Kerbals are recoverable from other planets

Ephraimptgt

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows | CPU: 11th Gen intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz | GPU: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics | RAM16 GB

this bug report is very simple, I've been able to recover kerbals in for science just by walking them out of there landers and recovering them from the tracking station, from Duna to Moho.

Included Attachments:

Edited by Spicat

8 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER | RAM24.0 GB

I had a Kerbal go on EVA from a command chair on a rover that was parked at the Duna monument. I then noticed that the "Recover" option was available. I don't remember if I was in the map view or the tracking station when I clicked it, but it worked and the Kerbal was marked as having been returned to KSC. I got around 3000 science for it.

The Kerbal had initially launched in the command chair, and the rover had been on Duna through three separate play sessions as I drove it to the monument. I think I had gone to Mission Control to claim the Duna Monument prize, and then gone back to the tracking station.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i7 | GPU: Geforce 1080 | RAM12 GB

Frequency: High (have been able to reproduce multiple times)

Severity: Medium (could be considered a cheat of sorts idk)

Issue:

The title kind of sums it up but essentially I had Val on EVA and I noticed that the recover button was present in the tracking station when I went to it. Clicking it brought Val back and I could use her for missions and all that. The Kerbal icon still appeared in the tracking station, however.

This does not include spacewalks. I tested it out and it is only apparent when the Kerbals are out on EVA physically standing on a planet.

All science is included with this recovery as well. If this is some kind of feature that I missed or a setting that I accidentally scanned over, please let me know.

Replication:

Supposedly all you need to do is get a Kerbal out on EVA on a different celestial body then Kerbin and go to the tracking station, where you should be able to click the recover button.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows | CPU: Ryzen 1500X | GPU: AMD Radeon RT-5700XT | RAM16GB

It is possible to do an EVA, go to the tracking station, select the Kerbal, recover with all science collected, and completing any missions without making the actual return trip. I have not checked whether it is necessary to land before doing the EVA and recovering everything, but every time I have done this was after landing.

Included Attachments: