2023 Thread of the year

The KSP forum moderator's team presents the
2023 Thread of the Year

KTdAdJm.png

It's the last day of December 2023, and making such a hard decision with so many good candidates has been challenging. But in the end, there could only be one thread of the year. The choice came down to one thread - and I think you'll find that in this one started by @Entropian in January (2023), this thread impacted many of us within the KSP community.

The thread, "I started playing KSP in 2012. Now, I'm going to go to college for physics and engineering. Here's how KSP has changed the course of my life." may not have generated a lot of comments or followers. Still, it generated a lot of conversation on Discord and other social media platforms where the link was shared. Many of you even sent me Discord DMs and PMs through the forum recommending this for TOTY.

We have all been impacted by Kerbal Space Program in some way. But for @Entropian, KSP changed their future. Within the post, there's a profound statement that has meant a lot to everyone who has read the OP:

Kerbal [Space Program] taught me to love science, spaceflight, and engineering.  It also changed the course of my life immensely.  I will be attending college this year to pursue further education in physics and engineering.  It is my hope that one day I will fulfill my dream of working in astronautics – a dream inspired by Kerbal Space Program.

Here's the thread's post if you've never visited it:

And here's the TOTM where it was initially featured:

Thanks for writing such a tremendous and heartfelt post, @Entropian, and saying what so many of us have come to love the most about this game.

Hey guys and thanks for the TOTY!  I didn't expect anything at all from that thread and I'm happy that people felt moved by it.  I guess it may be time for an update of sorts to that thread...

20 hours ago, Entropian said:

Hey guys and thanks for the TOTY!  I didn't expect anything at all from that thread and I'm happy that people felt moved by it.  I guess it may be time for an update of sorts to that thread...

Well deserved! Congrats!