[1.12.x] More Real Exoplanets: Series 2 [K2-18, Luyten's Star] [v0.2.0]

JoshTheKerbal

x22OLAw.png

bRyKjrU.png

cAVlALf.png

aLmSppH.png

What is More Real Exoplanets?

More Real Exoplanets (MREx) is a series of mods that add confirmed exoplanets to KSP. Similar to Andi's Real Exoplanets (REx), MREx puts each star at their correct right ascension and declination, albeit with their distance from the Sun shortened to avoid game-breaking bugs caused by large distances. Each planet is based on their real-life properties with some artistic liberty.

Series 1 adds two star systems, Kepler-186 (with Space Dust configs) and CoRoT-7.

Series 2 adds two star systems, K2-18 and Luyten's Star.

Each series will add two new star systems.

Download: GitHub

Follow the development of MREx at KerbalHub's Planet Emporium's Discord Server: https://discord.gg/hYTjzJzyFZ

Thanks to:

• Squad: The developers of KSP
  • @Andi K.: For inspiring me to make MREx
  • @Pkmniako: For making Niako's Kopernicus Utilities, a dependency of all packs in MREx
  • Kabram: For making the sunflares used in MREx's scatterer configs and making them free to use
  • @AbnormalVenegrade: Space Dust configs for (now so far) Kepler-186

License: All Rights Reserved (ARR)

Edited by JoshTheKerbal
Thanks AbnormalVenegrade for the Space Dust configs!

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, AbnormalVenegrade said:

Is it possible to add SpaceDust support to allow interstellar vehicles to refuel on-site with different fuels? I could make some configs for it really quick, but definitely would need to tweak some abundancy or distance values.

You could do that and release that as a separate mod with this as a dependency, as I don't know how to code SpaceDust yet.

2 hours ago, JoshTheKerbal said:

You could do that and release that as a separate mod with this as a dependency, as I don't know how to code SpaceDust yet.

I've been working on trying to make it compatible, but after skimming through making different resources they never appear in-game, even when having auto discover and auto identify on. I'll keep trying to get it to work and release the config for you to adjust the abundancy values for balance, but I have no idea why it isn't working.

Edited by AbnormalVenegrade

On 2/21/2024 at 10:05 PM, JoshTheKerbal said:

I already finished fixing up the resource cfg's and got it all working, but the balancing might be a bit off. I was mostly just wondering if you'd want to integrate this with the main mod instead as it won't activate without SpaceDust installed to prevent any issues. Maybe just include a disclaimer that there are SpaceDust configs for only one star system, since I only worked on putting it into Kepler 186.

2 hours ago, AbnormalVenegrade said:

I already finished fixing up the resource cfg's and got it all working, but the balancing might be a bit off. I was mostly just wondering if you'd want to integrate this with the main mod instead as it won't activate without SpaceDust installed to prevent any issues. Maybe just include a disclaimer that there are SpaceDust configs for only one star system, since I only worked on putting it into Kepler 186.

I absolutely want this integrated into MREx! I'll obviously include a disclaimer so that people know that SpaceDust only works for the Kepler-186 system.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...