view of that shot, is another patch of submerged  terrain, like an underwater island, where the water depth is only about 4m deep, as I recall.

But you've asked a good question.  Go take a look at e.g. Kayak Club to scratch your itch further...

Thanks, I took a look at your "Kayak Club" and i find it appealing. I am somewhat unfamiliar with formal conversations such as these and I've never paid much attention to game forums, this post have just awakened a new interest in me. I look forward to posting on the Kayak Club forum.

Edited by DrEerenyea

1 hour ago, TwoCalories said:

Oh. I already have that mod, but how do you turn on the atmospheric lines thing?

You right click on the Trajectory logo on the mod list on right side of the screen and enable in flight.

Edited by DrEerenyea

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.