Firespitter propeller plane and helicopter parts v7.1 (May 5th) for KSP 1.0

Snjo

If you guys are making Biplanes, you HAVE To make machine guns to go with them.. You could base some of the code off DYJ's minigun!

He even added sound to the thing a while ago

Snjo is making the biplane for his firespitter parts, I've been developing an optional engine module for use with his parts. I also have been making a custom gun module which covers everything from machine guns to battleship turrets. I don't think Snjo has any intention of making a gun part but I'd consider making a ww1 version if he wanted me to.

Just wanted to clarify that! :)

I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to put a dangerous thing like a machine gun on one of those beauties. KSP players are far too friendly for that.

That's why I keep hearing "Can we please get some humanitarian aid air drop crates for this mod" or "How about a teddy bear launcher, or maybe a turret mounted jelly donut dispenser".

I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to put a dangerous thing like a machine gun on one of those beauties. KSP players are far too friendly for that.

That's why I keep hearing "Can we please get some humanitarian aid air drop crates for this mod" or "How about a teddy bear launcher, or maybe a turret mounted jelly donut dispenser".

ANd I've been waiting FOREVER for the jelly donut dispenser, too. Get back to work!

I have to say, this is a brilliant mod, and i enjoy playing with it, and i have made a Lancaster bomber out of your "Merlin" aircraft. Currently in first prototype stage, has no bombing capabilities yet.

uqeHjNi.png

Also, machine guns sound cool.

Edited by Krosulhah

Impossible to say with all those mods where the conflict is, but since the only special thin about electric engines is the extra resource they use, I'd say any mod that messes with resource weights would be the culprit.

Electric engines use an air substitute called FScoolant to get around the fact that you can't run on just the massless fuel electricCharge. If the FScoolant goes away or has 0 mass, bad stuff happens.

Maybe this is an odd question, but would it be possible to get me a FS1EN nose mounted engine with a smaller centre nosecone? I have taken a look at the part and I can not figure out how to do it, but maybe you have some tips or could help me?

Just the propellor from the FS1PE part without the engine or cowling would also do fine, as that is about the size cone I am lookinf for.

Edited by Camacha

Maybe this is an odd question, but would it be possible to get me a FS1EN nose mounted engine with a smaller centre nosecone? I have taken a look at the part and I can not figure out how to do it, but maybe you have some tips or could help me?

You can't scale just one piece of a model without either re-exporting the model, or writing some code to do that to a named object. If you just want to scale the entire thing down, that's as easy as altering the rescaleFactor.

The base set of bi-plane parts is done. Now I just gotta do some alternate textures, a set of wheels and custom strut looks.

YvtrLPu.png

pBWA1VZ.png

...and lots of cockpit IVA work

Edited by Snjo

You can't scale just one piece of a model without either re-exporting the model, or writing some code to do that to a named object. If you just want to scale the entire thing down, that's as easy as altering the rescaleFactor.

Unfortunately I do not need a simple rescale, but a partly rescale - which is impossible to do on my own according to your story. I do not think writing a plugin is the proper way to go either.

Who do I need to send some cookies in order to make them consider helping me out?

Unfortunately I do not need a simple rescale, but a partly rescale - which is impossible to do on my own according to your story. I do not think writing a plugin is the proper way to go either.

Who do I need to send some cookies in order to make them consider helping me out?

That would probably be me :)

Try this model then

Just create a copy of the engine, rename it in the cfg, and replace the model files with these ones. (I have not tested it, but there is little reason for it to fail)

The base set of bi-plane parts is done. Now I just gotta do some alternate textures, a set of wheels and custom strut looks.

-imgsnip-

...and lots of cockpit IVA work

Can I have a Fokker Dreidecker? Preferably a Manfred von Richthofen red one.

EDIT: Preferably the version that doesn't shoot its own propeller to bits.

Edited by wasmic

Can I have a Fokker Dreidecker? Preferably a Manfred von Richthofen red one.

EDIT: Preferably the version that doesn't shoot its own propeller to bits.

Oh You'd better believe I've already built one! It's just that it's currently racing green with british decals. As soon as that's sorted out, I'll throw it to you guys!

Sat down to start working on the new pwings but instead this happened:

I'll try again:P

Sweet! I tried making a remote control plugin once, but had some problems controlling all the axis and throttle settings, and the range stuff of course. What are you using to fly the remote plane?

And are those guns currently out, or are you sitting on them like you like to? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.