What is Still Missing?

ArmchairGravy

This is a thread for "basic stuff"  from KSP1 still missing as of .20 implementation of KSP2, and why they should be in the category of "basic stuff".  Please add your missing basic stuff because I know I'm not encountering/remembering them all.

EVA suit head lamps--Space is dark, Kerbals are small, and nothing can be seen in shadow.

Map icons and toggles--I have 6 probes, 2 stations, and 4 missions all with the same vehicle icon. I have no idea when I look at the Tracking Station what is what.  When I try to select a planetary body I end up clicking on one of the satellites, debris, or landed craft instead of the planet because I have no way of toggling the icons out of my way.

Vehicle renaming after launch--I put really unimaginative names on my craft in VAB, and constantly reuse the same blueprints. I now have 6 probes names "SciSat" scattered about. It would be handy to be able to rename them. Yes, I know I can rename them in VAB. No, I never remember to do so.

Edit: Removed vehicle naming. It's just in a different spot now.

Edited by ArmchairGravy

7 minutes ago, ArmchairGravy said:

Vehicle renaming after launch--I put really unimaginative names on my craft in VAB, and constantly reuse the same blueprints. I now have 6 probes names "SciSat" scattered about. It would be handy to be able to rename them. Yes, I know I can rename them in VAB. No, I never remember to do so.

It is possible to rename vehicles in the  Mission Tracking Station.

Maneuver Node Planner Tool--The Maneuver planner does not enable you to plan a maneuver beyond your current orbit. Seriously, how do people create efficiënt rendezvous or encounters with other bodies? I'm seriously lost here, is everybody using mods to do so?

1 hour ago, LoSBoL said:

Maneuver Node Planner Tool--The Maneuver planner does not enable you to plan a maneuver beyond your current orbit. Seriously, how do people create efficiënt rendezvous or encounters with other bodies? I'm seriously lost here, is everybody using mods to do so?

Personally I only care about what PE I've got with the body, and the inclination of the encounter. I make the node for the circularisation burn when I enter the SoI.

9 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

For interplanetary travel I'm currently using https://ksp.olex.biz/ coupled with my eyeballs to roughly estimate when I have a window and how to fly through it.

A big one for me: Research Archives or some form of checklist. I'm constantly gaining little to no science from missions because I've already done all available research for the specific biome, and without KerbNet or something similar I can't scout for a biome I haven't hit yet. I wish they at least made it so the Research Notification only lights up if its an experiment/environment you haven't done yet.

Edited by Flyinpenguin117

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.