My second time writing here, but anyways, to the topic.

Another interesting idea I had was if with enough resources you could actually manage to terraform different planets.  I mean, how cool would it be to have a blue Duna, or turning Tylo into a second Kerbin orbiting Jool.  Of course there should be size requirements, such as Gilly literally being an asteroid and Jool being 10x the size of Kerbin, but I think it's a fun idea.

11 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

How many tons of air and water are there in the atmosphere of Kerbin? Good luck manufacturing a fraction of that.

If I learned anything from watching am endless array of lame action movies in the 80s and 90s, it is that all you need to generate anatmosphere are some heated steel rods driven into an iceberg.  If Ah-nold can do it, so can Kerbals.

Hahahahaha!

6 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

If I learned anything from watching am endless array of lame action movies in the 80s and 90s, it is that all you need to generate anatmosphere are some heated steel rods driven into an iceberg.  If Ah-nold can do it, so can Kerbals.

Hahahahaha!

To be fair, at the same time we're talking about a species that's been able to survive more with less, and a species that's found ways to defy physics, such as the kraken drive.  Yes, the Kerbals should definitely be capable of doing it.

I really LOVE terraforming games, but there's no use for it in KSP2. Kerbals don't have to worry about oxygen tanks. They can sit around on an airless moon for decades.

In fact, it's a hindrance. The planets with atmo are the hardest to launch from, really.

That said, if they wanted to, it would be relatively doable. They've got the Aquatic systems already in use. KSP1 has the capacity for intercepting/moving asteroids to planets. You pick an ice asteroid to raise the 'water level', you use a nitrogen asteroid to raise the atmosphere, you use something flammable to raise the temperature.

That and a few unlockable Colony buildings would do it... But the only reason to do it, really, would be if there was some benefit to having terraformed worlds. And, in KSP, there really isn't.

Edited by stephensmat