Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

After a few years of preparation, Venturer VNT-050 set out on a 10 month mission to Duna, carrying 5 crew (Kirlin, Buzz, Rodbald, Luner, and Edory Kerman). Today, she returned home victorious from the most complicated mission to another world as of yet.

zg577Ta.jpg

And she did so with plenty of fuel to spare. Plans are being considered for a trip to Jool with this ship and another lander vehicle (I left the original lander around Ike in order to help preserve fuel, but I didn't need to do that at all). Dres is another potential target, but at this rate, it may be time for a Grand Tour attempt...

The newly developed launch system worked decently and the upper stages all worked well.

Two out of three objectives successful, dockable fuel tank and a com satellite are in Minimus orbit.

Unfortunately a miscalculation in the probe lander design meant that it ran out of fuel during decent and crashed. Before being destroyed the probe did manage to send back some viable environmental data to Kerbin via MinComSat1

bn6Wm1q.jpg

iUoyRQ7.jpg

MkQVqtz.jpg

lStRpLD.jpg

H3twZah.jpg

qUVYTmb.jpg

HaZz2Vx.jpg

DzXPVwd.jpg

HKxr1Y9.jpg

P.S. Couldn't figure out how to post the embedded imgur album, event with the tags, grrr... :confused:

In the first Apollo J-class mission, an upgraded Munar Excursion Module descends toward the surface bearing new equipment...

MdWk86O.png

IKHtM3t.png

A rover is carried on the starboard side, while a deployable instrument and communications platform is mounted to port.

nFCN21k.png

The rover provides the crew with unprecedented mobility on the surface, allowing them to range upwards of 20km from the landing site.

ERscgCw.png

Three days later, the MEM Ascent Stage returns Bill and Bob to the orbiting CSM.

3fL4vmc.png

lxLK7JZ.png

The Descent Stage remains at the landing site, a lonely monument to Kerbal exploration.

HU5NT0x.png

MTLc2pU.png

Edited by RoboRay

Mapping lander approaching KSC from the north after it left its polar orbit at the end of its mission.

r66J6Qy.jpg

After soft touchdown at 0.5 m/s...

XL8FJuB.jpg

In the first Apollo J-class mission, an upgraded Munar Excursion Module descends toward the surface bearing new equipment...

A rover is carried on the starboard side, while a deployable instrument and communications platform is mounted to port.

The rover provides the crew with unprecedented mobility on the surface, allowing them to range upwards of 20km from the landing site.

Three days later, the MEM Ascent Stage returns Bill and Bob to the orbiting CSM.

The Descent Stage remains at the landing site, a lonely monument to Kerbal exploration.

Wow, this is a beautiful Excursion Module...

Edited by el_coyoto
words

*snip*

An excellent mission log with some awesome designs! :D

KSP_Arro_Skydart2A_Landing_zps28559706.jpg

Fredwin Kerbal becomes the first Kerbonaut to dock the Arro Skydart 2A SSTO to Space Station Beta and return to the Cape. (Admittedly I he botched the re-entry computation, overshot KSC by 30km, had to take a direct approach to runway 27, and dead-sticked the last 10km because he ran out of jet fuel... but the bird's down and intact, so I'll take what I can get.)

-- Steve

An excellent mission log with some awesome designs! :D

Wow, this is a beautiful Excursion Module...

Thanks. I was going for an exact functional equivalent to the Apollo 15, 16 and 17 "J" missions, The hardest part was actually getting it all to fit in the 3.5m fairings between the CSM and S-IVB...

29McI9h.png

So I've done a couple cool things. I had that little Mun lander on the other page, and I sent out two probe-based missions to the furthest reaches of the kerbolar system. The first was the Icarus Project's PX-500 Sundiver Probe, Meant to go to Moho, then fly into the sun. It's in orbit around Moho right now, and I'll launch it into the sun later.

{snip}

what parts pack are these fins from?