Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

Awwwww yesh.

Snjo, have you already been told that you just rock? You know, with all of that making a fantastic addon and making a plugin that powers half* of all the other KSP addons.

*May or may not be an exaggeration.

Awwwww yesh.

Snjo, have you already been told that you just rock? You know, with all of that making a fantastic addon and making a plugin that powers half* of all the other KSP addons.

*May or may not be an exaggeration.

Thank you!

I think it's less than half :) But i have lost count.

A little hard to see, so it is quoted here:

Invalid parameter because it was infinity or nan.

(Filename: Line: 134)

MissingFieldException: Field '.FlightGlobals.fetch' not found.

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at FNPlugin.AtmosphericIntake.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

FNPlugin.AtmosphericIntake.OnFixedUpdate indicates that you have another mod that does fun stuff with air intakes, and may not support intakes producing FScoolant.

You can try switching the intake resource, and fuel resource to intakeAir, but other than that I can't do anything.

That would probably be me :)

Try this model then

Just create a copy of the engine, rename it in the cfg, and replace the model files with these ones. (I have not tested it, but there is little reason for it to fail)

Awesome, that is exactly what I needed! Thanks a bunch.

Using the existing part worked like it should - the attach nodes and everything work properly - but the texture of the spinning propellor is not right. It looks like it projects the normal texture onto the part. It looks wrong the same way in the VAB-editor. When the propellor is not spinning it looks normal and is textured like it should.

I noticed the names of the two .png's in the .zip are named in reverse of those of the original part, but when I swapped them around it was even worse (the part had warped textures and the animated bit was messed up too). I tried a couple of things, but I am not sure how to fix it. Do you have any suggestions?

Again, thanks a lot!

Edited by Camacha

FNPlugin.AtmosphericIntake.OnFixedUpdate indicates that you have another mod that does fun stuff with air intakes, and may not support intakes producing FScoolant.

You can try switching the intake resource, and fuel resource to intakeAir, but other than that I can't do anything.

Thanks. :) Your mod is great.

Those twin engine planes got me thinking and I dragged out an old bi-wing mod from way back.

My floats are so deep I don't think I can make it back into the air.

Water is a very unforgiving runway.

jd4yLUQ.png

I think I have made my first "Hanger Queen" She looks good but it flies horribly.

I had to use two wings to make the tail and it has too much lift in the back.

OT9fKIR.png

Edited by Tommygun

Awesome, that is exactly what I needed! Thanks a bunch.

Using the existing part worked like it should - the attach nodes and everything work properly - but the texture of the spinning propellor is not right. It looks like it projects the normal texture onto the part. It looks wrong the same way in the VAB-editor. When the propellor is not spinning it looks normal and is textured like it should.

I noticed the names of the two .png's in the .zip are named in reverse of those of the original part, but when I swapped them around it was even worse (the part had warped textures and the animated bit was messed up too). I tried a couple of things, but I am not sure how to fix it. Do you have any suggestions?

Again, thanks a lot!

That was a bizarre thing to solve. I've been using a non KSP shader since forever on those propellers with no issues. Suddenly that wasn't good enough, even though the old ones still use it. Anyways, here's a new version.

No throttle animation twisting the blades on that one, just so you know.

Hello !

I encounter a few problems with some parts of your mod, to be precise : The folding propeller engine and the fueled oblong part. I did not test every part but those two glitches my game when they are "used" the game screen goes black. I still have the HUD (and the little Kerbal in the down right corner is still looking around) but everything else is black and unusable. Even the Space Center is black, i only the bar in the bottom to exit to the main menu and i have to restart the game to fix it. By looking in the log, i found a few weird things like some NullReferenceException without special details and a spamming "[LOG] Look rotation viewing vector is zero".

Any ideas ?

That was a bizarre thing to solve. I've been using a non KSP shader since forever on those propellers with no issues. Suddenly that wasn't good enough, even though the old ones still use it.

I think that is where I got confused too. Anyway, glad that it was not just me not getting it.

No throttle animation twisting the blades on that one, just so you know.

I am not sure what you mean by that, but it looks and functions absolutely perfectly in game. I love the little description too :) Thank you sir!

Hello !

I encounter a few problems with some parts of your mod, to be precise : The folding propeller engine and the fueled oblong part. I did not test every part but those two glitches my game when they are "used" the game screen goes black. I still have the HUD (and the little Kerbal in the down right corner is still looking around) but everything else is black and unusable. Even the Space Center is black, i only the bar in the bottom to exit to the main menu and i have to restart the game to fix it. By looking in the log, i found a few weird things like some NullReferenceException without special details and a spamming "[LOG] Look rotation viewing vector is zero".

Any ideas ?

I have to assume it's a mod conflict. Sadly the in game error log doesn't give the full error message. Post the matching nullref lines from output log in the KSP data folder, and then I can see which function the error is in. I'm on my cell, so no accurate file name.

I think that is where I got confused too. Anyway, glad that it was not just me not getting it.

I am not sure what you mean by that, but it looks and functions absolutely perfectly in game. I love the little description too :) Thank you sir!

The blades normally pitch forwards and back to match the throttle value, which you can see when it's not running

I have to assume it's a mod conflict. Sadly the in game error log doesn't give the full error message. Post the matching nullref lines from output log in the KSP data folder, and then I can see which function the error is in. I'm on my cell, so no accurate file name.

I've got a huge load of

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FNPlugin.AtmosphericIntake.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I guess it's more or less what's causing the error, although no accurate info, sadly. Any idea on your end ?

That error is from KSP Interstellar, which assumes that all air intakes must produce intakeAir, and then swaps it for a custom IntakeAtm.

That's a bad idea, but the author has been made aware of it already, so he'll probably fix it.

Without a resource with mass, engines freak out, so an electric engine running on pure electricity without FScoolant or intakeAir in the mix will crash your game. Silly, I know.

Well considering that the only other location found when searching briefly was the haynes UK site, NO wouldn't be much different for me :P. And the UK site of course only had the RAF aircraft, not the P-51 (or any non-UK aircraft). Unfortunately doing a search for P-38 and Haynes just shows info for the Land Rover model, so I'm assuming that either they don't have one for it, or it's just so uncommon in comparison...will check out the site you listed to see what they have available there.

EDIT: Looks like no P-38 or PBY, but they do have the B-24, B-17 and a few other fighters that I might pick up in addition to the ones you got yourself. Had no idea that Haynes did aircraft manuals...

Edited by RaccoonTOF

Had no idea that Haynes did aircraft manuals...

Considering the rarity of Spitfires, I assume it is just something they know/expect to sell according to the fanbase of the aircraft. If they would make them just for the owners of the craft they would be selling not that many books :)

Of course, the Mustang is a little more common, but still. Not a very populous bird.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.