Skybox missing/frozen when viewing KSC (also happens elsewhere)

QwertyHpp

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i9-9750H | GPU: RTX3060 | RAM32GB

After updating to 0.2, noticed that when timewarping to daytime in the KSC view, the skybox had gotten stuck and was rotating with the planet (see attached video). Tried closing and relaunching the game, only to find the skybox missing now missing (see attached video).

Affects all campaigns - quicksaving/quickload, relaunching and reinstalling the game had no effect.

Included Attachments:

Edited by The Space Peacock

17 hours ago, Stephensan said:

I have the same issue, actually everyone should have this issue, it should be universal.

I think no one should have this issue but we all do have it. But I get your point, it sounds like a universal bug.

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: 64-bit Windows 11 Home | CPU: 11th Ge Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400f | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | RAM16.0 GB

When below a specific elevation on Kerbin, approximately within the upper atmosphere, the sky the skybox appears static, failing to reflect the rotational movement of Kerbin. Despite Kerbin's rotation, stars remain stationary, suggesting that the skybox is somehow fixed to the celestial body's rotation. Additionally, when below this designated elevation, the skybox appears to be offset, with stars and celestial objects positioned incorrectly compared to their actual locations. 

Included Attachments:

2023-December-2115-22-25.mov

OS: Windows | CPU: Intel I7 | GPU: GTX 1070 ti | RAM16GB

Im not entirely sure if this has been reported already but ive noticed when on a celestial body or close enough to its surface the skybox will re-render and stay static for some reason. It looks as if the body isnt moving and can make timewarping on a planet or moon a bit of a pain due to not having any sense of rotation. Hopefully itll get fixed eventually, thank you.

Included Attachments:

At Bop you can see there is night and day but skybox remains same.

Could we get these correctly on all planets?

Not sure if it started bugging during flight, i think i saw flash at sky and then i noticed this.

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | RAM16GB

In reality, as a planet rotates, the apparently static background stars will appear to rise in the east and set in the west, rotating around the celestial poles. the sky just before sunrise is very different from the sky just after sunset; just as the sky at midnight in summer is very different from the sky at midnight in winter. This behavior is correctly implemented in KSP1.

In Kerbal Space Program 2, when landed on the surface of Kerbin, the skybox appears completely static; only solar system objects (i.e., Mun & Sun) appear to rise and set as Kerbin rotates. This behavior occurs in the KSC scene and the flight scene.

This simple astronomical fact is not only a pretty major flaw for a space game to get wrong, it also makes it hard to judge the passage of time when timewarping on a planet's surface.

To replicate: timewarp during night time. At any time warp level, the stars will not appear to move, but you may see the Mun zip across the sky, and the Sun may rise eventually.

Included Attachments:

• 2 weeks later...

This glitch never disapears and what it does is that stars dont move in night and day cycles

Included Attachments: