[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I am totally amazed at the humbleness of some of the KSP modders. Frizzank, you do not need to apologize for trying to get Mercury, Gemini, Agena MOL and Big Gemini into our hands as fast as possible. Good Lord Man, the least we can do is fly'em to help you debug them. ;) Thank you and enjoy your Holidays.

This is a random question, but is there any plan do to Apollo as well? Or is there already somewhere that does Apollo? On another note, Awesome mod! keep up the good work.

Answered in post #868 of this thread.

Can't seem to download it, mediafire says it's been removed or something. O.o

Click the red link at the top of the 1st post on page 1, it leads to Spaceport where you can download it. The mediafire mirror does indeed seem to be broken.

Don't know if this is reported already: The Gemini X1 Lander Legs have a minor bug:

If you start with deployed legs (as now possible in 0.23), the will not retract. You will have to deploy them again and then they will.

Edited by Nereid

I have to say, I'm in love with this pack. Mercury and Gemini were neat and the Atlas is wonderful.

By any chance, would you be willing to include the NRO's very neat spy satellites in FASA?

That is satellites like the KH-7 GAMBIT and KH-9 HEXAGON. An image from thespacereview.com showing the family of KEYHOLE spy sats:

1809aa.jpg

The KH-9 and KH-7 are the ones I find most interesting. Although the KH-9 is a bit of an odd shape. Again, photo from thespacereview.com:

1774a1.jpg

Plus, including the KH series spy satellites does match up with including the KH-10 DORIAN; also known as the MOL.

The only real problem with the KH series spy satellites is that the KH-1 through KH-6 were launched on Thor-Agena rockets, necessitating the creation of the Thor first stage. KH-7 and KH-8 used the Atlas-Agena while the KH-9 used the Titan IIID.

Keep up the wonderful/excellent/awesome work!

Frizzank, have to thank you again for such an amazing mod pack.

2 things I noticed:

1) The Gemini docking cone context menu has two entries for "control from here". Does it matter which one I click on?

2) As of .23, any engine utilizing an Electric Charge resource needs to have isTweakable = false and hideFlow = true (optional) as was done with the vanilla engines...otherwise Kerbal Engineer doesn't report the engine delta V as well as disappearing CoM.

I noticed the orbital berthal engine had such an entry...not sure if there were others since I didn't have time to check them all.

Keep up the great work!

:wink:

Frizzank, have to thank you again for such an amazing mod pack.

2 things I noticed:

1) The Gemini docking cone context menu has two entries for "control from here". Does it matter which one I click on?

2) As of .23, any engine utilizing an Electric Charge resource needs to have isTweakable = false and hideFlow = true (optional) as was done with the vanilla engines...otherwise Kerbal Engineer doesn't report the engine delta V as well as disappearing CoM.

I noticed the orbital berthal engine had such an entry...not sure if there were others since I didn't have time to check them all.

Keep up the great work!

:wink:

1) The Gemini Docking cone has two docking modules for size 0 and size 1 ports (clamp-O-tron and clamp-O-tron jr.) It does not matter which "control from here" you click. For action groups with the dual "decouple node", just add both. Might as well say that if anyone thinks it up :P

2) Without scrolling up, I think it's been mentioned, but it's up to Friz to write it down in his to-do list (if he has one! bum bum buuuuum!)

Speaking of the Gemini Docking Cone, does it have the same problem in MechJeb as the Big G docking module? Because I was trying to do a MechJeb automated docking with a Gemini and an ATV, and it ended up just bouncing them off each other until all my monopropellant was used up...

Found another bug, but I'm not sure what's causing it. No hoorah.

I had the Gemini docked with the Agena, and everything seemed okay. It's when I undocked from the Agena that the laws of physics were canceled out on the Agena, and only the Agena.

tumblr_myhczwpTdA1rpsnwro1_1280.png

Basically, after undocking, the agena probe and docking port recede into the rest of the Agena, passing through matter as if it weren't there. Strangely enough, right clicking on the other parts of the Agena brought up the menus as if everything were still connected. I then turned on RCS, and tried maneuvering around, and that's when the fabric of space and time collapsed in on itself. Things broke apart, as you can see in the picture. But the menus still came up. I then said, "Screw it," and throttled the engine up, which worked. The engine, and only the engine, moved forward until it hit the Gemini nose, as if physics were turned back on. But the engine went through the fuel tanks to get there. After that, the menus stopped coming back up, and the Kerbalnauts GTFO'd before something else happened.

