So I'm back and only to find the user account has been restored…

Cesrate

So… The profile is relatively easier to rebuilt, but friends…

And, now the join date has been wiped off, is there possibility for any administrator to modify this? I've been here since November(Or December? Anyone remembers it?)…

Listed join date and post count are really not worth worrying over, anyway. Everyone's been knocked back to zero (or at least close to it).

Exactly, lets work on rebuilding the content in the forum, not post counts and titles.

At this point, I put the suggestion before the site admin that the forum post templates are edited so as to remove the join date field. The data would still be displayed on someone's profile, but a lack of it on each post might help salve over this new, arbitrary division in the community.

Of course, the down side of that is that it means post count becomes more important, which might encourage new people to spam in order to seem like they are an oldbie.

Personally, when I ran my own forums, I avoided any kinds of stats that can be construed as "forum experience points", such as post counts and join dates. It's fine to display these in profiles, but when they are a part of each post we make, people sometimes make a game of it and there is resentment when they cannot "win", particularly if there arbitrary events such as the forum reset which might "reset their XP."

If people want to share their join dates, what version of KSP they bought first, etc. then they could use their signature for that.

Then again, a forum reset doesn't bother me that much. I don't particularly care about my date or post count (or other people's, for that matter). Maybe it only bothers a handful of people here, and does not require the time needed for addressing the issue, and I am just over-analyzing the issue.

I've had great advice and fun by talking to oldbies and newbies alike on here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.