[1.12.5] TweakScaleRescaled - Scale your parts in the editor

JonnyOThan

Support

You MUST include your ksp.log file with all support requests. These links are for TweakScaleRescaled. DO NOT ask for support on other TweakScale threads.

New Feature Demos

What is this?

TweakScale is a mod that allows you to rescale parts in the vessel editor. All of their stats and properties are affected realistically - tanks contain more fuel, engines get stronger, solar panels produce more power, etc. It's one of KSP's oldest mods and has been maintained by many different people over the years.

I've forked pellinor's version of TweakScale and updated it for modern KSP to provide a simpler and streamlined version. I've paid special attention to the following areas:

User experience

• Improvements to part action window in the editor
    • clicking interval buttons at the ends of the ranges works better
    • can now drag the slider smoothly
    • Toggle for scaling changes to affect the entire subtree
    • Toggle for matching node sizes when attaching parts
    • Numeric entry (click #) is now supported
    • Option to display the effects of scaling on the part's stats
  • Scaling construction mode gizmo akin to offset and rotate (press 5 in the editor)
  • New "match node size" feature to auto-scale parts when attaching nodes to each other
  • All parts are supported with reasonable defaults unless they opt-out or match certain filters to trap known issues (AllTweak will still override this and enable everything)
  • Scaling docking ports is supported
  • Reduced dependencies to only ModuleManager and Harmony
  • Optimized for better performance
    • better loading time to main menu
    • better switch-to-editor time
    • scaling a part is more responsive
    • less performance impact in flight scene
    • better save/load performance
  • Less intrusive and more targeted validation system (TweakScaleSafetyNet)

Robustness

• fixed part attachments and mass/cost scaling when variants or B9PartSwitch are involved
  • scaling engine effects (stock, waterfall, realplume, smokescreen, etc) works correctly
  • Craft files and saved games no longer break from changes in TweakScale configs
  • More resilient to problems caused by missing dependencies, problems with other mods, and incorrect installations
  • Copying part subtrees, subassemblies, load-merging all work properly
  • Made it easier to add or customize TweakScale support for other mods
  • Scaled parts work correctly with EVA construction
  • Compatible with many fuel-switching mods:
    • B9PartSwitch
    • ModularFuelTanks
    • InterstellarFuelSwitch
    • SimpleFuelSwitch
    • Firespitter
    • Universal Storage 2
    • Configurable Containers

Why not work to improve the current TweakScale?

The gist of it is: it would take far more energy than I have. If I believed this option was possible, I would do it (because usually, this is the best option).

However, TweakScaleRescaled (this fork) is licensed CC-BY-NC-SA. Its code may be used by anyone else provided they abide by the license terms. Pull requests are also welcome from anyone who wants to contribute.

Compatibilty

Backwards compatibility is a core goal of TweakScaleRescaled. Existing craft files, saved games, configs, and mods that depend on Scale_Redist should work seamlessly if you change to TweakScaleRescaled.

However, ongoing interoperability with other versions of TweakScale is not a goal. I will make a reasonable effort to support it where it's easy. In order to make the improvements necessary, data structures and assumptions have to be altered in ways that are difficult to reverse.

TweakScaleRescaled should just work with almost all stock or modded parts. It includes the stock and mod-support patches that were written by the previous authors (updated as necessary). There's also a new patching system based on heuristics that will apply to all other parts unless they opt out or are blocked by filters for things that are known to break.

Only KSP 1.12 is supported. Other versions 1.8-1.11 may work but have not been tested and are not a priority.

Dependencies

• ModuleManager
  • Harmony
  • KSP Community Fixes is recommended to address stock bugs that become more apparent when using TweakScale

License Info

History

1. TweakScale was originally created by Gaius Goodspeed under CC-BY-NC-SA.
  2. Biotronic took over and relicensed it as WTFPL
  3. pellinor adopted it and kept the WTFPL license.
  4. TweakScaleRescaled is based off of pellinor's version, and is once again licensed as CC-BY-NC-SA.

Download

Installation Instructions

1. Remove any previous version of TweakScale and KSP Recall.
  2. Install the contents of the GameData folder in the zip file into your GameData folder.
  3. Install Harmony and ModuleManger - CKAN is recommended for those.
Edited by JonnyOThan

Congrats, Jonny. You're a testament to the greatness of the KSP community! :D

For the reference of CKAN users out there who may have previously had mods like FAR (Ferram Aerospace), Photon Sailor or Infernal RO-Robotics installed, and now want to install TweakScaleRescaled, CKAN will throw up an incompatibility issue due to the already installed TweakScale-Redist dependency conflicting with TweakScaleRescaled-Redist.

