Dreamliners Site Expansion for KSRSS

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 10:38 PM, bacontornado said:

Any update or new insights on the underground/underwater issue? I have @ballisticfox0 's Earth UHD 64k and I'm still running into it. 

im not sure about why its doing that, I'd reinstall all the dependencies 

11 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Any chance for an Edwards AFB to land the shuttle at?

believe theirs already a mod for that for ksrss, ill try to find it 

4 hours ago, Dreamliner said:

believe theirs already a mod for that for ksrss, ill try to find it 

I had done a google search but only really saw one for RSS, not sure if that can work in KSRSS

Edit: Also I don't know what causes it, but sometimes the launch pads can't be selected with KCT. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by Spike88

On 6/14/2024 at 6:31 PM, Spike88 said:

I had done a google search but only really saw one for RSS, not sure if that can work in KSRSS

Edit: Also I don't know what causes it, but sometimes the launch pads can't be selected with KCT. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

weird havent tested also here is Baikonur :] https://github.com/kochiBR/katniss-baikonour-for-KSRSS 

5 minutes ago, Dreamliner said:

weird havent tested also here is Baikonur :] https://github.com/kochiBR/katniss-baikonour-for-KSRSS 

I had found Baikonour already in the Katniss Canaveral topic, but thank you!

I realized the fix for the pads not showing up for launch in KCT is just a matter of using KSCSwitcher to switch to any launch site and then all your Dreamliner pads will propagate, what's weird is that the Baikonour pads and the Cape Canaveral pads show up just fine, while yours don't until using KSCSwitcher.

On the Edwards front I did find MTE and STS. I'm not sure what I need to do to get MTE to work, and using STS causes the KSCSwitcher Vandenburg to go under the ground and your Vandenburg to float.

I have decided to make a submod to your mod about Historical launch sites/landing areas. I am going to start with White Sands Missile Range(namely the V2 launch pad and the shuttle landing runways). I plan on adding Edwards, Ellington, and Langley Research Center(mostly the Langley AFB).

yVcjBBz.png

The Retro Update

Update III

Explore the wonders of 1959-1998 with the new retro update!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this update includes

-Old Kourou

-Old Vandenberg

*NEW to both configs -Langley Airforce base

*NEW to both configs -White Sands Test range

-Old Wallops

*NEW to both configs -Edwards Airforce base

-Old Woomera

[Go to the First Post to see pictures!]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted (edited)

Update IV
the TAL update

this update includes all 15 TAL site for Space Shuttle trans-Atlantic aborts

NEW DEPENDENCY Katniss Cape Canaveral

kmjq0Jj.png

Edited by Dreamliner

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Landing Shuttle at Cologne.  Wait, which shuttle is that?...   (noticed one of the runways at the Cologne Bonn site is raised a bit)

4EaU3hx.png36ex6jg.png

yeah I hit them all in 12 hours lol so minor goof ball errors are a little to be expected, will do little second qa pass when I get the time, Also sick buran! always love to see how players use the mod :D

45 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Landing Shuttle at Cologne.  Wait, which shuttle is that?...   (noticed one of the runways at the Cologne Bonn site is raised a bit)

4EaU3hx.png36ex6jg.png

ALSO your missing katniss Kcc for the acutal shuttle runway lol 

I reccomend getting this copy of it, if you dont want the configs I think just not putting anything in the instances folder will do the trick 

https://github.com/Truthfulll/KatnisssCapeCanaveral-KSRSS

I realized I never stated that anywhere so now I put it in all the posts, not your B, my B lol

Edited by Dreamliner

• 3 weeks later...

@Dreamliner Thanks for making Site Expansion. I understand that it requires the UHD version of KSRSS.

UHD has a glitch with flickering water at shallow coastlines due to z-fighting interaction between UHD terrain and Scatterer waves. It's especially noticeable during launches from the cape looking towards the Caribbean while higher than 10km. All the greenish water around islands blinks in thin stripes. @ballisticfox0confirmed it's a known issue with UHD.

Dreamliner, do you get the same flickering with UHD or have you somehow found a workaround you can share?

17 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

@Dreamliner Thanks for making Site Expansion. I understand that it requires the UHD version of KSRSS.

UHD has a glitch with flickering water at shallow coastlines due to z-fighting interaction between UHD terrain and Scatterer waves. It's especially noticeable during launches from the cape looking towards the Caribbean while higher than 10km. All the greenish water around islands blinks in thin stripes. @ballisticfox0confirmed it's a known issue with UHD.

Dreamliner, do you get the same flickering with UHD or have you somehow found a workaround you can share?

