Any ideas how I can connect the living spaces on my station?

J534

11 hours ago, J534 said:

I got connected living spaces and wondering if anyone can think of any ways to connect the living spaces on my station?

Station pic

Not without deorbiting the whole thing and redesigning it from the ground up, while paying attention to the Connected Living Spaces indicators in the VAB/SPH

If that sounds harsh, I'm sorry, its not intended to be, but that's the only fix in your case. 

Edited by Grenartia

49 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

How do you want to connect them? You should be able to move kerbals between them as-is with the r-click menus. 

The OP is using a mod that disables those menus unless there is an uninterrupted part-to-part connection consisting of crew-friendly volumes, through which the Kerbal could conceivably pass.

My solution would be to go on EVA as needed.

Edited by HebaruSan

18 hours ago, Grenartia said:

Not without deorbiting the whole thing and redesigning it from the ground up, while paying attention to the Connected Living Spaces indicators in the VAB/SPH

If that sounds harsh, I'm sorry, its not intended to be, but that's the only fix in your case. 

Space is a harsh place. Figured I might have to do that

By default radially attached parts aren't passable. In the VAB in the CLS menu there is an "Enable Optional Passable Parts" option. You have to select CLS: Attachable Surface  on the station part. or CLS: Surface attachable on the docking port. I don't know if you need both selected for it to work. The parts from SSPX have these selected by default, but only if "Enable Optional Passable Parts" is enabled.  Stock science lab or hitchhiker don't have these selected by default.  If you are using Ship Manifest there are options for crew transfers to ignore CLS, but the living spaces will still be disconnected for calculating Hab space with life support mods.

Edited by Strubinator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.