CIWVi1G.png

In this case, before installing TweakScaleRescaled, uninstall TweakScale-Redist and install TweakScaleRescaled-Redist, all in one go, by unticking and ticking them, respectively, and then clicking apply:

7zU95IM.png

Once replaced, you can go and install TweakScaleRescaled without issue:

eI2qWf9.png

----

Happy scaling! :D 

Edited by Poodmund

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot find this mod on CKAN. It's looking amazing and I want it, I'm just a bit concerned that without CKAN things will get messed up as I have many other mods installed...

13 minutes ago, Yagron said:

Hello, I must be doing something wrong, but I cannot find this mod on CKAN. It's looking amazing and I want it, I'm just a bit concerned that without CKAN things will get messed up as I have many other mods installed...

It's there for me. Just search for "Tweakscale". Also click the refresh button to make sure your CKAN mod catalog is up to date.

Spoiler

XqzJXlS.png

4 minutes ago, Yagron said:

I should be seeing it if I have just 1.12 selected in CKAN, right?

You shouldn’t need any special kind of compatibility settings. Do you need to hit refresh maybe?

Refresh gives me "Failed to connect to repository. Exception: `any_of` should not be combined with other properties" error message so I think we found the culprit, only need to solve it somehow now. Apparently I shouldn't dismiss popup windows without reading them.....

5 minutes ago, Yagron said:

Refresh gives me "Failed to connect to repository. Exception: `any_of` should not be combined with other properties" error message so I think we found the culprit, only need to solve it somehow now. Apparently I shouldn't dismiss popup windows without reading them.....

That was fixed in CKAN v1.31.0 (July 2022). Try updating your CKAN.

Edited by HebaruSan

1 hour ago, AbsolutelyNotKirrim said:

Stupid question, does TweakScaleRescaled need the TweakScale companion program? (or are all the configs built-in)

It is not compatible with the companion program.  All mod support is built in.

4 hours ago, Jetroe said:

It seems this doesn’t work with airplanes plus, any help? I’d rather not use the regular tweakscale as this is much better

Well, what happens?

19 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Well, what happens?

If you try to click on the cockpits it just shows a small transparent sliver of the tweakables menu in the editor and then you can’t right click anything else unless you leave the sph

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Jetroe said:

If you try to click on the cockpits it just shows a small transparent sliver of the tweakables menu in the editor and then you can’t right click anything else unless you leave the sph

Please post your KSP.log file somewhere.  Discord or github would be ideal.  There are links in the OP.

Edited by JonnyOThan

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Will the All Tweak mod for the original TweakScale work with this mod?

It should!

However - TweakScale-Rescaled operates mostly on an opt-out basis.  It applies heuristics to parts and should work pretty well for anything that is set up similar to stock parts.  There are a number of parts that are excluded (robotics, among others) because they don't work properly when scaled.  All Tweak will override these and allow you to scale *everything* - but of course you will likely to run into problems with those parts that had been excluded.

Edited by JonnyOThan

On 3/20/2024 at 5:26 PM, Jetroe said:

This doesn't happen for me.  You need to post your logs if you want this to get fixed.

Any way to get SquadExpansion and MakingHistory engines to be compatible? I tried installing  "Tweakscale Configs for Making History by JedTech" (made defunct by 1.12.5 on Ckan) and that seemed to make them compatible. I'm not a mod developer, but I assume a fork of that mod would be the best solution.

Also, I am unable to resize certain stock engines, such as the Spark, Puff, Separatron, and others. (I have realfuels so im guessing there's no/limited compatibility) It seems Rescale Everything is incompatible with Rescaled.

Log on discord

Edited by Mr_Memetic

14 hours ago, Mr_Memetic said:

Any way to get SquadExpansion and MakingHistory engines to be compatible? I tried installing  "Tweakscale Configs for Making History by JedTech" (made defunct by 1.12.5 on Ckan) and that seemed to make them compatible. I'm not a mod developer, but I assume a fork of that mod would be the best solution.

Also, I am unable to resize certain stock engines, such as the Spark, Puff, Separatron, and others. (I have realfuels so im guessing there's no/limited compatibility) It seems Rescale Everything is incompatible with Rescaled.

Log on discord

You have realfuels installed, which disables Tweakscale because it cannot affect engine stats accurately. Tweakscale rescaled works out of the box with all of those engines without realfuels.

Posted (edited)

TweakScale Rescaled 3.2.3 is now available!

Changes since previous version

• Fixed a bug where the part action window would become unusable after right-clicking certain parts
  • Fixed "match node size" for Making History KV pod top nodes
  • Fixed "match node size" for Making History Kodiak engine
Edited by JonnyOThan