Not sure, ill be checking next time I do a launch from the cape, will update you

screenshot198.png?ex=668fcb45&is=668e79c

ELA-4 got a small update fyi folks

@Dreamliner I see the statics on the ground but many sites default back to the KSC launchpad when I click the launch button. The screenshot below shows some data about one of the problem sites:

• I selected Vandenberg SLC-1E in the KK Launchsite Selector, but when I click the VAB launch button my rocket ends up on the default KSC pad in Florida.
  • If I land a plane near Vandenberg and ctrl-K the KK interface looks good. I did a minor edit and resave of the site to try tricking KK but it made no difference.
  • The sites added by Katniss Cape Canaveral are mostly working (I only tested some), your TAL runways are mostly working, but the only Site Expansion retro site that I found working is White Sands.
  • The dropdown list of sites beneath the launch button is missing the non-launchable sites. The KK Launchsite Selector shows one list of sites while the Launch button has a much shorter list. I've seen that variance before with other KK mods but don't understand what triggers it.

I can't find an obvious error but here are some thoughts:

• Missing dependency? I think I have them all.
  • Install error? I installed all your retro sites using a single batch copy operation. White Sands is working while others from that same file copy are not.
  • Does this folder example look correct? "GameData\DreamLinersSiteExpansion\Instances\DLSEretro\Vandenberg Air Force Base" with all the cfgs for a site inside that final folder. Should it be "Instances" with an S on the end?
  • Have I hit a KK limit by having too many open launch sites?
  • I'm getting some null refs in my log but doesn't seem connected to KK.
  • Within the log file, when I pick a KK site ("setLaunchSite") that works correctly further GetLaunchSiteByName lines return the correct site name. If a pick a broken site GetLaunchSiteByName immediately returns back to LaunchPad without an error. The spoiler text shows more info about it.
Spoiler

White Sands is working correctly:

[LOG 20:35:11.143] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] setLaunchSite: Setting LaunchSite to White Sands Complex 33
[LOG 20:36:30.338] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetLaunchSiteByName: found LS: White Sands Complex 33
<lots of snipping for brevity>
[LOG 20:36:30.339] [Pre-Flight Check]: All Checks Complete. Go for Launch!
[LOG 20:36:30.339] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetLaunchSiteByName: found LS: White Sands Complex 33
[LOG 20:36:30.359] Launching vessel from White Sands Complex 33. Craft file: C:\Users\jvspe\Desktop\KSRSS UHD BDB dev\saves\default\Ships\VAB\/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

Vandenberg and many others are not working:

[LOG 20:37:32.475] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] setLaunchSite: Setting LaunchSite to Vandenberg SLC-6
[LOG 20:37:48.053] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetLaunchSiteByName: found LS: LaunchPad
[LOG 20:37:48.053] [Pre-Flight Check]: All Checks Complete. Go for Launch!
[LOG 20:37:48.053] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetLaunchSiteByName: found LS: LaunchPad
[LOG 20:37:48.133] Launching vessel from LaunchPad. Craft file: C:\Users\jvspe\Desktop\KSRSS UHD BDB dev\saves\default\Ships\VAB\/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

Log. I started KSP, entered VAB, tried launching from Wallops (broken), White Sands (good), Vandenberg (broken). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iz3_2lf2TiF7hBOKF8An9cW3n1q0sHQF/view?usp=sharing

8peIvkm.jpg

Edited by DeadJohn
added log link

On 7/16/2024 at 9:19 PM, DeadJohn said:

@Dreamliner I see the statics on the ground but many sites default back to the KSC launchpad when I click the launch button. The screenshot below shows some data about one of the problem sites:

• I selected Vandenberg SLC-1E in the KK Launchsite Selector, but when I click the VAB launch button my rocket ends up on the default KSC pad in Florida.
  • If I land a plane near Vandenberg and ctrl-K the KK interface looks good. I did a minor edit and resave of the site to try tricking KK but it made no difference.
  • The sites added by Katniss Cape Canaveral are mostly working (I only tested some), your TAL runways are mostly working, but the only Site Expansion retro site that I found working is White Sands.
  • The dropdown list of sites beneath the launch button is missing the non-launchable sites. The KK Launchsite Selector shows one list of sites while the Launch button has a much shorter list. I've seen that variance before with other KK mods but don't understand what triggers it.

