[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

the first docking was done with Gemini 6 and 7 becouse there was a porblem with the Unmaned agrea te first time they tryed to launch it.... I think it was Gemini 8 that did dock with agina..... or did gemini 6 and 7 just rondive with out docking?

Gemini spacecraft couldn't dock between them because they used an active/passive docking system, and Gemini was the active one.

It's like two guys trying to... nevermind.

Edited by astropapi1

Hey Frizzank I did end up getting the Mercury pod working again. Turns out I deleted the IVA and that did it. Infact I deleted ALOT in the Squad Folder. About 98% of the parts. .. would you mind telling me which stock parts the craft files use if its not too many?

The mercury pod uses the stock 1 man pod internals.

heres a silly question... to update I have to deleat fasa form my game... then install the new one.... what effect would that have on my saved game.... or would I have to start a new curare?

I only break save games if I change part names or delete parts, that isn't happening this time around so feel free to update. If your ever scared to break something just copy over the parts you want updates from, you may get weirdness but at least nothing will break.

Also, whoot a 1000 posts!!!

m00f gets to request ONE part.

NASA made or planed to be made from 1958 to 1976.

Edited by frizzank

The mercury pod uses the stock 1 man pod internals.

Oh, sorry yea I fixed the issue with the pod. I cant load the majority of the craft files in FASA. Im missing parts. Now I thought you said a few pages back that the craft files have both FASA and stock parts, yes? I deleted most of my parts. So if this is the case which stock parts are in the craft files? If theres too much just let me know and ill restore.

How to make them along with struts is undocumented. So someone would have to figure all of it out.

The guy that made KOSMOS got struts working, so that's a start.

I find the stock fuel lines rather... aesthetically unpleasing.

Just outta curiosity, what is the ship on your avatar? It looks like a Gemini capsule with four radial things... engines? floating over Jool. Looks totally badS.

Just thought I'd drop in to says thanks to Frizzank and the other contributors to this mod for making it. I'm a massive history nerd so successfully getting the Mercury Atlas rocket into orbit for the first time was a moment of pure joy for me; comparable to how I felt when I first landed on the mun. The Gemini capsule is a real beauty, and would be a worthy addition to the stock game in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

How to make them along with struts is undocumented. So someone would have to figure all of it out.

CBBP did figure out fuel lines and struts. B9 also knows how to make struts.

Just outta curiosity, what is the ship on your avatar? It looks like a Gemini capsule with four radial things... engines? floating over Jool. Looks totally badS.

I made it back when Gemini was still part of Nova Punch. It was the evolution of what I needed to get the 2 man capsule to Jool. The picture shows it just after a trip through Jool's atmosphere to bleed off some speed. It has radial fuel tanks from a mod I cant remember at the moment, NP parts and of course Gemini.

Bkuqhcn.jpg

Just thought I'd drop in to says thanks to Frizzank and the other contributors to this mod for making it. I'm a massive history nerd so successfully getting the Mercury Atlas rocket into orbit for the first time was a moment of pure joy for me; comparable to how I felt when I first landed on the mun. The Gemini capsule is a real beauty, and would be a worthy addition to the stock game in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the praise. It means a lot to me, I hope you like what I have planned for the future.

Hey m00f, request a one part X-15!

Someone else was doing this but I think they lost interest, I may pick it and do one but I wanted to give them a chance first. So I wouldn't waste a part request on something that is already in the works.

Edited by frizzank

New version is up on spaceport. Its the same as the pre-release I put out yesterday so you don't have to re-download if you already grabbed that one.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/gemini-and-mercury-frizzank-aeronautical-space-administration-fasa/

Change Log

3.6 - Added Remote camera. Lets you do remote crew reports.

Added Laser Mass Spectrometer, lets you do remote soil samples.

Added take data to pods and radiometer

Mini Gooâ„¢ Radiometer lowered xmitDataScalar to 25% to compensate for its smaller size.

Docking nodes are all at size 0, multiple docking node sizes are no longer supported in .23.

Also fixed the control from here alignment bug in Big G Docking part. Should work with auto docking mods now.

Big G Docking now has retro thrusters. Will fix properly later.

Swapped the stats for the mini orbital bertha and mini LR 91, visual sizes make more sense with the stats swapped.

Fixed multiple control surfaces on Winged Gemini's control surfaces and Redstone fin from showing up twice.

wqKRz6V.jpg

469dXav.jpg

OK, I'm confused... I crashed a lander at the south pole of the Mun, and I dispatched a Rescue Gemini based lander to rescue the poor Kerbal I trapped on the Mun. He had 8 experiments aboard, but I can't load them into the Rescue Gemini. Does it intentionally not have any capacity for science at all, or did I find a bug?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.