Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

No idea at all, last I checked NuFar was still in development?

To be clear on RoverDude's behalf, nuFar is still very much an unfinished work. It's hard enough to shoot a moving mod target, let alone mod developers trying to create a spanking new simulation engine. I would anticipate any kind of compatibility verification for most mods (B9/etc) would have to wait until FAR devs are confident and have got their system pretty well settled and released.

While you're in there, can you take a look at the FSfuelswitch? I'm using an older cfg file from Atomic Age, and it's pretty buggy. You can switch a tank to LF only in the VAB, but upon launch it now has the new value of LF, plus the original amount of oxidizer. If you revert to VAB you can manually remove the oxidizer and relaunch and it's fine in the numbers, but still shows the empty oxidizer value. So it's not broke, but something is off somewhere :)

I'm not sure that is a firespitter issue. IIRC the atomic age patch is adding FSfuelswitch to stock tanks but is not deleting the default resources. I don't know if Porkjet updated the patch but when it was originally released it did not delete the LF and OX resources which is why the OX reappears on scene changes. This could be fixed by adding lines to the MM patch to delete the LF and OX resources.

:o omg you've updated it already! I'm wondering if it is possible to add the texturereplacer option to fairings-there is a high need in more than one fairing texture. ;P

I experimented with this option but had not much luck.

I'm not sure that is a firespitter issue. IIRC the atomic age patch is adding FSfuelswitch to stock tanks but is not deleting the default resources. I don't know if Porkjet updated the patch but when it was originally released it did not delete the LF and OX resources which is why the OX reappears on scene changes. This could be fixed by adding lines to the MM patch to delete the LF and OX resources.

Yea I wondered if it was indeed FS or just the cfg file, but I took at look at the DLL and 7.1.1 is missing "private void updateResourcePersistence ();" in the code. The older versions have that, and I'm guessing that's why it's not actually remembering what the changes were in the VAB.

Of course I know how to open a DLL and look at that kind of stuff, but I have no clue how to make that change to the source code and recompile to test it :)

Yea I wondered if it was indeed FS or just the cfg file, but I took at look at the DLL and 7.1.1 is missing "private void updateResourcePersistence ();" in the code. The older versions have that, and I'm guessing that's why it's not actually remembering what the changes were in the VAB.

Of course I know how to open a DLL and look at that kind of stuff, but I have no clue how to make that change to the source code and recompile to test it :)

i took about a 2 month break so it's possible I missed something but I think the fix to the Atomic Age issue was to add something similar to (warning MM Kung Fu is rusty):

!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}

This would remove the "stock" values from the tanks being modified. If you look at mods that use FSfuelswitch they don't also define the resources being handled by FSfuelswitch. Which is what was happening when the MM patch added the FS module to the stock fuel tanks.

Edited by Tarheel1999
Updated MM code

Mind if I roll some of those changes back in? Will save me a bit of legwork :)

Go ahead, the License allows it. Just mentioning me some somewhere in the credits would be appreciated ;)

Edited by FreeThinker

Hm, I have the plugin only and I got the 7.1 version off of KerbalStuff, but ATM still says that theres a 7.1.1 available. However, the plugin only part is actually coming from RoverDudes mods, so, do I grab the branch off of RoverDudes github or like what? I just want to be sure that the USI mods are fully functional with firespitter, or rather have firespitter be fully functional with those, or somesuch.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.