[WIP] Buran Orbiter Construction Kit

hugoraider

16 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

You're supposed to get it from the Extras folder on SOCK's GitHub ;).

Never mind, I didn't put the folder in the correct folder

23 minutes ago, Aerothecat said:

I installed the Buran WIP folder properly and i still cant find the cockpit

That comes from the Benjee Shuttle Mod you need to go to the GitHub link and download from the master branch not the releases and then located inside is a txt file that gives you install instructions for the Buran parts. https://github.com/benjee10/Shuttle-Orbiter-Construction-Kit 

Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, Jim123 said:

That comes from the Benjee Shuttle Mod you need to go to the GitHub link and download from the master branch not the releases and then located inside is a txt file that gives you install instructions for the Buran parts. https://github.com/benjee10/Shuttle-Orbiter-Construction-Kit 

Hope this helps!

I did this and didnt get the cockpit not even a texture variant option

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

Hello! I am having issues locating the parts for the Buran cockpit and front landing gear. I have put the "Buran WIP" folder into the SOCK Parts folder. Any help would be appreciated!image.png?ex=66c2ca5a&is=66c178da&hm=011

Put the contents of the "buran wip" folder into the parts folder not the actual folder

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

Hello! I am having issues locating the parts for the Buran cockpit and front landing gear. I have put the "Buran WIP" folder into the SOCK Parts folder. Any help would be appreciated!image.png?ex=66c2ca5a&is=66c178da&hm=011

Uh... You're supposed to put the BuranOrbiter folder in GameData, not SOCK folder. Also, if you have Buran OMS pod, then the cockpit and front gear should also be in the parts list.

37 minutes ago, soyuz 33 said:

Put the contents of the "buran wip" folder into the parts folder not the actual folder

What? No, that's absolutely not how you're supposed to install it.

Edited by hugoraider

On 8/18/2024 at 9:17 PM, hugoraider said:

Uh... You're supposed to put the BuranOrbiter folder in GameData, not SOCK folder. Also, if you have Buran OMS pod, then the cockpit and front gear should also be in the parts list.

What? No, that's absolutely not how you're supposed to install it.

Thats what it says on installation instructions in SOCK's

Oh wait i wasn't that clear, i meant put the contents of the "buran wip" folder into the parts folder of the SOCK mod not the regular parts folder

7 hours ago, soyuz 33 said:

Thats what it says on installation instructions in SOCK's

Oh wait i wasn't that clear, i meant put the contents of the "buran wip" folder into the parts folder of the SOCK mod not the regular parts folder

1. Where in SOCK instructions did you even see that? :huh:

2. Why are you even talking about SOCK? :huh:

3. What do you call the "regular parts folder"? :huh:

4. There's no "buran wip" folder, the folder is called "BuranOrbiter" and it goes in GameData, not SOCK or anywhere else.

17 hours ago, hugoraider said:

1. Where in SOCK instructions did you even see that? :huh:

2. Why are you even talking about SOCK? :huh:

3. What do you call the "regular parts folder"? :huh:

4. There's no "buran wip" folder, the folder is called "BuranOrbiter" and it goes in GameData, not SOCK or anywhere else.

1. https://imgur.com/a/ZzezirM

2. They said they couldn't find the buran cockpit

3.  GameData/Squad/Parts

4. There is in the extras folder of the SOCK mod

(There is most likely a mis-communication here on my part of something)

35 minutes ago, soyuz 33 said:

1. https://imgur.com/a/ZzezirM

2. They said they couldn't find the buran cockpit

3.  GameData/Squad/Parts

4. There is in the extras folder of the SOCK mod

(There is most likely a mis-communication here on my part of something)

Oh damn, my bad, I thought you were talking about how to install my mod :confused:. So yeah, you're absolutely right about SOCK's Buran parts installation :D.

18 minutes ago, hugoraider said:

Oh damn, my bad, I thought you were talking about how to install my mod :confused:. So yeah, you're absolutely right about SOCK's Buran parts installation :D.

Your all good looking back at my first message i confused myself

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, KURUMITOKISAKI said:

THE nose gear is so small that the cockpit will hit the ground easily . 

Did you really attach it correctly? As you can see in a video on page 3, this is not actually the case.

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

Did you really attach it correctly? As you can see in a video on page 3, this is not actually the case.

YES Just like the video, this height is low that when you land the shuttle in 100m/s speed it is easy to damage the cockpit. Also it can not perfectly integrates with the heatshield if you just attach the nose gear like the video.

54 minutes ago, KURUMITOKISAKI said:

YES Just like the video, this height is low that when you land the shuttle in 100m/s speed it is easy to damage the cockpit. Also it can not perfectly integrates with the heatshield if you just attach the nose gear like the video.

WDYM the height is low? It's exactly the same as SOCK :huh:.

8 hours ago, hugoraider said:

WDYM the height is low? It's exactly the same as SOCK :huh:.

If you just install it on the node that is right,but it will make the heatshield have some cracks which means the buran gear does not perfectly fit  with the fuselage.It seems that the nose gear is also longer then the NASA one in the real world.

8 hours ago, KURUMITOKISAKI said:

If you just install it on the node that is right,but it will make the heatshield have some cracks which means the buran gear does not perfectly fit  with the fuselage.It seems that the nose gear is also longer then the NASA one in the real world.

Do you have a picture?