[WIP] RasterPropMonitor Maneuver Planner

MirageDev

kurgutscreenshot.png

Maneuvering panel (picture by Kurgut)

Hello! I've been working together with @kurgut to create this API and prop set allowing You to plot maneuver nodes right from the internal view (IVA).

Includes 2 prop sets:

• Toggle-switch based
  • Retrobutton based

TODO:

• Integrate the displays with the ASET DSKY
  • Fix the default numbers on PRO/NORM/RAD displays (only in the RB-based set, has no effect on gameplay, since they're erased when their respective buttons are pressed)

Dependencies:

Downloads:

Pictures:

• Toggle-switch panel
    Spoiler

toggleSwitches.png

• RetroButtons
    Spoiler

rbstyle.png

• RetroButtons (DSKY layout)
    Spoiler

dskystyle.png

For IVA-makers:

Spoiler

This mod requires a MM patch if you want multiple panels on a single internal space. This is how RPM loads external plugins , and is probably a temporary solution. Here's an example patch:

@INTERNAL[internalSpaceName]
{
  MODULE
  {
    name = ManeuverPlannerRPM
  }
}

Licenses:

• The source code and prop packs are released under the CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
  • Contains props/models derived from ASET Props (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)

Huge thanks to Kurgut for giving me the idea of this addon and JonnyOThan for help with C# modding and maintaining RPM!

3 minutes ago, john1978 said:

Awesome  thank you have a great chrismas!

RPM is waiting for a PR to be merged (should be done very soon) so it can support this mod, until then, some of the props/features of this mod won't work, but there will be a notification here when it's done !

4 hours ago, Svm420 said:

@MirageDev

What made you go for RPM as opposed to MAS? I thought RPM was being phased out for the new and improved MAS.

@Svm420

I have more experience with RPM (mainly writing plugins for it), and I've noticed some issues with MAS modules (I believe Kurgut made a Github issue on the MAS repo about it).

Edited by MirageDev

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, theonegalen said:

oh heck yeah, so this will mean I don't have to use the MechJeb maneuver planner?

Well Mechjeb is kinda complementary and different, he has standard/commonly used "create maneuver node" options, where here you have all the freedom of a manually plotted maneuver node. :) 
But yeah ! You can do everything with the planner ;) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 8:39 PM, Svm420 said:

@MirageDev

What made you go for RPM as opposed to MAS? I thought RPM was being phased out for the new and improved MAS.

MAS has it's own  tools to create maneuver nodes both manually and automatically.

Awesome that people are still adding to the IVAs for KSP1.

Are using Unity 2019.4.18f1  and the parttools to do the placement?

I ask as I was looking to tweak the location of somethings, but wasn't sure if the old forum posts were still valid for the current KSP version/

16 minutes ago, cyberKerb said:

Are using Unity 2019.4.18f1  and the parttools to do the placement?

Yes this was it's used for prop placement in the internals, and it is indeed the correct unity version : )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.