Feedback.

Devblaze

1 hour ago, Devblaze said:

Starting to like Take-Two more than the moderators on the forums here.

They're working hard to make sure no one will post anything anymore, yes. Everything gets removed or locked. It is true ofc, that the cleanest forum is one where no one post. So with that in mind, they're doing a fantastic job :D

1 hour ago, Devblaze said:

Starting to like Take-Two more than the moderators on the forums here.

I really feel for the moderators right now. They're in a rough spot. It's completely understandable that people are angry about how KSP2 has played out so Im not surprised that gets vented on the forum. They aren't closing discussions down because folks are complaining. Folks have every right to vent at T2 or the Devs or whoever. They're closing threads because forum members are directing their anger at each other, and some threads just seem not to be able to proceed without that happening. 

52 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

I really feel for the moderators right now. They're in a rough spot. It's completely understandable that people are angry about how KSP2 has played out so Im not surprised that gets vented on the forum. They aren't closing discussions down because folks are complaining. Folks have every right to vent at T2 or the Devs or whoever. They're closing threads because forum members are directing their anger at each other, and some threads just seem not to be able to proceed without that happening. 

This is such an easy outing for them to point too as well, but I think the moderation might be a bit too stringent. From what I've seen, most users aren't engaging in outright hostility. Mostly they're having spirited debates and yes, I do admit I have seen one using language like "stupid" or "dumb", and yes directed at people. 

It's just so funny to me how people get so pressed about stuff like that? It's not even a personal attack for the most part, they're just expressing frustration and trying to prove a point rather than there being any real personal attacks.

The mods just seem to be tightening the reins too much and it's stifled any venting.

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

I really feel for the moderators right now. They're in a rough spot.

They're also without a boss apparently, so they're the only, highest authority in the forum currently as it seems.

If a user says A, and another user asks for source of A, it shouldn't be off topic, and it specially shouldn't end in messages deleted where only the claim A remains. That's just a recipe for a madhouse of unsourced misinformation and conjecture.

1 hour ago, PDCWolf said:

They're also without a boss apparently, so they're the only, highest authority in the forum currently as it seems.

The lack of transparency about the hand-off of responsibilities for the forum is a big concern for me that I hope the mods (or someone within T2) can address to us all. These messages yesterday from Dakota particularly worry me:

"i've poked a whole bunch of people about the forum issues. not much more i can do at this point :/"

"the importance of the forums has been explained thoroughly to those who would make decisions about it. it's ultimately up to them."

So, it sounds like the forums are at the mercy of T2. Do the mods have a contact that they can reliably communicate with to resolve issues such as outages? What about the upcoming reorganization of topics - will that be seen through now that Dakota is off the job after this week? It sure sounds like this site will not be a priority for T2  and therefore will eventually be at a higher risk of outages and (at worst) loss of over a decade's worth of critical information. So my main question is - how are these concerns being address by T2 and the forum mods?

Edited by RileyHef

1 hour ago, RileyHef said:

The lack of transparency about the hand-off of responsibilities for the forum is a big concern for me that I hope the mods (or someone within T2) can address to us all. These messages yesterday from Dakota particularly worry me:

"i've poked a whole bunch of people about the forum issues. not much more i can do at this point :/"

"the importance of the forums has been explained thoroughly to those who would make decisions about it. it's ultimately up to them."

So, it sounds like the forums are at the mercy of T2. Do the mods have a contact that they can reliably communicate with to resolve issues such as outages? What about the upcoming reorganization of topics - will that be seen through now that Dakota is off the job after this week? It sure sounds like this site will not be a priority for T2  and therefore will eventually be at a higher risk of outages and (at worst) loss of over a decade's worth of critical information. So my main question is - how are these concerns being address by T2 and the forum mods?

Can't read discord links without joining the server, which I outright refuse to do.

As for the forums, they're one of those things where they're kinda under the idle costs of maintaining the product up... except there's no product now and as far as forums themselves go... there's not much reason for them to exist if right now (outside of the "reasons" we as community members can conjure). I'm sure if there's a single person knowledgeable up in there, they've already suggested all the free options like a Discord (though it'd require staff) or stuffing whoever is left into Steam discussions, since that can be free and just handed off to already existing steam-side staff without much extra overhead.

"The importance of the forums" probably means the small/middle size riot that would come from this forum just outright disappearing, given it hosts the modding community for KSP1, which is currently the best offering the franchise has. What remains to be seen is if they care about the negative image, now that there's 300 (from the community poll) people left in these forums and about 5 to 10k playing KSP1 amongst all versions out there. Depending on how much keeping the forums up and staffed costs (I know they don't pay the mods, but at the time T2 has no official presence here when normally they'd be paying CMs), that again might not be worth it.

I don't see any winning scenario for the forums if KSP2 finishes going under, unless it's stupidly cheap to keep them hosted (and that still loses to moving to free platforms like Discord and Steam)... which is probably what's behind the 502s, since 502s are the upstream failing to communicate with the gateways...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.