To be honest, this isn't the first time this has happened. The first time was after I renamed the Agena core to it's proper name, and my already in orbit Agena's core turned into the ICBM core, as expected. I undocked the Gemini, and physics collapsed. I however wrote this off since there was a part there that shouldn't be, and things were already broken looking anyway. Now that this has happened again, I think it might be something else. However, seeing as no one else has said anything about the Agena being broken, I'm not sure what to do. I'll recreate the events just to make sure.

Mods installed:

KJR

CrewManifest (Sarbian version comes with toolbar plugin)

6s Service thing by Nothke that comes with Firespitter plugin

Mechjeb

Module Manager

RCS build aid

Real Chute

Procedural Fairings

Sumghai Service module which comes with Fustek Plugin

American Pack (just the LRV)

AIES Aerospace, not all parts

KSPX

KW rocketry, not all parts

Lionhead Aerospace Hermes, which I'll probably unistall anyway as it's laggy.

NovaPunch2, not all parts.

Speaking of the Gemini Docking Cone, does it have the same problem in MechJeb as the Big G docking module? Because I was trying to do a MechJeb automated docking with a Gemini and an ATV, and it ended up just bouncing them off each other until all my monopropellant was used up...

The Agena docking cone only works with the Gemini docking cone. It has special collision on it and may not work well with mech jeb. Just use a regular docking port with mech jeb.

I've had no problem with MechJeb docking with the Agena, I made sure the guiding antenna is inline with the noch.

Also, I found a bug, the docking cone for the Gemini appears in my propulsion tab and not the utility one. I have the lastest download too.

The Agena docking cone only works with the Gemini docking cone. It has special collision on it and may not work well with mech jeb. Just use a regular docking port with mech jeb.

Will it work with the Big Gemini docking compartment? The weight savings (as compared to fairing base plate + Kosmos APAS-69) would be significant.

On a related note, is the Big G docking compartment supposed to have two size0 docking nodes and no size1 nodes now? IIRC the older versions had a size0 node and a size1 node...

Also, I found a bug, the docking cone for the Gemini appears in my propulsion tab and not the utility one. I have the lastest download too.

Confirmed in 3.501 (latest on Spaceport, as of when I posted this), it just needs

category = Utility

in the part's config file. Someone mentioned this earlier, but I can't find the post now...

Edited by Fail-Man 3D
Added fix

I managed to recreate the bug. If you try undocking the Gemini from the Agena after you return to it from the tracking station, then the Agena does the splits.

tumblr_myjzij8QFP1rpsnwro1_1280.png

Environment:

Built the Agena, sent it out for launch, hack gravity, flew it on RCS away from the launch pad, and landed nozzle first on the ground.

Built Gemini, sent it out for launch, hack gravity still on, flew it on RCS over to Agena for successful docking.

Tested undocking at this point, bug did not occur.

Re-docked Agena and Gemini, landed on Agena nozzle, went to space center.

Selected Tracking Station, and then Gemini Agena test.

Tested undocking, and bug occurred this time.

I took a look at the output log, and nothing in there said anything about the any of the FASA parts at the time of undocking. I will not these two lines that popped up:

Part FASAGeminiNoseCone2 cannot load module #4. It only has 4 modules defined
Part FASAGeminiSasRcs cannot load module #3. It only has 3 modules defined

I'm doubtful that has anything to do with it, but you never know. What I think might be causing this issue is Mechjeb. Several errors kept popping up for mechjeb in the log, so I'll update to the latest version and see what happens. Until then, I'll just have to complete the Agena Gemini missions before getting bored. :P

Update: Couldn't post anything last night due to the forum going down right when I hit submit reply. Since then, I unistalled mechjeb completely, and retried. Bug occurred again after returning to vessel from tracking station. My next option is to unistall KJR.

Maybe a bug. I have a problem with the external rocket fuel tank. I put it on any vessel (mostly I use it with ALCOR lander) but it doesn't feed the engine, only when I use it with the TAC fuel balancer. Interesting but the external RCS tank work properly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.