Planted Flags Not Showing Up In Tracking Station

Scarecrow71

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: See previous submissions | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 Core | GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super | RAM32 GB RAM

As part of the Exploration mode, I went to the Mun Arch and planted a flag right in front of it (first image).  When going to the tracking station, even with the Flag filter enabled, the planted flag does not show up (second image).

Planted Flag:

Spoiler

4sEQd0U.png

Tracking Station:
tkaEP6A.png

Edited by The Space Peacock

6 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | GPU: Nvidia RTX 4070 | RAM32 GB DDR5

I think this is a missing feature or a bug. What's the point of planting flags if I cannot see / control / switch to them? I wanted to see locations I've visited, but I cannot.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

1. Fly to the celestial body
  2. Find monument or/and place flag
  3. Go to tracking station
  4. Turn on and turn off several times monumet or/and flag filters to make sure, that they didn't appear

Tracking station is not comfortable to be used. I need especially monument filter to work properly so I could easily revisit these locations and collect science with new instruments

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro | CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-13600KF 3.50 GHz | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 | RAM32.0 GB

This is a resubmission of the for some reason archived:

Tested on 0.2.1.0, flags still don't persist, and still don't show up in the tracking station.

Included Attachments:

For me while they don't show up on the map they seem to persist just fine.

I planted one hovering in the air on one of the launch pads (long story, I made a bug report about it a while back) and it was always there on subsequent launches from that pad. Fortunately, no collision.

Edited by mattihase

Not sure if that warrants a separate bug report, but the flags texts are also impossible to read when interacting with it in situ, the only option is to deplant it if an eva kerbal is near.