Kerbal's helmet clips through the bottom of 1.25m capsule [Mk1 "Tin Can" Command Pod]

The Aziz

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

As it says. Best seen when decelerating, as the force gets applied to the Kerbal.

Included Attachments:

20231219200425_1.jpg.d4df5d36ac7f983158823c21e431beca.jpg

Edited by Spicat

11 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19045) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 | RAM32768MB

Severity: Medium, no workaround, jsut seems to happen sometimes depending on Kerbonaut's animations

Frequency: Happens every few seconds in flight, most noticeable on re-entry as this is when the heatshield is exposed.

Description: In flight, when a HS-125 Heatshield is attached to a Mk1 "Tin Can" Command Pod containing a brave Kerbonaut, the Kerbonaut will occasionally perform animations within the command pod which cause the back of their helmet to clip through the heatshield, becoming partially visible from the outside camera's perspective. Unclear whether this occurs without the heatshield too, or if the presense of the heatshield is causing the clipping to show where it otherwise would not.

Included Attachments:

CarouselI.json

12 hours ago, Doorjelly said:

also seen this, noticed especially when parachute deploys

The Kerbals also block the window with the top of their head in the starter capsule after an EVA. So you can only see the top of their helmet through the little window whilst also seeing their helmet poking out the bottom of the capsule. 

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 | RAM63.8 GB Available / 64 GB Total

Was playing some ksp 2 and I saw that my kerbal's head was sticking out of the capsule a bit. I dont have a heat shield so it doesnt cover it up.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) | CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX (24 CPUs), ~2.1GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU | RAM16

This is something I have noticed twice so far (I have played KSP2 only for it about an hour so far).

Sometimes during the flight, due to some movements of the Kerbals, their body clips through the vehicle . It didn't affect the flight in any way but it did look weird. 

In the attached image I noticed this during the reentry from the Kerbin orbit. 

The other time i noticed this was on the launch-pad where the Kerbal clipped through the vehicle, during one of their idle animations.  Sadly I do not have a image for it as it happened only for a moment and I couldn't capture it.

Included Attachments: