possible to get a KSS copy?

yes, i know it's been, what, 5 years? but today i've been on a search to find an available copy and as far as i got was the github download page which turned out to be terminated, and someone in the universe has to have a copy of the mod.

so uh yeah i'll check in next month

(also KSS as in kerbal star systems if you didn't catch on)

As the author explained here, it was taken down and replaced by Galaxies Unbound:

As the author then explained here, Galaxies Unbound itself was taken down and is planned to be replaced by Kerbal Star Systems 2:

Kerbal Star Systems 2 has a thread here, but as yet there is no download:

So going by official channels, nothing is currently available to download, but there is an archived copy of Galaxies Unbound here that I think some people have been using:

On 3/21/2024 at 8:09 PM, HebaruSan said:

As the author explained here, it was taken down and replaced by Galaxies Unbound:

As the author then explained here, Galaxies Unbound itself was taken down and is planned to be replaced by Kerbal Star Systems 2:

Kerbal Star Systems 2 has a thread here, but as yet there is no download:

So going by official channels, nothing is currently available to download, but there is an archived copy of Galaxies Unbound here that I think some people have been using:

the archived version will be taken  down soon. They're put there against my wishes.

On 3/21/2024 at 7:50 PM, spacegamer7 said:

yes, i know it's been, what, 5 years? but today i've been on a search to find an available copy and as far as i got was the github download page which turned out to be terminated, and someone in the universe has to have a copy of the mod.

so uh yeah i'll check in next month

(also KSS as in kerbal star systems if you didn't catch on)

I requested that the original KSS would not longer be redistributed. Please respect this.

I think the hard lesson of experience here is that if you're looking forward to KSS2, then once it is out, it would be wise to make your own backup copies of it before it also becomes unavailable.

37 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

the archived version will be taken  down soon. They're put there against my wishes.

As one of the people who would normally field such requests, I have heard nothing about this. Did you contact someone about it already? If so, could you please tell me whom, so I can make sure it's someone who can actually follow through?

Side note, the license for GU is:

RxAQHj3.png

... and the archived files are attributed to you, non-commercial, and unmodified from the originals. May I ask what you feel is objectionable about them?

Edited by HebaruSan

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I think the hard lesson of experience here is that if you're looking forward to KSS2, then once it is out, it would be wise to make your own backup copies of it before it also becomes unavailable.

As one of the people who would normally field such requests, I have heard nothing about this. Did you contact someone about it already? If so, could you please tell me whom, so I can make sure it's someone who can actually follow through?

Side note, the license for GU is:

RxAQHj3.png

... and the archived files are attributed to you, non-commercial, and unmodified from the originals. May I ask what you feel is objectionable about them?

I contacted the administrators of the site and filed a claim. They promised me it will be taken down.

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I contacted the administrators of the site and filed a claim. They promised me it will be taken down.

I see, good to know. It'll be interesting to see whether they do any follow-up to check whether the claim is valid. If they go by the license, they may decide to refuse the request. If that happens, let us know and we can use @techman83's API key to delete them.

I guess this also puts fans of GU on notice to grab those archived versions while they still can!