• Install error? I installed all your retro sites using a single batch copy operation. White Sands is working while others from that same file copy are not.
  • Does this folder example look correct? "GameData\DreamLinersSiteExpansion\Instances\DLSEretro\Vandenberg Air Force Base" with all the cfgs for a site inside that final folder. Should it be "Instances" with an S on the end?
  • Within the log file, when I pick a KK site ("setLaunchSite") that works correctly further GetLaunchSiteByName lines return the correct site name. If a pick a broken site GetLaunchSiteByName immediately returns back to LaunchPad without an error. The spoiler text shows more info about it.
  Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 20:35:11.143] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] setLaunchSite: Setting LaunchSite to White Sands Complex 33
[LOG 20:36:30.338] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetLaunchSiteByName: found LS: White Sands Complex 33
[LOG 20:36:30.339] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] GetLaunchSiteByName: found LS: White Sands Complex 33
[LOG 20:36:30.359] Launching vessel from White Sands Complex 33. Craft file: C:\Users\jvspe\Desktop\KSRSS UHD BDB dev\saves\default\Ships\VAB\/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

[LOG 20:37:32.475] KK: [LaunchSiteManager] setLaunchSite: Setting LaunchSite to Vandenberg SLC-6
[LOG 20:37:48.133] Launching vessel from LaunchPad. Craft file: C:\Users\jvspe\Desktop\KSRSS UHD BDB dev\saves\default\Ships\VAB\/Auto-Saved Ship.craft

Log. I started KSP, entered VAB, tried launching from Wallops (broken), White Sands (good), Vandenberg (broken). https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iz3_2lf2TiF7hBOKF8An9cW3n1q0sHQF/view?usp=sharing

8peIvkm.jpg

Id suggest reinstalling DLSE and its dependencies and KK for good measure, also having all launch sites / runways, set to [open] by default sometimes bugs kk out so that could also be it, let me know if this fixed it or not, thanks

On 7/16/2024 at 9:19 PM, DeadJohn said:

Hide contents

8peIvkm.jpg

also as for the log id suggest sending that to the folks at #modding in the r/ksp discord server, they'll be able to read that log way better than me 

qui

On 7/22/2024 at 9:41 PM, NateDaBeast said:

There is a slight issue with the Tanegashima Space Center. I am not seeing any of the towers.

VO15Bb8.jpeg

quick note please DO NOT change where your space center is, please set it to a really obscure not near any locations, thats 100% why your pads are floating here, as for the towers do you have all the dependencies installed? reinstalling all of them would be my first guess to fix it, check here to see them https://github.com/lsamman/Dreamliners-Site-Expansion thanks for reaching out!

6 hours ago, Dreamliner said:

qui

quick note please DO NOT change where your space center is, please set it to a really obscure not near any locations, thats 100% why your pads are floating here, as for the towers do you have all the dependencies installed? reinstalling all of them would be my first guess to fix it, check here to see them https://github.com/lsamman/Dreamliners-Site-Expansion thanks for reaching out!

Did the first thing you mentioned and pads are no longer floating, thanks. 

Regarding dependencies, I believe I have all of them but the way the dependencies are formatted I might be missing one? I am assuming "Starship Ground Extensions" is one, but I cannot find anything titled that. If you could provide some links it would be much appreciated.

13 hours ago, NateDaBeast said:

Did the first thing you mentioned and pads are no longer floating, thanks. 

Regarding dependencies, I believe I have all of them but the way the dependencies are formatted I might be missing one? I am assuming "Starship Ground Extensions" is one, but I cannot find anything titled that. If you could provide some links it would be much appreciated.

Thanks great!, as for the towers it seems I once again forgot a dependency  my bad! sorry about that, the mod you'll need is this one https://spacedock.info/mod/3238/KSC Floodlights Mk2 

I am doing a fresh KSP install because I wanted to incorporate this mod. Currently I am still in the early stages, with just the bare bones installed. I have KSRSS Reborn and its dependencies, and this mod with the prerequisites and dependencies as listed. Upon booting up I am getting an error message saying that Kopernicus can not load. I backed out the mods one by one and the conflict lays with EarthUHD. Does anyone have a quick fix for this Kopernicus/EarthUHD conflict?

I can provide logs if that will help. Thank you.

31 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I am doing a fresh KSP install because I wanted to incorporate this mod. Currently I am still in the early stages, with just the bare bones installed. I have KSRSS Reborn and its dependencies, and this mod with the prerequisites and dependencies as listed. Upon booting up I am getting an error message saying that Kopernicus can not load. I backed out the mods one by one and the conflict lays with EarthUHD. Does anyone have a quick fix for this Kopernicus/EarthUHD conflict?

I can provide logs if that will help. Thank you.

make sure you have the rss-textures also required for earth uhd also try installing ballisticfox's Kopernicus and see if that helps https://github.com/ballisticfox/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-9F

3 hours ago, Dreamliner said:

make sure you have the rss-textures also required for earth uhd also try installing ballisticfox's Kopernicus and see if that helps https://github.com/ballisticfox/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-9F

Thanks! I finally got it. It wasn't entirely clear from the instructions on how to install everything, but it finally worked out. Great work! I am using the Retro model and Vandenberg looks amazing. If you are in the mood for it, how about Johnston Island Air Force Base? Thor flights were launched out of there historically (none orbital), but several alternate history buffs have speculated that it would be a perfect location from which to launch classified manned military space missions. Just a thought...