Kerbol System Expansion

GiUcXFG.png

Hey, there Kerbonauts! Have you ever wanted a bigger Kerbol system, with more planets to explore? You're in luck! With the new and upcoming Kerbol Expansion mod, 3 new gas giants will be added to Kerbol.   Visit vast new worlds, and step where no Kerbal has gone before, in a brand new realistically stylized planet pack. I'm also in need of suggestions, so feel free to drop what YOU want to see from this mod!

This mod is newly released, so give some time for bugs to be ironed out.

Compatibility

This mod will be compatible with  Parallax, EVE volumetrics, custom music and more.

Requirements

This mod comes bundled with Kopernicus Expansion and Niako Utils, however you will need to install Kopernicus manually or through CKAN.

Download: Here on Github!, or Here on Spacedock!

Join the discord server!

Follow me on Twitter, where I will be posting updates!

Best Photos

Spoiler

c0fajK0.png

aMZ2uGG.png

jy15H2o.png

v0sU4OA.png

Rqnua7K.png

Textures are licensed CC-BY-NC-ND. Configs are licensed as CC-BY.

Edited by smushanoob

KD6Fwiq.png

Dev logs #1

Introducing Neel, a moon  similar to Dione from our real world. Will feature many craters, ridges, and canyons to explore! Made this in a couple hours, hope y'all enjoy this sneak peek.

Development is going smoothly, and planets are getting integrated one by one. 

49 minutes ago, smushanoob said:

SNIP

ntroducing Neel, a moon  similar to Dione from our real world. Will feature many craters, ridges, and canyons to explore! Made this in a couple hours, hope y'all enjoy this sneak peek.

Development is going smoothly, and planets are getting integrated one by one. 

WHOA that looks very good. I'd like to know your process so I can improve on the bigger OPX objects.

On 9/2/2024 at 6:13 AM, smushanoob said:

Kerbol System Expansion

MyPVFHa.png

Hey, there Kerbonauts! Have you ever wanted a bigger Kerbol system, with more planets to explore? You're in luck! With the new and upcoming Kerbol Expansion mod, 3 new gas giants will be added to Kerbol.   Visit vast new worlds, and step where no Kerbal has gone before, in a brand new realistically stylized planet pack. I'm also in need of suggestions, so feel free to drop what YOU want to see from this mod!

This mod has just begun development, and may take a while to begin official release.

Compatibility

This mod will be compatible with  Parallax, EVE volumetrics, custom music and more.

Requirements

This mod will require Niako's Heightmap Utils, in order for best quality.

Questions? Contact me!

Discord: pastelmari, or on #mars-mods in the Kopernicus Discord Server! I'm open to alpha testing, so feel free to shoot me a DM.

No Pics, no clicks. Will be updated with more pictures as development continues. :P

Reveal hidden contents

UADjn5I.png

stUdLas.png

aTE9mBk.png

ikkhout.png

urNtCox.png

BxaIAhO.png

OH MY GOD

Oh man this looks epic!

I suspect using this together with opm is a no go (because the planets are in the same places as Sarnus, Urlum and Neidon)?

And if so, doesn't eeloo get in the way?

Edited by modus
Added something

7 hours ago, modus said:

Oh man this looks epic!

I suspect using this together with opm is a no go (because the planets are in the same places as Sarnus, Urlum and Neidon)?

And if so, doesn't eeloo get in the way?

Afaik, Salenne orbits further out than Eeloo's apoapsis. I'm sure it's fine.

Very cool, would be nice to have a multi-generational ship do a OPM/OPX/KSE mission in a single go with some ISRU tossed in.

is it parallax continued or 2.0 supported?

19 hours ago, PicoSpace said:

Very cool, would be nice to have a multi-generational ship do a OPM/OPX/KSE mission in a single go with some ISRU tossed in.

is it parallax continued or 2.0 supported?

The Free edition of Parallax is supported.